forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Post any Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by forneymary on Feb 16, 12 11:39 PM
i'm having a similiar issue; game resolution is wrong and DPI is an issue (what ever that is). where do i go to find out just what resolution the game prefers. i did try taking it down a notch to 1024 x something or other but it didnt like that either. should i just try one resolution after another untill something clicks?

[Post New]by cyclonetracey65 on Feb 17, 12 12:11 AM
@ Forneymary, I have tried all resolutions and nothing , I have now finished the game but I did have to skip the rose vine mini game cos it was simply to small on the screen, Bigfishies, you really need to address this issue cos so many of us play on widescreen laptops, I really thought a mod would have commented by now, unfortunaltely the CS via email is no better at the moment, Not happy

[Post New]by rooster926 on Feb 20, 12 9:25 PM
I am unable to make the key in the shed. Clicking tells me the other half of mold should be nearby. Walkthrough says to click on the mold to open it up and stand it up. Neither works. I Have uninstalled/reinstalled.

No responses?

[Post New]by ssitze on Feb 23, 12 8:55 PM
Technical forums are useless if no one ever responds to the issues. Posted a question about the missing scythe on Feb. 12, it's now Feb. 24, no response. Even a "sorry can't help you" would be better than silence.

[Post New]by nantnini on Feb 25, 12 8:27 AM
after having played the bought the game i get halfway through it and then it freezes....not good at all.....am trying to get a resolution fro bigfish team at the moment will keep you posted........

[Post New]by nantnini on Feb 25, 12 8:28 AM
after having played the bought the game i get halfway through it and then it freezes....not good at all.....am trying to get a resolution from bigfish team at the moment will keep you posted........

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 25, 12 11:00 AM
Hi fishies!

I see that a few of you have mentioned that you're experience issues due to your DPI settings. If you're using Windows 7, please follow these steps to adjust your settings:

1. From your desktop, right-click and select Screen resolution.
2. Click on the Make text and other items larger or smaller link near the bottom.
3. Click on Smaller - 100% (default) for the text size.
4. Click OK and your computer will ask you to restart. Click Yes.

For more information, please refer to the following help article that was created when the latest Mystery Case Files game was released:

Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst System Requirements

(scroll down to where it says 'Adjust the DPI')

We want you to be able to enjoy this game, so if that doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 11:01:17 AM PST

[Post New]by mijngard on Mar 18, 12 12:04 AM
dynabee wrote:In the grand hall stands a knight that is supposed to be holding a skull piece. there is nothing in his hands. Is this a glitch or what?

I am having the same problem. I am really enjoying this game but for some reason I cannot find that damn vase. Were you able to solve this issue?

Regards

Michelle

[Post New]by ondread on Mar 25, 12 7:40 PM
I'm having a problem with a "jerky screen" when I get to the Lost Garden & beyond. None of my other games do this, so it doesn't seem like it's a computer issue.

This is the 2nd time I've played this game and it's done it at this stage both times.

[Post New]by il_camerlengo on Apr 10, 12 5:25 PM
Certain parts of the game are just not working for me. On the first part with the gas meter, I could not get the cursor to change so that I could move the breaker number 3. 1 and 4 would move, but not 2 or 4. Now I am stuck on the part with the lever, and no matter what I do the lever will not go into the switch. I collected all the parts of the lever and even used the hint to see if I was doing something wrong. I checked the walkthrough and found that I was doing the right thing, the game will just not accept it. Not sure what to do next!!

[Post New]by il_camerlengo on Apr 10, 12 6:26 PM
ok I figured it out. I had to exit the game and start it again twice and the bug was gone. Hopefully this will be the only bug in an otherwise good game!

[Post New]by ScarlettJade on Apr 12, 12 10:04 AM
I'm in Scarecrow Alley. I have the 6/6 note fragments, and the ink remover. However, the note is incomplete and I cannot use the remover. My skip button has chains on it as if I'm missing something, and the note looks like half is missing. I've gone through the walk through and I've done everything correctly. Please don't tell me I have to start all this over or reinstall. This game has been frustrating, I want to finish it and be done.

JandNL
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Cannot Unlock Jar with Copper Key

[Post New]by JandNL on Jul 6, 12 5:09 PM
We have tried numerous times to unlock the jar with the ring using the copper key, but it always bounces off without doing that.

How can we resolve this?

Flossi24
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Flossi24 on Nov 27, 12 2:22 PM
I have recently bought this game. Installed fine gone to play it and it says I have to change my resolution. The thing is what do I change it to I own quite a lot of big fish games and they all play fine why is this one different. Or have I just wasted my money. Anyone please HELP !!

Go to: