DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 27, 12 10:43 PM
Hi there,
I see this game has been much maligned by some, however, having completed it I feel that there are a lot of factors that actually make this game more worthy of the CE status than others that have been offered recently.
There are 3 game modes offered. I played on the hardest mode, which does ot give you any assistance and I must say that even for experienced game players, this is a LONG game. Just when you think you have "got it", another door and scene etc is presented.
OK, some of the announcements about finding stuff and what to do with them might seem condecending to some, but what is the dev supposed to say? "Oh, I think you can use this to do A with B"?
You can change the difficulty level from the options screen within the game without having to start over (which I must admit I did once when I found one of the puzzles most annoying so I could Skip it and then change back afterwards).
Once you have collected at least 12 out of the 15 Masks hidden in the scenes - spoiler - I feel that they appear at different times in the scenes in the game, not just the first time you visit them. If I am incorrect here, I hope someone will further us with the correct information, but I was certain that they only appeared on the third time I entered one particular scene - you have access to replaying the puzzles and H0 scenes over again. There have been very few games that have offered this as a bonus and I think the devs deserve credit for this.
The HOS have randomized items except for the interractive ones (some of which are very clever) and the obvious "acquired" item.
The Guide is integrated into the game so you don't have to access it from the Main Menu and "keeps your place" if you use it.
So, apart from the complaints about "same old" etc (and it is the third game in this series after all and we should have known what to expect), this game is, as I have stated previously, more worthy of other games offered here recently
SO, for those of you who are not yet in the "jaded players and waiting for the next Big Bang" category of this type of game, I feel that it offers many hours of enjoyment and good value.
Cheers
Edited to add: As others have already mentioned, the trial version is the full game file (with enabled SG) so for those of you like me who have monthly DL limits, this is a HUGE in my estimation as you don't have to redownload the game after purchase.

Edited on 01/27/2012 at 11:39:47 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 29, 12 5:44 PM
deleted

Edited on 01/30/2012 at 11:30:11 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 29, 12 5:48 PM

Edited on 01/30/2012 at 11:32:18 AM PST

Re:Comments for Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart illusion objects

[Post New]by Loisa66 on Sep 8, 12 9:42 AM
What are the Illusion Objects I see in the Achievements list. I didn't find 15, and probably didn't even find one.

[Post New]by Berns50 on Sep 30, 12 10:03 AM
I'm enjoying the game but got stuck on hidden object scene where you have to carve the letter S. I have tried everything. Brushing it with the tool,banging it, carving it nothing works I think it is a glitch . Anyone else have this problem. I'm using an IPad. Up to that point all was well. Can't go on till I finish this scene.

[Post New]by GhostBunny18 on Nov 1, 12 4:40 AM
I'm half way through the game and its a huge improvement from cursed opera but not such an improvement on the asylum...
They are still having problems with accuracy using something in your inventory on the scene.... the HOG scenes are much better, the puzzles... well this time at least you tell people what the goal of the puzzle is. The hints still arent clear. If you miss a room, it doesn't hint you towards the room.
The storyline well...
when did the stage hand become "Old friend"? is that what Viggo hypnotised him to think? and pidgeons as messengers? ... lots of plot holes still so far... ~ will be posting more once I get to the end.

janesolo1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by janesolo1 on Dec 9, 12 1:26 PM
Hi - I hesitated for some to buy this game because of the rating - I'm getting spoiled in my old age and prefer only 5-star games. (I bought this one with card punches.) So it was by no means a new game, and I believe I've played other games of the series, but I don't really remember them well. I played this in isolation, as it were, without any real context.

I really enjoyed this one. The plot was, for me, suitably dark, if in some ways predictable. I liked the graphics and I loved the music. Some of the mini-games were not to my liking, but that's par for the course. I would have rated it 4.5, and recommended it.

Go to: