jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Post any Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams technical issues here only

[Post New]by jramme on Feb 5, 12 10:43 AM
ivillagegrinch wrote:I bought the game, and just when you've solved the Detective part, it throws you back to the beginning of that part of the game...except that you have everything opened, discovered, fixed, etc. It's like the movie "Groundhog Day" except that you can't escape even when you've gotten everything done correctly.

Same for me. Can't go any further.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Feb 5, 12 10:52 AM
same for me... opened the safe, solved the crime in Chapter 2 and now I'm back to the beginning of chapter 2 by the tree.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Feb 5, 12 11:00 AM
Mimisix wrote:Chuckling here. KCErin quoted me with my misuse of through instead of threw. But I corrected it in my update.

Overall the game is kinda interesting. Certainly different and you don't get much help playing in hard mode.

Those pesky keyboards.

I solved the problem. Not elegantly, but it worked.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, then I started with a new profile. I let the scenes end without clicking the mouse. I got through the 2nd chapter with no problems - have started chapter 3.

[Post New]by mooneybfinch on Feb 5, 12 11:44 AM
jramme wrote:
ivillagegrinch wrote:I bought the game, and just when you've solved the Detective part, it throws you back to the beginning of that part of the game...except that you have everything opened, discovered, fixed, etc. It's like the movie "Groundhog Day" except that you can't escape even when you've gotten everything done correctly.

Same for me. Can't go any further.

I too am having the same problem.

tlhwest
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tlhwest on Feb 5, 12 1:49 PM
I'm having the same problem with Ch. 2; I went through the chapter, only to be kicked back to the beginning of the chapter. I sincerely hope the game's creators are working to fix all the bugs this game seems to have, and that an upgrade will be available soon.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 5, 12 2:01 PM
Wow, I didn't play these even when I was first starting out. This is an extremely simple game, more for children in game play, but not story. I did not like the fact that you had to go to the book before you could "figure" out what to do next. Graphics are very cartoony and simple as well, music annoying. As I said, game play more for children...story line? Don't know, couldn't get interested enough to keep playing after 13 minutes. Definitely no buy for me either. Thanks for the reviews.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 6, 12 2:29 AM
Same here . I finished the first chapter (I think it was anyway - it was after the show and she was sleeping ) and the game froze. I got out and went back in and it wouldn't let me continue. It wanted me to start from the beginning . Even when I clicked on continue. That's alright. Didn't like the game too much anyways!

HeyGinny
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by HeyGinny on Feb 6, 12 3:39 AM
fnlalesi wrote:Finally finished the second chapter, only to have it go back to the beginning of that chapter, and half the things I need to complete it are no longer available (HO scenes already played, but no longer have the items I need from them). What a waste of time and money

Same problem here!!! Any fixes yet?

gardner6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gardner6 on Feb 6, 12 5:17 AM
Same problem here as well,finished with the safe and then get thrown back to the beginning.

ykempy
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ykempy on Feb 6, 12 5:51 AM
Me too.

[Post New]by annesgran on Feb 6, 12 9:05 AM
After chapter 2 I got kicked back too so I started a new game and got to chapter 3 (by not trying to skip any dialog) but I had to stop at the start of chapter 3 and now when I go back nothing happens! Hope this can be fixed without having to never stop playing til I finish...and having to start over for the 3rd time!

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Feb 6, 12 3:26 PM
Game started up. Went to input my name and voila....frozen. had to ctrl alt delete
to get out. ...Totally DOA.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Feb 6, 12 5:41 PM
Having the same problem a lot of others posted about. I didn't have any problems with the game until the end of chapter 2. Even allowed all the scenes to play through as another psoter recommended. No go. The minute I clicked on the "top secret" file, I was thrown back to the beginning of chapter 2 with no way to collect the necessary items again.

[Post New]by katelouisa67 on Feb 6, 12 7:33 PM
mine completely fails to open - it looks as though it is going to - a black window appears - and then it reduces down to a name on the task bar which will not open. On opening the task manager the game looks to be running and when it goes back to the Game Manager I am losing time. Also had the same problem with Atlantic Journey

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 7, 12 10:54 AM
Also access error. Not going to do the tech song and dance when ir seems the problems stem from the game and not our computers.

What it needs is a fix.

Don't think it will get one though as It's just not a big enough market grabber.

mcfr
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by mcfr on Feb 7, 12 10:29 PM
hi, I finished the game and try to play it again; when arrived in the room with five doors, hint suggest me that I'm supposed to click on the book, i tried do do it but it is no possible. So, I unistalled the game and then I reinstalled it, but the problem persist: what have I to do? Thank You! Bye

[Post New]by whelanl2000 on Feb 9, 12 7:02 AM
Yet another Chapter 2 restart complaint. I will try starting the game over with no cutscene skipping to see if that works, but based on the comments in this forum, that may only get me a little further through the game. Add me to the list of people waiting impatiently for a fix. I really like the game and I'd like to be able to finish it someday.

[Post New]by peatpee on Feb 10, 12 3:24 AM
whelanl2000 wrote:Yet another Chapter 2 restart complaint. I will try starting the game over with no cutscene skipping to see if that works, but based on the comments in this forum, that may only get me a little further through the game. Add me to the list of people waiting impatiently for a fix. I really like the game and I'd like to be able to finish it someday.

Me too! How many complaints does it take for BFG to actually even answer them yet alone post a fix!?!

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Feb 10, 12 4:08 PM
KCErin wrote:
Mimisix wrote:I am having the same problem as Akaabbey and a couple of others on here. Finished the 2nd chapter and when I cracked the safe it through me back to the same chapter, however, minus the items needed to complete it. I don't want to have to play the 2nd chapter over again. I'll try uninstall and install and see if that works.

Same here. I was enjoying the game; sorry to have this glitch. BTW: I never got to the point where I fixed the scenery for the ballerina. Wonder if that was an omen.

I see quite a few people are having this problem, myself included. I hope a "FIX" comes soon. If not, I'm going to ask for my money back!

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Feb 10, 12 4:08 PM
KCErin wrote:
Mimisix wrote:I am having the same problem as Akaabbey and a couple of others on here. Finished the 2nd chapter and when I cracked the safe it through me back to the same chapter, however, minus the items needed to complete it. I don't want to have to play the 2nd chapter over again. I'll try uninstall and install and see if that works.

Same here. I was enjoying the game; sorry to have this glitch. BTW: I never got to the point where I fixed the scenery for the ballerina. Wonder if that was an omen.

I see quite a few people are having this problem, myself included. I hope a "FIX" comes soon. If not, I'm going to ask for my money back!

Go to: