Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 1, 12 2:19 PM
Teebeeo - I have done that more than once, and never worked. I can't understand why so many of us are having the same problem!!!!

Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by carpar44 on Feb 1, 12 7:55 PM
I'm also having trouble getting the last tile. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Still no luck. Very frustrating.

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 2, 12 9:21 AM
If the game developer doesn't solve this problem with the tile I won't be purchasing any more of their games.

diamondgirlva
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Feb 2, 12 9:48 AM
Lilly214 wrote:If the game developer doesn't solve this problem with the tile I won't be purchasing any more of their games.

I have to say I agree with you on this. I have NEVER had this issue before with any of my BF games and the few I have had were solved quickly.

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Feb 2, 12 1:51 PM
Have you contacted BFG customer support so they're aware of your specific issue -- you know, to put a real name on the problem? Email is more direct and you can hear back with personalize help (or keep trying until you do).

Also, did you try solving it on your end? You can do an internal check on your computer to make sure your graphics card and driver are updated. There are sites, easily found by google, where you can update your game-related software (it's not just the OS involved in game playing) for little to no cost.

If one new game is causing problems, it's not unlikely to happen again because usually developers make games for the latest software and hardware which means unforeseeable problems with older programs (remember "old" in computer terms can sometimes be anything more than15 months).

So... be proactive! Hopefully one way or the other the issue will be resolved soon so you can enjoy the game, too!

Edited on 02/02/2012 at 1:53:41 PM PST

diamondgirlva
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Feb 2, 12 2:51 PM
Yep have contacted CS and they told me nothing scheduled to update this issue. All my Drivers and cards are up to date an they have a Dr Felix.....this is an issue that should be resolved on the developers end not ours.

[Post New]by brutus22 on Feb 3, 12 1:55 PM
Still having issues. Did as you wanted uninstalled then reinstalled the so called fixed game but still cannot get the stupid tile.... need to fix this problem....

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 3, 12 3:08 PM
Sfcali - Yes, I have done an internal check and there are no problems. Have done everything including contacting CS and doing Dr. Felix report. THIS IS THE DEVELOPER PROBLEM!!!

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Feb 3, 12 11:43 PM
I guess it's the adventure game player in me.... problems like this...I always think there has to be a solution. It's weird that it works for some people but not others. Must be so frustrating for you! Hopefully the devs are working on it.

[Post New]by amierakae_54 on Feb 8, 12 10:39 AM
The problem is clearly nothing to do with our computers, out-dated software or whatever since there are so many people here with the same tech issues, otherwise it would be happening with every CE game you post lately. For starters, Dr Felix doesn't work on my computer anyway (and I have automatic system updates) and furthermore, I don't want you guys knowing what is on my computer, that is a stalling tactic when REALLY, you need to be taking these issues back to the developer to FIX THE BUGS.

I point out also that the update on 27th Jan never appeared in my Game Manager like all the others, currently I have four listed but not updating because I have either finished the game with no probs or it is a trial...either way, the update was not there, I went on faith and un/reinstalled it twice after my initial purchase/installation date of 25th Jan thinking it would fix the pokr problem...also, if you play the game logistically, that is, as you see things needing to be done, we are not supposed to know which scene to do first so that the next scene/several scenes do not become impossible to navigate and finish the game.

I love this game, it fascinates me but I had to restart and I am not happy since it is such a very long game and took me ages to get to the Epilogue..now I can't finish it under that profile because of the poker disappearing..please FIX IT!!

Thanks!!

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 10:40:12 AM PST

bfgHondo
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 8, 12 2:24 PM
amierakae_54 wrote:The problem is clearly nothing to do with our computers, out-dated software or whatever since there are so many people here with the same tech issues, otherwise it would be happening with every CE game you post lately. For starters, Dr Felix doesn't work on my computer anyway (and I have automatic system updates) and furthermore, I don't want you guys knowing what is on my computer, that is a stalling tactic when REALLY, you need to be taking these issues back to the developer to FIX THE BUGS.

Hi amierakae_54,

I really do understand your frustration, and hope that I can clarify a few things for you.

There are 2 main reasons that we ask you to send a Dr. Felix report to Tech Support whenever you're experiencing a technical issue with one of your games.

First, the information in this report will help our reps to see if there are any available updates for your system. These updates often help, but aren't always the easiest to find, so that's what we're here for!

Second, some issues only affect certain customers, and so in these cases we try to collect as much information as we can about the types of systems being affected. We then pass that information along to the developers in the hopes that it will help them to resolve the issue.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/08/2012 at 2:25:17 PM PST

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 11, 12 1:13 PM
BFGHondo - I would certainly hope the developer is "trying" to fix these glitches. I have purchased several of their games in the past and have had no problems like this. I did a Dr. Felix as well. I have all the current updates that is required to play BF games. I do highly value CS help, as they try their hardest to rectify these problems. I have gotten a credit for this game, which saddens me very much as I was enjoying it. I will be "watching" for any future updates.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Feb 11, 12 1:18 PM
Another reason to luv the forums. I was seriously considering this game but in view of all the reported glitches- will hold on to my $$. Thanks guys! Hope yr games get fixed soonest!

[Post New]by nuttyfisherwoman on Feb 14, 12 10:44 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled this game yesterday. When I found I could gather all gems in the bunny garden I then bought this game today. I am on the second chapter and am unable to gather the last tile on the second floor. The one in the box.

Lilly214
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 14, 12 4:33 PM
nuttyfisherwoman - that's exactly what happened to me.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,331 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Feb 16, 12 12:07 AM
I've fun into an issue of not being able to cut the glass with the glass cutter. I've tried several attempts, exited out & in, now am reinstallling. Unfortunately this also seems to be an "unskippable" puzzle. Frustrating!!

misty5
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 18, 12 9:03 PM
jeanniemouse wrote:I've fun into an issue of not being able to cut the glass with the glass cutter. I've tried several attempts, exited out & in, now am reinstallling. Unfortunately this also seems to be an "unskippable" puzzle. Frustrating!!

This is the very same problem I'm having. Glass cutter worked fine until the second piece in about the 4th pattern. Have you gotten yours to work yet??

catmartie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Feb 20, 12 11:32 AM
misty5 wrote:
jeanniemouse wrote:I've fun into an issue of not being able to cut the glass with the glass cutter. I've tried several attempts, exited out & in, now am reinstallling. Unfortunately this also seems to be an "unskippable" puzzle. Frustrating!!

This is the very same problem I'm having. Glass cutter worked fine until the second piece in about the 4th pattern. Have you gotten yours to work yet??

Yes,me too!

catmartie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Feb 20, 12 11:46 AM
catmartie wrote:
misty5 wrote:

Yes,me too!

I posted this, went back to the game, left and returned to the table and suddenly it worked!

The trick is, unlike various exercises with the knife that have already been encountered, you don't have to drag the glass cutter round the black outline, just click on the left hand end/corner, whatever, and the shape is cut.

AnnaGP
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaGP on Feb 20, 12 5:09 PM
It appears others are having problems with this game as well.
It gets worse. The game refuses to end!!
I have reversed as many tiles as I intend to and will not play again.

Go to: