PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches has started, you are welcome to join in.

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Jan 28, 12 6:10 AM
Coffee is done so after I pour myself a mug I'll be starting too. Thanks for all the info CFG, you did a lot of work on that and it is appreciated. I saw a few things I need to do with setup and the notebook. I'll have to go back and jot them down. I'm not awake yet but the coffee will surely help.

Well, never understood how people could post numerous duplicate messages...just learned how.

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 6:15:59 AM PST

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jan 28, 12 6:14 AM
There is more than one bedroom, but Michael is pretty straightforward in which one he would prefer.

Just finished clicking my way through the house.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jan 28, 12 6:17 AM
Just checking in. Started playing last night, I have wandered around the house, and the yard. I have no sense of direction and spent a lot of time going back to the same place again and again. This game is going to take me a lot of time.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 28, 12 6:25 AM
I've done my sight-seeing downstairs and opened the basement door.
Thanks, sunshinej. I was just about to post that.
I have two phone numbers from the suitcase.

When the day ends, click on your bed.

ETA I've done several small things in advance and have taken several inventory items that I know I won't need until later.

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 6:26:28 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jan 28, 12 6:33 AM
Good morning everyone

I will be starting in just a few minutes, once I wake up properly. Thanks for all the wonderful tips so far on the basics. I am going to need them. I won't be able to make much progress since I work this afternoon and tomorrow but I am looking forward to it.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 28, 12 6:34 AM
Thanks for having me Popla , I am quite excited about playing a game this way, especially this game which is supposed to be the spookiest one of them all .

CfG's clear instructions read and noted <check>
Coffee <check>
Paper <check>
Pencil <check>
Pillow to support arm <check>
Do Not Disturb hung <check>

Takes deep breath, waves to all fellow players and sinks below the surface <glug> <glug> <glug>

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 28, 12 6:40 AM
Yay, y'all started playing!

What I found very helpful for me was drawing a map of all the floors/rooms and noting important things to do in each room.
I was forever opening the wrong door!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 28, 12 6:47 AM
LOL about you all reporting to duty, we are not in the army and this is not a chore. So please just enjoy! Or am I drilling you, hope not........

@Cerbtoo thanks for the directions on how to edit a large post. I prepped my post in Word, but breaking a post open to add something still is difficult. If I need to I will try your method, but I prefer to leave the posts as they are now.
That's quite a large fin to hold on to, I might need it myself at some point.

@pegleann Have fun too, I'll see you in the house.

@LovetoMissLisa You are very welcome. Right from the first group play we started we noticed it to be a success, because playing together is jus great fun and it is indeed also a great ways to get introduced to LF games. Don't sneak up on me in the house, I scare easily

@popla Hi there to you too. Nice that you are here too, cause we are looking at a big group play. Feel free to add information if I've forgotten something or correct me if I am wrong. And most of all: have fun too!

@luvtoread Welcome to our group play. I am sure you will sort your luggage problem out soon enough, maybe with some help from someone else. I know there are several rooms in the house, maybe you are not in the right room?

@vervaine have fun with your clicking spree, there is no penalty here, so click all you want.

@sunshinej Sorry you didn't get your disc version to work. But I am glad you've joined us anyway, have fun!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 28, 12 6:55 AM
I am not starting off very well. My first save didn't work and I've got to 10:00 am second time and I am stuck. It looks as though I have things from my first go to redo.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 28, 12 6:58 AM
Going to update the players list in a bit, cause I saw some more fishies swimming in: yeah, welcome to all of you and enjoy!

@Djrum You've played the game before, didn't you? Do you want me to list you as a helper of this group play? We sure could use the help.

Going to update the players list now and then I am going to dive in to the game myself.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 28, 12 7:06 AM
Hi CfG, I'll most definitely help as much as I can remember.
I am going to look for my notes here in a little bit.

I do remember this: The grandfather clock. And no, it's not a puzzle to solve. But it does play an important part in the game.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Jan 28, 12 7:10 AM
Hey all! I'm here but won't be able to start for another hour or so. Thank God I have my laptop too, I can run in here anytime on that while the game is open on my desktop. LOL

I'm nervous, I know this game is hard. But it will be much easier with all these fins to hang on to!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 28, 12 7:11 AM
Well, I have explored the house and I now have to go for the day. I am enjoying this but am I right in noticing that the inventory items are hard to remember what they are?
Until next time, have fun all.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 28, 12 7:16 AM
I'm diving in.... please. I was nervous about it as I am new to this. I've only been gaming and blogging a little over a year, so have little experience. But everyone here has been so friendly and encouraging that I decided to chase away my fears and have a go at it. Such a great idea. However, my first Adventure game was Broken Sword and Mr_Russ kindly and patiently guided me thru it, so now I'm hooked. I'm downloading now and it's 10 AM here in Florida. I'm very excited about this.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Jan 28, 12 7:17 AM
You can check the grandfather clock to see whether you've made some progress. The time changes.

@Mr_Russ, that sucks so much I wish you best luck with figuring out what step you missed!

I'm making dinner and then I'm back to the game myself. I hope I managed to trigger everything during exploration. Since everyone seems to be more lenient on hints/tips than I expected, I'll say it more clearly: click everything on your first house exploration trip! Majority of items can be picked up and carried (so you don't need to look for them later) and the beginning of the game contains several triggers that you need to progress.

Tip 2:
If you can't make phone calls, you must have missed something important.

Edit: !@#$%^&* I missed something. Stuck at noon...

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 7:52:11 AM PST

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jan 28, 12 7:54 AM
Checking in to join the Scratches play!

I can't start until later but I'm so looking forward to a playing this creepy, scary, and difficult game! Some of the tips have already been helpful for starting, so thanks everyone.

See you all in the house! Dundundunnnnnn.....

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Jan 28, 12 8:07 AM
First off, WOW, what a great group we have !

I've been wandering around the house. I've been trying to make a map... what a joke ! Every time I come out of a room I'm saying "OK, where am I?". I do know (I hope) one thing, in the room where you put the luggage, * there is a doctor's bag with a stethoscope that you pick up. There must be a lock somewhere! *.

One thing I found out, * you don't need to write phone numbers down. When you go to the phone, it will list who you can call. *.

I've jumped from 10 am to noon. I must be doing something right.

hughchik
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by hughchik on Jan 28, 12 8:11 AM
Hi there

Was all ready to start a few hours ago - got up early this morning, did the housework, went shopping and had already informed DH that I had a big "date" today so would not be very sociable when real life intervened The best laid plans, huh?

Anyway, I am about to dive in to my first LFA - happy gaming, everybody

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 28, 12 8:36 AM
Well I made it to the top of the house and was working my way back down when I thought I had better save it so I pressed escape and selected save and then clicked on the word save when it appeared ... in fact I clicked it again just to be on the safe side and then I quit and came here to see what was happening. When I went back it hadn't saved at all and now I have to start all over again .

I should have realised that when no empty slots popped up just the word save that it hadn't actually saved it oh how easy it is to be wise after the event <sigh>.

Does anyone know what happens if I keep clicking the word save and the empty slots never appear? Do you think I will be doomed to keep playing until my fin drops off from exhaustion or I finish the game? I would say whichever comes first but my money is on the fin dropping off .

Good Luck everyone, I hope your game saves

Oh well once more into the breach dear friends ...

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 28, 12 8:40 AM
Welcome to the club, cherbtoo. You did exactly the same as I did - which is wrong.
You don't click on the word Save the second time you see it, you click anywhere underneath it.

Go to: