brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Reviews for Three Musketeers Secret: Constance's Mission

[Post New]by brookings on Jan 23, 12 12:00 PM
I only lasted 10 minutes. I found the instructions not to be clear. I was trying to remove the last rope first, the instructions said rope, they also included chains as well. Thanks for telling me. I just didn't like this game enough to go any further.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 23, 12 1:13 PM

I'm only part way into the demo and am buying. This is an adventure point and click/H0G hybrid with a variety of mini games.

There is a learning curve initially where you read the instructions and get a 'feel' for the gameplay and then there are character dialogues you will read between scenes.

Not for everybody, and perhaps way on the easier side of things, but I thought it was charming and will be a great relaxing and enjoyable change of pace and look forward to finding more about the plot and characters.

IMO, a great game at a SE price!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 12 1:22 PM
dramajunkie wrote:Valdy, this may be the 1st time I've disagreed with you. Game is Boooring! Cartoon drawings, no voice-over for too much unimportant talk. Too much hand-holding except when the next step is unclear , even illogical. Teensy tiny bits to find not in a HOS, but all over the room. Story is romance novel level (no offense to romance novel fans). No buy even as a DD, certainly not PC or credit - I save them for good stuff I can't really afford

I absolutely hate the HOS that play in the large rooms. You just can't see the objects you are supposed to find. And yes, it is rather boring compared to, well, most of today's games. But it has some nice features, like the HOS where you push away objects to find others, and having to dress the woman (or you skip it).
And I think it's a nice enough game to play when you have nothing else to play. Still not sure whether I will get it or not. Will wait how my punch card looks towards the end of the month...

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Jan 23, 12 4:05 PM
Martyheinz wrote:I think this game is an ideal starter game for someone new to the genre. For experienced players it will not satisfy as there is too much handholding.
Iknow we all had to start somewhere but I like to figure things out my self.

[Post New]by MICHAELJOHN on Jan 23, 12 5:14 PM
HI all hey could use some help,Please,Iam stuck in constables room,cant find any more books or any thing! Any advice&Help greatly appreciated!Thanks Frenchi Take care all

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jan 23, 12 9:35 PM
Liked the story wish it had voice. I think this game would be good for beginners to this genre.

I didnt like how it loaded from one scene to another (like the old days). This game should have a walkthrough for more information on the scenes and how to info.

Give it a try. A ok game but not for me.

Happy gaming

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jan 24, 12 4:37 AM
Thanks for your help valdy I did get further on but really need a WT as I dont think the hint system is too helpful ( and I need all the help I can get ) shame really cos I quite like the game .

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 24, 12 8:26 AM
LostForever wrote:This game has spot the differences?!! I'm outta here, not even going to download.

There are only 3.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jan 24, 12 8:33 AM
Nothing to write home about, but a good enough filler for when beggars can't be choosers.

The graphics are very proportional and quite grand in design and decor, which was pleasing to the eye. The story is the one we all know. I quite liked dressing up. Dressing up is not mandatory, it can be declined.

It's a pretty game, not without it's entertainment value, once you get used to how it works, which is quite a bit different from what I'm used to.

I think I could have been a tad more enthusiastic if the objects weren't quite so miniscule. That aspect meant I did a lot of waiting for the hint button to fill up, which detracted from the game.

It had one of those very abrupt endings that left you thinking that that could have been dealt with a lot better.

Didn't hate it, didn't love it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 24, 12 8:53 AM
"We got puzzles"? "check!"
"We got chores?" "check!"
"We got lots of things to do"? " check!"

I like this game, nice change from the dark, creepy games, although I love those.
The graphics are nice.
Wish it had voice overs
I liked the scenes where you're rooting through stuff to find the hidden objects (that was fun.)
The other hidden objects in the rooms were a little hard to spot sometimes
I don't like the loading times between scenes.

All in all this game is good/fun/simplistic little adventure for a coupon credit of which I have 3 to use before the end of the month.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Jan 24, 12 6:35 PM
I really only have one word to say about this game: BORING.

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Jan 25, 12 10:51 AM
I really enjoyed what I played of the demo. I wasn't expecting much, but found the differences between this game and some of the more graphically polished recent offerings very refreshing. This was just pure fun to me. I get tired of all the dark, evil, or ghostly stories, and this is a nice change. I also found many elements of the gameplay appealing.

It didn't start with a car wreck, doesn't take place in an asylum, and the other characters are corporeal. Works for me! I will definitely buy this one, despite my original expectations.

1fantome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 1fantome on Jan 25, 12 4:42 PM
I don't care how many coupons you have, let them expire before purchasing this one. There's probably something positive to say about it but for the life of me I don't know what it is. I've played lots of games-"the good, the bad and the ugly" but this one could turn you off gaming for life

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Jan 26, 12 11:09 AM
I didn't like this game very much at all and only lasted through the first scene where you get the bag off the roof. Far too much dialogue to read and not enough action. It might get better as you go along further but the narrow screen and the talk, talk, and more talk just didn't excite me enough. There are too many really good games out there to take the time on this one. The only thing I did like was the way things moved around in the scenes so that trying to find them was pretty easy and just different enough to add something to the game. But that was enough for me. Done! Delete! Move on!

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Jan 26, 12 9:18 PM
As soon as the female musketeer showed up with her vest/blouse open to show ample cleavage, I uninstalled it. Exploiting women is not necessary for a good game, so why do it! I'm a senior citizen, happily married, and not a raving "women's libber" nor a prude, but I am offended by the Barbie doll image. Haven't we moved way past that?

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jan 31, 12 7:49 AM
I think that the best thing of this game is the girl (musketeer) who appear as soon as you open the game.
There are tech problems (little ones) but there are, which doesn't make fluid the playing, but the whole concept is nice and fun, with bright colors, and the difficulty is ideal for beginners of Hid obj games! Happy gaming to those whom will enjoy!!

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Feb 4, 12 5:58 PM
Hi Moesart.............Lol, I know exactly what you mean!! I can't figure out why I like it but something keeps making me go back. I haven't bought it either (yet) I was hoping that checking out the reviews might help me decide but wow, a big mixed bag of thoughts on this one.
It is clever but again, not sure why or what it is.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 6, 12 1:24 PM
I like the idea of the game and the story line although a history buff has to do a lot of "lalala" over the inaccuracies of a woman walking around in skin-tight pants during this time period. And a costumer has to wince VERY often at the inaccuracies and combinations some designer-with-no-fashion-sense puts our heroine into. Please, couldn't the designers have consulted an actual costume history book when designing this? Yes, I'm picky but that's what reviews are for, right?

Then the big thing that annoyed me is that after this brash and fearsome woman saves the Queen with all sorts of derring-do, they have her cook and clean for 'her date' at HIS flat, on the first date? Give me a break! Nothing like under-cutting the strong female heroine; those old stereo-types do not need any more reinforcing, TYVM!

And while I'm griping; music and dialog! it would be so much nicer to have voice-overs rather than just silent text and annoyingly repetitive electronic music. There is such a rich collection of music from the period, why on earth go with these couple of choices?

Finally, this is a very simple game with a few frustrating fussy details, like such precise placement of objects to perform tasks that it slows the game down to a frustrating crawl when one should be able to just perform the task and move on. For instance, in the prison room where one must pour the wine over the damp rope to drop it on the cask, I'm finding it impossible to get the right placement on the carafe to pour the wine over the rope.

Lovely graphics but a bit more design precision and care would go a long way to making this into a superior game.

mysticalla5
Stingray
Stingray
4,869 Posts

[Post New]by mysticalla5 on Feb 7, 12 3:07 PM
So tell me, did you buy or are you doing like me, playing other games but not deleting this one cuzzzzzzzz..........I might buy.?

[Post New]by RozanneLamar on Apr 8, 12 6:02 PM
I actually really enjoyed this game. Granted I teach Social Studies so I LOVED the story line. A walkthrough would be VERY helpful but the game is pretty easy. My only complain is that the game is just too short. The story line needed to be longer..it was a nice game for an afternoon!
Rozanne

Go to: