Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by nuttyfisherwoman on Jan 30, 12 11:53 AM
I also can't get back into the upstairs room, and then get a debug in the cellar doorway.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 30, 12 12:16 PM
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to come by and try to offer some help with the issues that have come up. If you are seeing a debug error, please get in touch with Tech Support and include a Dr. Felix report. We are aware of this issue and are currently trying to gather as much information as possible.

If you're experiencing a slow game or if the game is crashing, please try the steps outlined in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're having troubles with picking up an item, you may want to see if toggling between windowed mode will help. Another suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall your game.

Still need assistance? Please write in to Tech Support and our reps will be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

nckym
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nckym on Jan 30, 12 2:07 PM
I am having trouble giving the brand to Doyle as he is not appearing and the hint keeps going to the door and I keep using it on the door but it isn't working. Help!

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Jan 30, 12 3:44 PM
I also am having the same problem with Arthur Ford and getting back into the room. I accidently pressed the down arrow and it took me out of the room and now I can't get back in. I am really enjoying this game and would hate to have to start again at the beginning. HELP!!!

euwiles
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by euwiles on Jan 30, 12 3:55 PM
I am also getting the debug report. Have tried everything and no go.

[Post New]by reximoose on Jan 30, 12 5:42 PM
I am getting the same debug problem. I go upstairs to confront Ford and he disappears. Went into the study and can't get to the book. I exited the room and tried to get back in but it says there is nothing left to do. I exited the game again, and can't get into the house or the workshop without the game crashing. Is BFG going to fix this or what? Everything was fine up until this point but I have still never been able to play the Mississippi game of Midnight Mysteries.

jamcd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jamcd on Jan 30, 12 6:38 PM
Is there an answer as to why we cannot get back into the upstairs room? Arthur disappears, can't get the book, and then the door closes. I noticed a lot of people had the same problem. I really don't want to have to reinstall and start the game over. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Maivor on Jan 30, 12 10:30 PM
Reggiesmum wrote:After meeting Arthur Ford on the stairs, when I tried to get the book from the case it wouldn't work. I left the upstairs room and now I can';t get back in. the Hint says I need to get the book, when I try to get in the room I'm told|I've done all I need to in there. Have trieed uninstall/reinstall - no use. Aaaargghhh! So near the end......

I have the same problem. I have a new PC and all drivers are up-to-date. This is the first problem I've encountered since byuing a new PC. All other games have played OK. Please, BigFish, help!

[Post New]by carpet5 on Jan 31, 12 11:43 AM
Ineed to give the brand to Doyle at the manor entrance but he is not there

[Post New]by Ninnasmommy on Jan 31, 12 12:56 PM
carpet5 wrote:Ineed to give the brand to Doyle at the manor entrance but he is not there

IF we missed something why would the game let us go on??? And
why wouldn't the hints takes us back to the place where we messed up??

I think this is a glitch... one or 2 people having this problem is a missed something .... ALL of us having the SAME problem at the same spot is a GLITCH!!!!!!

Why is BF so.... fast to blame us when we have a problem why can't just just admit they messed up and fix it!!!!

Rhondalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

No HOS or lantern for the bog....

[Post New]by Rhondalay on Jan 31, 12 2:59 PM
There is no HOS scene when I go to the desk for the lantern to light my way in the bog... I clicked hellp and it leads me to the desk and points at it, but there is no HOS or anything that I can click on....clicked around the desk a million times (okay, I'm kidding about the number, but it seemed like it!). I looked at the strategy guide to see if it's missing something or something I need to do first and the hellp is missing that too...but no go. I see that someone started a new message string regarding the lantern in the bog and there are several others with the same problem I'm having. One of them tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can you help us??? Or will there be a fix? How long do I wait before asking for my money back ?

[Post New]by GeeGeeLind on Jan 31, 12 4:42 PM
Cant get the Lantern to go to the Bog. It wont give me the Hidden Object game. It keeps pointing to the desk, but the desk just set's there like a desk would!

jcal108
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by jcal108 on Jan 31, 12 4:51 PM
I can't give the brand to Doyle either. Very disappointed!!!!!!!!!! Will a fix be available soon????

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jan 31, 12 5:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to come in and offer some more help. For those still running into a Debug error who have already tried updates -- we are currently looking into this issue. One thing that can help is if you contact our Tech Support team with a Dr. Felix report our reps would be happy to help you with your purchase as well as help us track the issue.

Ninnasmommy wrote: I think this is a glitch... one or 2 people having this problem is a missed something .... ALL of us having the SAME problem at the same spot is a GLITCH!!!!!!

Rhondalay wrote:I see that someone started a new message string regarding the lantern in the bog and there are several others with the same problem I'm having. One of them tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can you help us??? Or will there be a fix? How long do I wait before asking for my money back ?

I definitely want to help address these concerns - in cases like this we're not trying to blame any single computer - however the Dr. Felix report not only helps troubleshoot if needed, but it can help us spot any trends in the systems with this issue so we can better address it.

However we have found that for some players, updates have been doing the trick -- so if you haven't tried those and would like to try to see if they will help out for you first, our help article here will walk you through that process:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 01/31/2012 at 5:03:18 PM PST

[Post New]by BONNIEDEE43 on Jan 31, 12 9:13 PM
i AM ALSO HAVING THAT SAME ISSUE WITH THE DEBUG MESSAGE...HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE WITH BIG FISH.

[Post New]by BONNIEDEE43 on Jan 31, 12 9:13 PM
i AM ALSO HAVING THAT SAME ISSUE WITH THE DEBUG MESSAGE...HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE WITH BIG FISH.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 1, 12 1:57 AM
I am also having the problem of Mr. Doyle not being at the door. I have submitted a request to Customer Support, and included a Dr. Felix report. If we all submit requests, explaining clearly what the problem is and attach a Dr. Felix report, it will give them more data to work with. This may help get a solution sooner, rather than later.

[Post New]by VileWoman on Feb 1, 12 5:32 AM
I am having problems collecting clovers! The SG shows that you can pick up two from the book case in doyles study ( one when collecting the 9 keys and one when looking at the book) but only one is available. Also if you dont pick up the coffin clover first time it is not available the second time. Please help !!!

[Post New]by helphelphelp on Feb 1, 12 10:31 AM
I also have a Debug problem. Arthur Ford in the study disappeared, couldn't take book, I then left the room and went outside. Only place to go was down into the "Ghost Club" room and that's when game crashed. I must say this really s****, so close to the end!!!

shellykayd
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by shellykayd on Feb 1, 12 11:27 AM
I am stuck trying to open a door that needs me to have two cards....which are NOT in my inventory.

Somehow my son (on the same computer, same game, just under his name) HAD the cards and was able to get past this point.

Why would it work for him and not me? I hate to have to start over again.

Is there anything else I can do besides delete and reinstall? I'll have to wait until he's done with his game or he'd be pretty upset with me.

Thanks

Go to: