kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:Reviews for Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams

[Post New]by kathey12 on Feb 5, 12 10:05 AM
Cute and charming game!
Finished the game and thought it was fun.
Thanks!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 5, 12 10:39 AM
Didn't like this at all. Couldn't find half of the objects and had to use the hint and that took too long to reload. Not a great game..

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Feb 5, 12 10:40 AM
Not for me. The story is confusing. I'm in the dressing room, I need to go on stage, find the key to get out, oops, I need to get dressed, lost the key in the 10 seconds it took to walk out the door, etc. Also problems with the HOS labels: cylinder is apparently a hat, a pin turns out to be a comb and everything is too dark. The hint is up such a short time you miss it if you don't already know where to look. Life is too short and there are too many other great games to waste time here. Happy gaming!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 5, 12 12:13 PM
Played most of demo and I don't believe it is a bad game but I am waiting for Book of Desires which I beta'd (or whatever) in Nov. This one is very colorful and it a way unique but I think I will pass.

[Post New]by sarasem on Feb 5, 12 12:31 PM
Kicked me out of Chapter 2 also.

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Feb 5, 12 1:33 PM
I thought this would be a nice break from all the dark games but after 30 min of play, I just couldn't play anymore. There were too many parts that were just annoying. The premise of a young boy being introduced to some of the people in his family sounded appealing. The first one is a ballerina who is afraid of critters. But after you help her, they disappear. (Sure wish that happened in real life.) I tried using a hint to find a light bulb, but since it was dark, I couldn't see the location. In one HOG scene I had to find a cylinder which was actually a top hat and a pin which was actually a hair comb. So are we supposed to just click on everything in hopes of finding the right object?

Sorry, no buy much as I wanted a lighter-themed game.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Feb 5, 12 4:47 PM
Cute game, with nice graphics, the story is funny, a lot of things to do, no bad at all, I enjoyed the demo.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Feb 5, 12 7:34 PM
It's a very cute game--I love the graphics--but a no go for me. The translation problems are terrible. I had to use hints to find two "pins" that turned out to be a brooch and a hair comb. That never bodes well.

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Feb 5, 12 7:38 PM
It seems like a cute game and I'd love to finish the trial, but it won't let me! I did the HOS and got the lamp, but it boots me back out of the dressing room before I can light it up. I tried quitting and going back in with no luck. Looks like a no-buy for me.

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Feb 6, 12 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thank you for your reviews so far! I just wanted to pop in and remind you to reserve this thread for reviews only.

If you're experiencing any technical issues with this game, please let us know by posting in the 'Tech Issues' thread and/or by contacting Tech Support.

The moderation team will go ahead and edit posts not directly related to reviews on this game after this reminder.

Thanks!
bfgKenai

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 6, 12 2:36 AM
Not impressed by this game at all. The gameplay was easy enough. But I found the game boring after awhile. Then I got to the end of one section and it froze up on me . I got out and went back in to continue and it started all over from the beginning. The graphics were kind of cartoonish and the HOS were like junkpiles. The music was okay. I would rate this a 4 out of 10 .

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Feb 6, 12 5:41 AM
The graphics in this game is great! But all this is that it likes. Storyline is boring, the gameplay is also boring. Disappointed in the game!

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Feb 6, 12 9:53 AM
I lasted on this for 21 minutes before I gave up. Many of the items were too small to see and I found the hint button useless. For example when I was trying to get an idea of what to use to get rid of the spider, it kept showing me the spider. Thanks for nothing!Also I really didn't get the point of the whole thing. It seemed you were just plopped in the middle of a story with no idea how you got there.

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on Feb 6, 12 4:44 PM
I was not overly impressed with this game either. Definitely a no buy for me. I can understand why there is a separate thread for technical issues, however I think it's important to have them included in the reviews thread as well. Most people will only look at the reviews and if any of them mention technical issues, other players should know about them. Those issues can influence whether or not a member will purchase the game.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 6, 12 4:53 PM
I liked this game well enough to use a pc credit on it. I love the bright colors and play with the speakers off. My biggest issue is the language problem. I had to use a hint to find a roulette (tape measure) and a loop (hinge). I played the first part several days ago so don't remember if I had any problems like that in the first chapter. I discovered the hint disappears very quickly so I blur my eyes out to take in the entire screen when I click the button so my eyes will go to the quick flash area.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Feb 6, 12 5:51 PM
I thought this was an adorable game. Quite refreshing from the same old hidden object games that have us fighting some sort of evil in a dark place. I played in expert mode with no hints except in the hidden object scenes. I didn't find the objects too difficult to find although there was usually one that tended to blend in a little too well with its surrounding.

I thought the storyline was really interesting. A chance to go back and change the one thing that apparently ruined the careers of family members. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do that in real life? My daughter is a ballerina so maybe I found the first chapter more interesting than others because of this. Also, I didn't think the attitude of the ballerina was overly "diva". Maybe I've just been around some real attitudes in the ballet world so I wasn't surprised.

I finished the first chapter demo with 22 minutes, but I found the game so enjoyable that I purchased it. The scenes were cute and enjoyable. Not too cartoonish for me. The background music was enjoyable. The only problem is that once I got to the end of chapter 2, the game bounced me back to the beginning without a way to pick up necessary items again. hopefully this will be fixed as it seems there are quite a few people in the technical thread that are having the same problem. I highly recommend the game, but only after the snafu in chapter 2 is repaired.

pamipets
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by pamipets on Feb 12, 12 4:23 AM
Stone a mouse to death? devs ought to be ashamed. thats just despicable. sending out a msg. of animal abuse because it's "only a mouse".

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Feb 15, 12 4:50 PM
The graphics are fine, but the game play is boring, to spend so long getting ready to go on stage, its so boring, and there's too much dialogue in regards to talking about what to do.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 20, 12 10:05 AM
just couldn't get into this one...didn't like the graphics, didn't like the music, and *really* didn't like the high-anxiety, high maintenance first character... have enough of that in my day to day - would prefer something i could escape with...

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 28, 12 4:08 AM
Finally, I have finished this. Not an enjoyable experience. I will always remember these devs and always be wary of anything they produce in the future. This game was a nightmare from the start.

After waiting weeks for the WT, the game showed that serious fault we all experienced. Then we waited more weeks for them to fix it.

Everyone proceeded, except me. My game froze in 3rd dream and wouldn't budge. I had to start a new profile and do it all over for the umpteenth time.

Now it's over and I never want to see this game again.

I cannot compliment this game on any level, because the above aside, it just wasn't very good. Amateurish at best and extremely short. Though, the latter turned out to be a plus for me as I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Have to buck up devs. If you're going to succeed in this industry, that was not nearly good enough. Perhaps a little further training might help. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Go to: