Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:Thank you from the developers!

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 22, 12 10:53 AM
Thanks, Christopher, for taking the time to stop by and give us a little background on the company of the game. Too many times we wonder if the game developers are even paying attention to anything we say here. It's nice to know that your company takes feedback seriously and pays attention to its customers.

Happy New Year to everyone!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 22, 12 10:55 AM
hey bpup....have you played it yet......its sooooo good. ......i might even go replay in hardcore,,,,,,,and i never replay hogs.......gotta do the bonus 1st tho

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 11:52 AM
Hey Chris,
As I know you see, the response to this game has been overwhelmingly positive and well it should be. You and your team have set a very high bar to be reached----a new standard in my opinion. Your other ganes are excellent and this one is a gem! Thanks for caring enough about your product to come to the forums and interact with your customers directly----it shows a great deal of pride (well deserved) in your work, and it shows you sincerely care about what we think. And that kind of pride and concern are the hallmarks of success.
Great game, great job.
Happy Chinese New Year to you and everyone at Boomzap!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 22, 12 12:01 PM
Hi Chris and all at Boomzap

Thank you for another great game , I love most of what I have played so far (3.1/2 hours worth ).

I say most because while I really liked the idea of making the jacket I had to use the skip button on the cutting out part because my arthritic hands wouldn't co-operate with cutting each piece out in one go and your programme just wouldn't allow me to cut round it in stages. For me this was the hardest one of these type of puzzles, I did manage the next one though .

I know I am not the only one who has problems with their hands, wrists etc and therefore I would like to ask if it would be at all possible to have a little bit more leeway in these sort of puzzles in the future please because I would much rather do them than use the skip button.

By the way, putting that link to More Games has paid off because I saw Passport to Paradise and I am going to add it to my collection of Boomzap games ... hope my hands hold out .

Please keep making wonderful games and a big thank you for coming here to talk to us and for really listening to what we would like and implementing them ... wallpaper in use .

Cherb

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 22, 12 12:06 PM
Not only "Passport to Paradise", but "Frogs in Love" as well.
All your games are very good!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 22, 12 12:09 PM

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR BOOMZAP

p pp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp
p pp pp i i
p ppp pp pp pp pp pp p
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
p ppp pp pp p ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp p pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp ppp pp ppp p pp pp pp p ppp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
p pp pp pp pp pp pip pp pp pp pp pp pp p
p // // pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp pp pp pp p pip
i// // p pp pp pp pp pp p prp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp p pp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp ppp pp ppp
p pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp ppp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp
p pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp ppp pp pp pp pp p
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p pp pp pp pp pp pp
p pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp pp p
p pp pp pp p pp pp pp prp
p pp pp pp p ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Jan 22, 12 12:19 PM
Happy Year of the Dragon to all!

I won't repete ALL the glowing praises and sincere appreciations for your newest release, just want to echo them!!!!

I too have loved all of your games, and yes, I lean towards a game with more puzzles than HOS, which you excell at. Thank you!!!!!

I believe I said this in feelback in Awk: Goblin Kingdome, but it bears repeting: Others games tend to leave me slightly sad or down with their lack of color and "cuteness". Their junkpile HOS leave me feeling like I've treked through an urban garbage dump and desperately need a shower. You've proven you can create a story (even one with some spooky stuff) and still make it pretty and eye pleasing. A great big:
T H A N K Y O U for that!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 22, 12 12:20 PM
I have broken my "no CE" rule for the Awakening games and now for this. I don't use screen savers and the like so paying double for an extra 10-20 minutes does not make sense to me. I could just buy another game and have over an hour.
But for these games I cannot make myself wait for the SE.
Please don't go over the line and begin with torture, demons, guts and gore. I don't understand how that is "fun" for anyone.

By the way, unlike someone before me I love puzzles as much as HOGS.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jan 22, 12 12:58 PM
I'm sorry, but I found the graphics rather grainy. For a CE, I would think the artwork would be more pleasing to the eye.

I haven't played much of the demo yet. So as to game play, I really can't comment.

My first impression immediately was how awful the graphics were.

I will play the demo through and see how I feel then. But just not sure this is CE quality.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 22, 12 2:12 PM
I second every positive thing said about this really great game, but can you explain why some of us are experiencing a large amount of glitches and some are not? I have checked all relevant features of my 1 year old computer and everything is in order, yet this game sticks, freezes and takes ages to navigate. In a lot of instances it will not respond at all and just when I think I will have to exit again, it comes back into play.

I give you full credit for the game itself, but the mechanics seem faulty.

Perhaps you have an explanation? Many of us are puzzled by this.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Jan 22, 12 2:21 PM
I wasn't going to try this game as I am a little bored with the "same-o same-o", but after reading your post, I thought "heck why not?" I want to thank you for showing us, Fishies, that we are an important part of the process. Sometimes, something as a simple thank you for being there is enough to make even the smallest guppy feel appreciated. I look forward to trying your game now. Thanks for the personal touch. Gong xi fa cai!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 22, 12 5:00 PM
Are you guys ready for this??? Just shy of 12 hours in hardcore mode!!!!!! And I haven't started the bonus level. I love you!!!

Thanks for all that you did to make this game so enjoyable. Because I didn't have all of the hints, I had to figure out how everything worked (just the way I like it!). This was the most enjoyable day I've had in forever!

Believe me when I say- "please sir, I want some more!" A most excellent game - right down to the finish.

A couple of things I would like to mention: First - I truly appreciate all the room that was allowed with the 'jigsaw' type puzzles when they were designed. Being able to spread out the pieces was great! Good job! That little extra was much appreciated.

Food for thought - Being OCD I will play the game again in an attempt to get all of the achievements. It would be nice if I could use the same profile and just add to the ones I already have, rather than starting from square one. Also, if you do Achievements and Hardcore mode in future games, maybe the 'Finished the Game in 6 Hours or Less' could be changed in honor of Hardcore players to 'Finished the Game in 6 Hours or More' !

Edited on 01/22/2012 at 9:32:38 PM PST

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Jan 22, 12 5:19 PM
I beta'd this game awhile back....AND LOVED IT!!! It actually had a different name on the beta but I recognized the artwork immediately and bought just as fast...OH my goodness I have been waiting for this for forever...thank you so much...It's a fantasy come true to see it here finally ....thank you for lovelyness and quality all wrapped in one!!

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Jan 22, 12 5:47 PM
A TRUE MASTERPIECE!!
Dear Boomzap:

I want to say thank you for releasing one of the finest games I've ever played!

I've played nearly every hidden object game, and large adventure game on this website.

This game had EVERYTHING I could ever want in a game, except re-playable mini games at the end. I truly enjoyed the story, and adventure part of the game with enjoyable puzzles. The sound, graphics, voice overs, all added to the enjoyment of the game.
The mixture of looking for fragmented objects such as the one to complete the fountain basin, as well as jigsaw type puzzles, looking for objects via "riddles", and looking for "objects" for hidden object scenes allowed a VARIETY of challenges without ever becoming bored or tired or just "wishing" for the game to end.
This is in my humble opinion a TRUE MASTERPIECE! I've enjoyed playing the other Boomzap games, but this one truly sets the others apart. Also, I had no glitches whatsoever with this game.
Bravo, and I look forward to the next the release!
Sincerely,
Kathey

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Jan 22, 12 6:32 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR, BOOMZAP!

As a Mac user, I'd like to say a special Thank You! * to you for releasing so many of your Mac games simultaneously with the PC versions. Your whole Awakening series is fantastically gorgeous and immersive, expecially on a 27" iMac! Wheeee! Needless to say, I'll be downloading Otherworld for a test drive on that big, bright machine and risking going over my Verizon data allowance again for the third month in a row, thanks to ! Keep on making your exquisite games!
Health, Happiness and Prosperity to you in this Auspicious Dragon Year!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jan 22, 12 9:20 PM
Thank you BOOMZAP, your games are always high quality with amazing graphics, the game play is great! I own most of them, LOL Please continue what you've been doing. I look forward to your new games and this one was a real treat. I rarely buy CE's but I had to have this one right now!!!

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jan 22, 12 9:21 PM
Thank you BOOMZAP, your games are always high quality with amazing graphics, the game play is great! I own most of them, LOL Please continue what you've been doing. I look forward to your new games and this one was a real treat. I rarely buy CE's but I had to have this one right now!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 12:04 AM
There is just one little thing I wanted to ask if it could be changed:

It would be great if the HINT, and especially the SKIP button could take less time to fill - especially in Casual Mode, which I play.

I am not great with a lot of puzzles, and there are certain puzzles that I know I won't be able to do, and sitting there in front of my laptop, drumming my fingers on the table, and willing the SKIP button to fill, is not my idea of having a good time.

So please, can you just shorten the fill time of both the HINT button (which also took a minute in casual mode) and the SKIP button to, say, about 15 to 20 seconds at the most?

Thanking you in advance.

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Jan 23, 12 1:29 AM
I played the trial for about 20 minutes or so and it seems to be a nice game. I just wonder if it is more adventure as I did not see hidden object scenes. I do not know if it is BF that makes the catagories but it is confusing for me at time as it seem more like a puzzle/adventure game?
Anyway, just to write my opinion I am not tired of hidden object scenes & when I trial a game that is featured as hidden object/puzzle/ adventure I hope to at least see some hidden object scenes.
I know many hard core players are adventure fans that do not like hidden object scenes but a note to developers from players like me....I like hidden object scenes! I am not adverse to new things but many like me do not want only new, new, new, things/changes. When I see games that are listed as hidden object games I hope to find some hidden object scences and not only adventure and puzzles.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jan 23, 12 6:11 AM
I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you for the dual release. Your Mac players truly appreciate not being an afterthought.

Go to: