Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Comments for Overworld: Spring of Shadows CE

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 22, 12 5:10 AM
cbtx wrote:
And this dev has jumped to the top of my favorite dev list along with Blue Tea.
Want to guess which one fell out?

So far, most of the othERS games are chosen to be among the best games for 2011...

To be obsessive about the wide screen only is very personal attitude to the quality of a game. Most of Vogats games didn't work on my old computer, but that didn't mean that their game quality was low. My comp wasn't compatible. Period!

To reach the excellent quality of ERS, all developers have to go "a long way to Tipperary"... It doesn't mean they don't have bad games, but still the othERS don't have any serious competition.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 5:22:53 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 5:50 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
cbtx wrote:
And this dev has jumped to the top of my favorite dev list along with Blue Tea.
Want to guess which one fell out?

So far, most of the othERS games are chosen to be among the best games for 2011...

To be obsessive about the wide screen only is very personal attitude to the quality of a game. Most of Vogats games didn't work on my old computer, but that didn't mean that their game quality was low. My comp wasn't compatible. Period!

To reach the excellent quality of ERS, all developers have to go "a long way to Tipperary"... It doesn't mean they don't have bad games, but still the othERS don't have any serious competition.

To be obsessive about a particular poster is also personal----especially when your information is incorrect. The difference is that I am not breaking forum rules and unfortunately, you can't say the same.
•Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish Games employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.
Happy gaming!

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 6:03:41 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 22, 12 5:50 AM
This game is gorgeous. The graphics are a delight and I just love all the different magical creatures. It's almost as if the devs read one of my posts and gave me everything I've been asking for. I played the demo with sheer enjoyment.

This is one happy bunny writing this. I played Witches Legacy demo yesterday and bought it straight away, it is so good, but had to wait till this morning to continue, and lo and behold, ANOTHER beautiful and different CE waiting for me. Christmas is NOT over yet.

I don't know which one to play first. Never been so spoilt for choice.

This is a very good day to live.

(I should GET a life, hey.)

But I don't care what anyone thinks. I LOVE these games!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 5:55 AM
i am surprised no one mentioned......the sg keeps pace with you, whereever you are in the game, when you open the guide, its wherever you are at that moment,

just bought, and am thrilled with it.....

just wish other devs would make such fun games,,,,might just bring this ex hog addict back.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 6:00 AM
bella81762 wrote:i am surprised no one mentioned......the sg keeps pace with you, whereever you are in the game, when you open the guide, its wherever you are at that moment,

I did say that in my review, Bella.

And Rebeca_Lily: Why is it OK that you post a negative review (could barely find my way through it, it was a little messy) for a game that almost if not all of us have only good things to say about, but you won't allow someone else to make a negative comment about something that is close to your heart? Not nice.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 6:03 AM
Valdy wrote:
bella81762 wrote:i am surprised no one mentioned......the sg keeps pace with you, whereever you are in the game, when you open the guide, its wherever you are at that moment,

And Rebeca_Lily: Why is it OK that you post a negative review (could barely find my way through it, it was a little messy) for a game that almost if not all of us have only good things to say about, but you won't allow someone else to make a negative comment about something that is close to your heart? Not nice.

oops sorry valdy....in my excitement over this game i must of missed it.....

and to your comment

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jan 22, 12 6:22 AM
I did a Beta last October called Garden Spirits and to my surprise, that's exactly this game ..They must have changed the title .....Anybody else did the Beta ??
I played only about 20mn of the Beta as I thought that the game was nothing special ...and I have not played enough of the CE to see if there was any big changes ....

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 22, 12 6:52 AM
I am loving this game -- so much that I wish I could gift it to both my daughter and my sister, but I can't. Are you listening, BF?

DK

lkwriter
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,914 Posts

[Post New]by lkwriter on Jan 22, 12 7:00 AM
sawadee93 wrote:I did a Beta last October called Garden Spirits and to my surprise, that's exactly this game ..They must have changed the title .....Anybody else did the Beta ??
I played only about 20mn of the Beta as I thought that the game was nothing special ...and I have not played enough of the CE to see if there was any big changes ....

Thank you!! I knew I'd played the Beta under a different name, because I recognized the first screenshot right away. I was quite taken with the whimsical graphics when it was 'Garden Spirits', and I'm tempted to buy this one. (I haven't played enough of the CE either to see if there are changes, but I enjoyed the ambience enough the first time around that this probably will be a buy in some form for me.)

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Jan 22, 12 7:02 AM
I am so glad to see a fantasy game! I bought this one because it is fantasy. I'm very pleased with it so far.
Have fun fellow fishies!
Sal

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 22, 12 7:07 AM
Valdy wrote:

Because, Valdy, first - some fishies have told me to write what I feel, even if it's a minority opinion (see my thread in CC corner about an "anti formulated games") - I wrote there that I never write negative review, just keep my thoughts to me.

This is the first time I tried to oppose the majority, and most of you were very irritated?

What about the "brain-pump" about wide screen, and the offensive attitude towards the othERS because of that? I am their fan, and I personally am offended...

When your "band-wagon" leader stops to attack my favorites - I'll have the right to attack your favorites! Justice for all!...

Edit: Attacks like this, hidden in the review (very offensive) - I didn't offend the present developer, I still think they are good:

[cbtx] "This game is a must have for me, and sets a standard of sorts as to just how high the bar can be set, and absolutely leaves certain other developERS in the dust of repetition and resting on their older achievements."

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 7:22:04 AM PST

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jan 22, 12 7:13 AM
Not sure how ERS games got dragged into this thread for a BoomZap game? But...
BoomZap beats ERS hands-down any day IMO.

BoomZap games are original, creative & fun with many unique & clever puzzles at every turn. BoomZap is NOT a game mill like ERS.

The debut of a "true" hardcore" mode (no text spoilers) is something players have been asking for for ages--BoomZap got busy & delivers this to us now!

Meanwhile, ERS continues to make its games easier & easier & shorter & shorter.
All while using same story, repetitive HOS, & recycled art & music assets too.

ERS does have very tough competition.
In fact, many regular gamers no longer bother with ERS, except maybe as the Daily Deal.

Just check what the professional review site (starts with "G") has to say about ERS's most recent game: not a good review at all & not good predictions for where ERS is going either.

Luckily we have devs like BoomZap!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 12 7:21 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Because, Valdy, first - some fishies have told me to write what I feel, even if it's a minority opinion (see my thread in CC corner about an "anti formulated games") - I wrote there that I never write negative review, just keep my thoughts to me.

This is the first time I tried to oppose the majority, and most of you were very irritated?

What about the "brain-pump" about wide screen, and the offensive attitude towards the othERS because of that? I am their fan, and I personally am offended...

Well, I wasn't offended by your negative comment. I was just wondering why you thought it would be OK to post a negative comment about a Boomzap game, but someone else can't post something negative about another developer - no matter what the reason was.

And hey... I don't mind you posting a negative review. If I don't find something to my liking, I would say so as well. That's what the "Review" thread is about - to give both positive and negative reviews.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 22, 12 7:24 AM
Okay everyone...take a breath before this thread gets locked.

We all have strong opinions...but let's try to stay focused on THIS game, okay?

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 22, 12 7:29 AM
Valdy wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Because, Valdy, first - some fishies have told me to write what I feel, even if it's a minority opinion (see my thread in CC corner about an "anti formulated games") - I wrote there that I never write negative review, just keep my thoughts to me.

Well, I wasn't offended by your negative comment. I was just wondering why you thought it would be OK to post a negative comment about a Boomzap game, but someone else can't post something negative about another developer - no matter what the reason was.
And hey... I don't mind you posting a negative review. If I don't find something to my liking, I would say so as well. That's what the "Review" thread is about - to give both positive and negative reviews.

That's why I never post negative comments - because they may offend some fan and follower. Now can the attack om MY favorite dev can stop too?

The negative review was written because I really think that this game is not my alley - it happens, isn't it?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 22, 12 7:29 AM
Janie42 wrote:Not sure how ERS games got dragged into this thread for a BoomZap game? But...
BoomZap beats ERS hands-down any day IMO.

BoomZap games are original, creative & fun with many unique & clever puzzles at every turn. BoomZap is NOT a game mill like ERS.

The debut of a "true" hardcore" mode (no text spoilers) is something players have been asking for for ages--BoomZap got busy & delivers this to us now!

Meanwhile, ERS continues to make its games easier & easier & shorter & shorter.
All while using same story, repetitive HOS, & recycled art & music assets too.

ERS does have very tough competition.
In fact, many regular gamers no longer bother with ERS, except maybe as the Daily Deal.

Just check what the professional review site (starts with "G") has to say about ERS's most recent game: not a good review at all & not good predictions for where ERS is going either.

Luckily we have devs like BoomZap!

I have to agree with you and I used to be a huge ERS fan, but no longer am.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Jan 22, 12 7:35 AM
Pleasant game with good graphics, sound and music.

The Hint button takes some time to refresh.

The puzzles are interesting.

The Hidden Object Scenes are like, find 10 or 20 of something and that just about sent me cross-eyed - very difficult to see for my old eyes.

I feel this is more of a SE rather than the CE in respect of child-like monster characters which may appeal to the younger set more.

I think I will have to give this game a miss with the main reason being the Hidden Object Scenes difficulty. Fishies with better vision may find them much easier to spot.

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Jan 22, 12 7:50 AM
The demo keep me intrigued and I liked following the story line. I also like when you have to find secret objects in each scene. There are achievement goals that are another of my fun things to accomplish in a game.
The graphics are very well done. I will definitely purchase this CE.
Keep up the great work BFG.
And keep having fun Fishies!
Happy gaming, Vallarina

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Jan 22, 12 7:51 AM
The demo keep me intrigued and I liked following the story line. I also like when you have to find secret objects in each scene. There are achievement goals that are another of my fun things to accomplish in a game.
The graphics are very well done. I will definitely purchase this CE.
Keep up the great work BFG.
And keep having fun Fishies!
Happy gaming, Vallarina

So Sorry for the double posting! My computer must have burped.

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 7:54:38 AM PST

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jan 22, 12 7:53 AM
What a beautiful game! I am fascinated! And I`m so looking forward to February (then I will be able to buy "Otherworld" CE)!
BoomZap ( authors of "Awakening" games) is one of my three favorite developers( the other two are ERS and Blue Tea, the authors of "Dark Parables" series). Games of each of them are unique and original in their own way and because of that I love them all.
Happy gaming everyone!

Go to: