cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Comments for Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jan 30, 12 8:52 PM
Just happens to be a favorite developer. Curiosity made me do some research on Houdini since I didn't know much about him. I thought the game was an interesting concept, and love the integrated guide. The idea of Deluxe games is great! Anyway, I bought the game and enjoyed playing it. No glitches or problems, including download. I don't mind not having voice overs since I read faster than the characters speak, and that can be annoying if the player isn't allowed to click through. I know I didn't find all the clovers, and once you have missed one, it might not let you go backwards to find it. The Guide is great and the developers did a nice job of that. Not leading by the nose through the hidden object scenes. A couple of the mini games were a bit of a challenge, but that's good! Thumbs up, BF; thank you!

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 30, 12 11:32 PM
My only complaint is the game ended. It really captured my interest. I know very little about Houdini, I am assuming he was really messed up into spiritualism.

Anyway I do have a question, in the review section, I think page 4 and 5, whats with all the **************** line after line, and for some reason, the margins are realy screwy, is that my computer doing that?

I enjoyed this game so much I went back to play Salem witch trials again, and plan on playing the rest again, see if I can find all the clovers, its just good fun.

XtreemNorth
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by XtreemNorth on Jan 30, 12 11:36 PM
Anyway I do have a question, in the review section, I think page 4 and 5, whats with all the **************** line after line, and for some reason, the margins are realy screwy, is that my computer doing that?

(just got answered)

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 31, 12 12:53 AM
The good news is, regarding the astrex blunder, the censor now allows us to type HO for Hidden Object without it getting blanked out or having to use zero H0 and all the new fishies asking what did I say wrong?

The bad news is, for now, we can't type out the word h e r but can type him. Nobody knows why. She and he are ok but you have to use a slang like I love 'er with no H.

Feel sorry for this dev not getting a proper review thread on opening day. Maybe the mod could start a fresh one while the excitement lasts. I'm having fun with it so far (but got sidetracked) hope to finish soon. So much fun finding stuff to do those magic tricks, and good light entertainment for a change.

btw I think the ravens are for hints. Thus if playing on hardest mode with no hints you wouldn't be getting them maybe. The clovers are for achievements.

I love the SGs in HOPAs too. I can call it a premium game with free SG cuz I think this caliber game with the visuals especially should warrant a higher price on its own in future. They should be rewarded for great graphics, art, animations and this even has a good story. Hey, good writers don't come cheap nor artists.

Back to resume and my SG is holding my place lest I forgot where I was and what I was doing. Boy that saves me time and energy as I can't play a game more than 2 hours at a time and usually have to start over if too long away. Can play and get help on my laptop anywhere if I'm not online. Cool!

Edited on 01/31/2012 at 12:57:10 AM PST

ruadhan
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by ruadhan on Jan 31, 12 3:54 AM
Excellent game and really appreciated the reduced price for game plus integrated strategy guide.

Was able to use the coupon to pay for it, so even better.

Only problem was I enjoyed the game so much, I would have liked to play a bonus chapter :-)

Still, the idea of Deluxe editions is a good one - some of the CE games really aren't worth the extra price (I like gameplay, am not interested in soundtracks or screensavers etc.), but if you get stuck on the SE you have to pay for the strategy guide (or wait until some smarter fishies puts up a walkthrough).

So, a good compromise between extra content and lower price.

shark46
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shark46 on Jan 31, 12 11:14 AM
I think its a great game just like the others in the midnight mystery games worth the money happy gaming everyone from a happy uk gamer

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 31, 12 1:02 PM
Great to see a decent game a an SE price. Thanks BF

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 31, 12 5:03 PM
I absolutely loved this game! I wanted it from the moment I started the Beta, and was thrilled when it came out. The puzzles were not super easy, but not so hard I wanted to skip them all (well, I did skip one, but it's one that I can never do). I loved the graphics, and the cards, and the whole thing! I was disappointed at the end only because I didn't want it to end. Just a super game.

Oh...I almost forgot....HO HO HO. For no particular reason, just 'cause I can.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 1, 12 1:11 AM
It's the 1. of February, and I bought this game today.

A big "thank you" to a kind and very generous lady goes with the purchase of this game.

Hoglvr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Hoglvr on Feb 1, 12 7:32 AM
I brought the game and I'm LOVING it. Love the guide,no more flipping between screens when I get lost. Keep em coming BF love this game

[Post New]by wavingskydiver on Feb 7, 12 11:19 AM
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Feb 14, 12 10:05 AM
I'm in the beginning, searching the scene upstairs in the house where I supposedly will get to see Houdini do a trick. The paint brush is the only item I can't find. Used the raven hint twice and all it does is fly across the room and exit the scene, then fly back. I've clicked and searched all along it's route and can't find the paint brush. I hate so called hints like that which are no hint at all. Can anyone tell me where the paintbrush is before I dump the game?

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Feb 22, 12 12:50 PM
Houdini was such a great source of material for this game!

Go to: