GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

Re:NATALIE BROOKS THE TREASURES OF THE LOST KINGDOM

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 21, 09 4:45 AM
I enjoyed the demo hour, but all the pop-up frustrated me. Seemed like everything I touched a note or message popped out. Is there anyway to shut off the pop-ups?

Now I have to decide if I want to buy it or not....good game vs pop-ups????

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 21, 09 5:10 AM
I enjoyed the first Natalie Brooks and when beta'd this one - knew I wanted it, too. I'm thrilled BFG released the game here and intend to play tomorrow when I have the time.

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Jan 21, 09 5:31 AM
I just downloaded the game and tried to play it. When I got to the library, there was a big yellow blank square that wouldn't go away. I would like to purchase it and play it.
But first I will send a message to CS to see what's what.
Jackie

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 21, 09 5:35 AM
Good idea Jackie, I didn't run into any problem like that during my demo play...I just can't get past all the messages popping up.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 21, 09 5:53 AM
GeeBee wrote:I enjoyed the demo hour, but all the pop-up frustrated me. Seemed like everything I touched a note or message popped out. Is there anyway to shut off the pop-ups?

Now I have to decide if I want to buy it or not....good game vs pop-ups????

Nope, no way to turn off the pop-ups, but they are really what describe what you're looking at and give you the clue what to do. I's kinda wish they weren't there myself, not because they annoy me but because they make things a little too easy.

Final play time: abt 4 hours, but that included making a snack and pausing as I played to take bites of said snack. I also played all the mini-games but one, watched all cut scenes, read all dialog, used only abt 3-5 hints. Not long, but I found it very enjoyable.

Oh, and I had no further glitches beyond those two chapters not wanting to load. I'm running XP SP3 with a Radeon video card with all drivers, DIrectX etc up to date.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 21, 09 7:18 AM
Really enjoyed playing this one!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 21, 09 7:37 AM
prpldva wrote:Really enjoyed playing this one!

Just all kinds of fun, wasn't it?

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Jan 21, 09 8:47 AM
Thanks poodlebear found it I did see it but it looked too easy,.

Thanks
lineck.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Jan 21, 09 8:59 AM
Finally finished it, enjoyed it, but had to miss three mini games one I cannot remember now, but the one for the decoder I got everything except two items that would not fit in the space a small handle and a half moon type pipe, both were nothing like the area that was left to finish. NO TIMER YEH

The other was getting all the little men with no lights I got all but one, and lost patience, not my best virtue.I feel I got value for money. found it a easy game except for the hiccups I had with the mini puzzles that were not hard but lost patience, will try again later. Maybe because I am tired it is 2.56 am and I am working tomorrow, lucky I work from home, But as I do accounts I will be hoping for some easy reconciliation.

cheers Nite Nite.

lineck

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Jan 21, 09 10:08 AM
Just played a few minutes of the demo. I like this one. It's not to hard and I like the sound effect when you find an item.......Probably will get this one. The story line has some good humor in it too.

greeny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by greeny1 on Jan 21, 09 10:27 AM
i downloaded the trial for this game and like another poster has said,i got the error violation mesage, anyone know why that is happening?

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Jan 21, 09 10:29 AM
Hi greeny1, welcome to the pond. You might want to contace tech support and see if they have any ideas. My download has not had any problems so far. Good luck.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 21, 09 10:30 AM
Hi greeny1...welcome to the forums.....you can click on help and check the error message or if you can't find a solution...contact Customer Support...they are great!

Sister13
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sister13 on Jan 21, 09 10:39 AM
Hello Fishes .... can someone please help me with the Code in secret room....I´m from Germany and I don´t no any American dates that would help me......

OK I´ve got it....

Edited on 01/21/2009 at 11:18:52 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 21, 09 12:51 PM
I am playing demo BUT got stuck with the safe ? Is the message ( code) on mirror what you use?
If so, across in a line or up and down? I hope I make sense here..lol..lol
I used the keys.

Now when I first started the game my arrow would not change to lips but have a big square over and freeze the screen. Finally after clicking a mil. times it turned back to lips. WHAT a funny "A PAIR OF LIPS">>>lol...lol

PEN

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Jan 21, 09 1:00 PM
The signs on the mirror went in top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left. I don't know if will be the same for everyone.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Jan 21, 09 1:01 PM
Penrose, you need the three keys and the four figures on the mirror. Mine went UL UR LR LL for the four symbols when dialing them on the safe. Yea, those lips are pretty fun.

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Jan 21, 09 1:57 PM
Big Fish does it again! Loved the first one and am enjoying the second one so much! Way to go Big Fish!

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 21, 09 2:24 PM
Love this game. What fun and upbeat music in the background. Now I think I've got to play the first one everyone has referenced..

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 21, 09 2:33 PM
Played it, enjoyed it and finished by skipping one puzzle (no patience for last light) and used 4 hints. No problems of any kind encountered.

Go to: