bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

Re:Reviews for Big City Adventure: London Story

[Post New]by bootsky on Jan 29, 12 12:17 PM
Oh what a thrill 2 games to choose from & I will be buying both!!!!
Nice relaxing, light, bright & not a ghost in sight LOL
Too easy (as I said in the other games' review) for many but if you want a pleasant game for a Sunday afternoon you now have 2 to choose from....but if you're like me you will buy both just because!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 29, 12 12:38 PM
Very nice game. I have all of the other Big City games and really enjoyed them. This one is quite different, in that it is an adventure and not just strictly HOGs (I do love HOGs). I didn't try the other game, only the story, but I really like this one. Nothing really difficult, just takes a bit of thought. HOGs appropriate to the setting, very nice graphics and game play, music okay, love the voice overs, games not difficult either but take a little time and thought to figure out. I do like the WT. Ask enough questions and you get the answer you want.

I am definitely going to purchase this game with a game credit. Thanks for the reviews.

mspaws
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by mspaws on Jan 29, 12 12:40 PM
Dancing around the room!! Love both of these games...tried and buyed!! lol. thank you!!!!!!!

Paws

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jan 29, 12 12:44 PM
elldee2728 wrote:Oh, Goody, goody, goody! Combine this one with "BCA London--Classic" and you've got a very-well-done CE! A "minus"? Perhaps (just "perhaps") a "kids'" game. A "plus"? A really fun "kids'" game! And I can't speak for anyone else, but I could use some "silliness" right now!

For the price of a large box of buttered popcorn at the movie theater, we've got a game that includes a W/T, voice acting, geography, history, and education. Put it together with the "Classic," and we've got a textbook of London styles!

(I'll have more to say later on in a full review as DW and I play some more of these--so far, what a wonderful use of PCCs! Think I'll donate a couple of my other ones so someone else can enjoy these BCAs!)

Regards, elldee

You made me LOL.... I agree, "can use some silliness". I Beta'd this one (the graphics are GREAT) and then tried the classic last night and may just have to purchase BOTH. Each has their merits. The classic appeared a tiny less crisp to me, though it may have been the late hour when I checked it out after the Big City Adventure version. It also had a charm and appeal all it's own. Decisions decisions. I suppose when in doubt, buy both.... I do have some punches I could use up and fresh home popped popcorn and games sounds like a night on the town. London town, that is, haha.

LIKE!

Enjoy, everyone!

Edited on 01/29/2012 at 12:47:42 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 29, 12 4:17 PM
A delightful variance from the usual Big City Adventure games. I really never liked the previous games. Way too many HOG scenes. At one time they offered a 360 degree option which made me dizzy. I was not going to ever bother downloading the game based on the past but this game is much improved from the others. It

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 3:20:17 PM PST

[Post New]by mrsluik on Jan 29, 12 6:00 PM
Can someone tell me the difference between London Story and London Classic? Thanks much.

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 3:21:09 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 29, 12 11:38 PM
Are you really giving it that many stars, lol, or are the aliens having a field day?

I did get both using pccs. Both are easy, but fun to play. This one is really long, but as usual, I just took my time and poked along, with many rest stops along the way. They both play wide screen on

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 3:22:07 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 30, 12 2:06 AM
I was hoping this would be a fun, interesting game but instead I found it boring and a bit silly. Stereotyped scenes at the beginning and the police stopped wearing those bell shaped helmets years ago. I was bought up in West London and no-one I knew or met spoke the way the characters did. Add in too

Edited on 02/14/2012 at 3:22:51 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 30, 12 11:03 AM
Glad so many of you like this game because good games for 6.99 are hard to find.
I don't care for it. The graphics are clear until you get to the hidden object scenes...why couldn't the sharpness continue to those scenes. The are not as sharp as the regular scenes. If you like hidden object and adventure, you will like the game. Unfortunately I have run out of enthusiasm for HOG's.

This is an excellent game for beginners, because there is no way you can get lost in this game. Lot's of hints and built in guide. Enjoy.

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Jan 30, 12 12:27 PM
Even with the music, sounds and voices turned down to minimum all the sounds were very loud. A great 20 year's old game where the music can blast and the game still go on. But for me, no thanks, too many little things bugged me.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jan 31, 12 10:10 AM
I purchased this without finishing the full demo trial. Really enjoying it, for all the reasons others have mentioned... great graphics, voice overs, adventure.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 31, 12 10:34 AM
I played this demo, as well as the demo for the Classic version. What an interesting experiment offered up by the devs of Big City Adventures!

This lite Adventure version will likely be very appealing to players seeking a less 'dark' and definitely family-friendly IHOG. The trademark style of all Big City Adventures has always been highlighting a certain tourist destination, offering up bits of history, and portraying each in a bright positive light.

While the format is different in this HOG-Adventure version of BCA, that trademark style is alive and well. As to how the adventuring aspects will be incorporated thoughout the game, who knows. The options for difficulty (sparkles or not) is nice.

The voices seem no more exaggerated than many 'accents' in other games. Since players all over the world enjoy these games, some may hear "fake" while others may think "spot on"! Either way, all in good fun.

Since I only played this demo, I'm wondering if all scenes are identical to those in the separate Classic version but just in a different order? I'll be reading here to see how folks who bought both versions feel about this "two styles of the same game" concept.

For now, I've purchased just the Classic version.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 31, 12 10:56 AM
This is a very good game with good graphic, puzzles, hogscenes and a definete buy for me. I think this is the best Big City Adventure game in the series

Edit: I have bought today both games - the Story game and the classic game.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 12:46:46 PM PST

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Jan 31, 12 12:06 PM
What a great game. Nice and bright. Silly tongue in cheek dialogue (I lived in London too) and fun facts about the touristy areas in London.
Well worth the money.

Valdy wrote:
belamba wrote:I was looking forwards to playing this game. It has the option to turn sparkles off (always a plus), a good map and as a bonus, a built in walkthrough. BUT being British (and I was born in London), the stereotypical stupid so called 'English' voice's are very irritating.

I don't know anyone who speaks this type of 'English', and never have. The fact you can't skip the dialogue is also an annoyance.

Awww... come on. It's a hoot. 'ello 'ello 'ello. London bobby 'ere.

This is so stereotypical, as you said, it just made me smile.

[Post New]by lowestmh47 on Jan 31, 12 3:32 PM
i love Big City Adventures but this one needs a BLOG WALKTHRU so you can get thru the mini games. How do you earn extra skip coins? I'm Stuck!!!!!

[Post New]by NAP400 on Jan 31, 12 3:39 PM
I didn't know there was a "classic" version until I had already bought the story version. Now I have both..........not what I wanted.

[Post New]by SacredLites on Jan 31, 12 7:28 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed this game as opposed to the "classic" BCA games, I like the adventure of it. Having a built in help guide was a definite plus and the integrated map was very time saving as well. A few of the puzzles kept you on your toes but nothing too, too difficult that a bit of patience couldn't work out. A definite buy for me and I've enjoyed the entire game, all day long, off and on of course Still have to get a bit done around here as well as feed the family. Enjoy your gaming fishies!

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Jan 31, 12 11:14 PM
I disliked this game intensely. Found it confusing in the extreme and the walk-through very unhelpful. A real loser. I'm sorry I spent even one penny on it.

[Post New]by jenniewalshe on Feb 1, 12 4:50 AM
I have played all the other Big City games but this is the best by far. I really enjoyed it!!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 1, 12 12:03 PM
I have played the other Big City Adventure's but this one is the best so far. Enjoying the game play and puzzles. Like the scenery and it has map and gives you plenty of hints if you need them. A great game...

Go to: