Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mar19th502 on Jan 22, 12 1:25 PM
jcsgame wrote:Gate Problems:

In order to "zoom in on the gate, I had to backup/reenter scene. Had to (backup/reenter scene) to place the "items" on the gate lock. I had to do the same thing again, (backup/reenter) in order to go through the gate.

Seems to me there is a programming problem here. I am using VISTA.

Ditto - only it never ever will let me put the star/moon on the gate lock. Ditto on the system and Vista. I've loaded and reloaded. It sounds like such a good game but it must hate VISTA,

Stormy9
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Stormy9 on Jan 22, 12 1:52 PM
I'm having the same problem with the last orange gem!! I'd buy the game if it worked. Oh well....

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jan 22, 12 2:18 PM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are getting a white screen upon launching this game. If you haven't already, please give the steps in the following help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help either, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we have about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better!

Thank you all for your patience, and we'll be sure to let you know if we receive any updates.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

packrat54
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by packrat54 on Jan 22, 12 2:20 PM
I need to throw in my two cents..I downloaded the game and went to open it to play and all I got was a black screen. In order to get out of it I had to CAD. I have had this happen on two prior games from BFG and never found the solution. Like everyone else, I deleted and downloaded it again with the same results. What more can be done? (FYI-I do not have Norton running on this computer)

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 22, 12 2:30 PM
This is game is FULL of glitches all the way through. At the end it states that it took me 5hrs and 43 mins to play but I'm betting the 43 mins was made up of all the times it froze for ages, wouldn't respond to clicking, wouldn't cursor change, navigation got stuck and the umpteen times I had to CAD the thing.

Not value for money with this many faults, guys. This game needs a good tweaking and re-issuing.

Such a shame for such a valiant effort, but not good enough.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jan 22, 12 2:40 PM
I got the white screen too. I don't want to send in a Dr Felix report just to have them tell me to replace something like the graphics card, driver, etc. Last time I did as they suggested, my computer crashed. Too bad; I love games by this developer But there are always other games to play.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 22, 12 3:13 PM
O! ANOTHER ONE 'BITES THE DUST'!

well this has been on-going with the lastest of many games...d/l went fine...typed in player name...first screenshot after storyline....WHAT THE !!!...clicked on mirror, had the pic of girl half in mirror and half out of mirror, AND i guess i was supposed to collect the KEY?....WELL tried to continue play and kept taking me back to 'HEY STOOPID CHECK THE MIRROR!'...well not in those exact words...but

this is it!...my BP is way up past the 'almost having a stork' stage...and...its now going on 'lots' of CEs (which i rarely buy but demo before the SE)...'tech issues' delux versions...no joke!

am sad...not sure why all this with the games?...have a new puter and guess its tired also pf the 'glitches'? ...well quit guessing and quit purchasing!...thats all folks!

eta: well i wish i was not one to 'try, try, try again!'...but i did...luv the games from this developer but after uninstall/reinstall, change players...same old crap!...am out of being 'zapped'!...

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 4:43:07 PM PST

[Post New]by josh82 on Jan 22, 12 3:16 PM
I am having this problem too... I see the orange tear shaped gem near the rabbit's foot, but it will not allow me to pick it up... Any solutions yet? Please help

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jan 22, 12 3:58 PM
diamondgirlva wrote:I purchased this game and when I get to the butterfly garden there is on last jewel that I click on and it WILL NOT let me pick it up. Can't progress any further in game.
Anyone else with this issue?

I'm glad I'm on the demo here. I know EXACTLY the jewel you are talking about. It is an orange jewel that is not obstructed by anything. I've tried clicking all over it (only to bring down wrath upon myself). The game will NOT let you pick it up. So I closed out and came here to see if someone else was having the same issue.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 22, 12 4:26 PM
I am in the bonus content - I got the lantern but can not get the poker it disappeared. Can you help?

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 22, 12 5:23 PM
(I might be a bit off-topic here, but maybe this'll help)--(it's not particular to this game, but just a general hint)--

Got a brand-new (6-weeks) HP All-In-One-TouchSmart Desktop--wouldn't play DVDs or CDs, so I called HP CS. After about an hour of diagnosing, the TechRep decided that Windows Media Player was at fault--D/L'd another, better (my word) Player and defaulted to that one. Bingo! All systems go! Seems that there was just some kind of incompatibility with the Windows thingy and one or more of my newly-installed software programs. There are a gazillion combos, and the Reps are good at that!

My lesson? When in doubt, call a Techie (except maybe for Microsoft--not too sure if there are any human beings working there!). I've experienced no problems with this or any other games on the new system (running Win 7 Home Premium). Sounds like there might be some glitches w/Vista, though.

Sorry to stray so far "off course"--gotta get back to "Fairway"!

Regards, elldee

[Post New]by Gamegirly25 on Jan 22, 12 6:45 PM
I can't get through the garden gate in the beginning of the game. It won't let me zoom in to place the star and moon in it's proper spot. The cursor is also very jerky throughout. I too have Vista, if that makes a difference. It seems as if others are having the same issues with Vista. Too bad!

[Post New]by mmcree on Jan 22, 12 9:09 PM
Downloaded the game just fine, but after 6 minutes of waiting for it to just get to the new player screen, I got out of it and came here. After seeing all the complaints of the actual game play glitches I think that I will wait until after BFG gets the game working right before I attempt to play it again.

[Post New]by darwinfish on Jan 22, 12 9:14 PM
ditto on the orange jewel. grr.

Anne3624
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Anne3624 on Jan 22, 12 9:47 PM
Nope, waving to all those that get the white screen!!!!!.....I have paid for many games here at Bigfish, and I have had two that just didn't play, This won is the second one, and I just get a white screen with music. Do not tell me its because I have Windows 7. I guess I just won't play this game....

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 22, 12 9:58 PM
Count me in as another person who can't get that last orange jewel in the garden. No matter where I click on it, nothing happens. I tried quitting the game and restarting it, but that didn't work either.

This is also on Vista.

Too bad I'll have to uninstall it - it looked like a pretty game and I liked the puzzles that I came across.

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Jan 23, 12 12:35 AM
I rarely have problems with games I get here but this one got me at the gate. I cannot zoom into the gate no matter what I do. I backed out twice and then completely lost any navigational arrows so quit the game and came back in. Went to the gate, no zoom, backed out, went back to gate, still not able to zoom, backed out, lost all navigational arrows again, so quit for good.

[Post New]by patriciaann on Jan 23, 12 12:46 AM
Hi, I have been enjoying the game till now that I have encountered a glitch that won't let me finish the gemstone section in the sanctuary. I have 2/4 vials and there are no more gems to place in the gemstone holes. I believe that it is because I did not place them in the right order. I now find that I cannot finish the game. A fix would be appreciated, thank you.

[Post New]by patriciaann on Jan 23, 12 12:53 AM
I have just found the 2 lots of gems that I had missed in the front of the mixing bowl area. Now on with enjoying the game, thanks.

souldiva72
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by souldiva72 on Jan 23, 12 1:33 AM
sullysdragons wrote:
diamondgirlva wrote:I purchased this game and when I get to the butterfly garden there is on last jewel that I click on and it WILL NOT let me pick it up. Can't progress any further in game.
Anyone else with this issue?

I'm glad I'm on the demo here. I know EXACTLY the jewel you are talking about. It is an orange jewel that is not obstructed by anything. I've tried clicking all over it (only to bring down wrath upon myself). The game will NOT let you pick it up. So I closed out and came here to see if someone else was having the same issue.

Was there a solution? Otherwise, I want a refund.

Go to: