PinguC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Welcome to Wild West Quest 2 forum

[Post New]by PinguC on Jan 26, 09 6:34 PM
I keep getting an Application Error, the game won't start, and I am already down to 50 minutes without even seeing the game.

The instruction at "0x77c472e3" referenced memory at '0x747223f4' the memory could not be written.

and

Exception EOS Error in module wildwestquest2.exe at 00010D46 System Error Code 1400. Invalid window handle.

What can I do?

Grnmeadow
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Grnmeadow on Jan 27, 09 8:25 AM
Ditto for me also on the hints. I have written to BF and still, after 4 days, haven't heard from them. If anyone wants to talk to live chat and wait, maybe that person can tell them to read these complaints. I think there are programmers out there that are rushing these games out and do not fully test them. BF has always been fair to me on getting a game credit, but the problem is getting to talk to them. I am very unhappy with this game. I think it could be a lot of fun, but it is just frustrating.

Cynkee
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Cynkee on Jan 27, 09 8:33 AM
cnicolls wrote:
Cynkee wrote:
mdcrab13 wrote:I am having the same problem as everyone else and this makes the game even harder! I am trying to collect 20 keys to rescue sasssy sally and can only find nineteen of them and have replayed this 6 times now. Making it not so fun! I have gathered 37 stars and have no hints showing up. Please help with this matter. Thank you!

I noticed my hints weren't working, either, and I'm stuck at the keys, as well. I find 19, 19, 19, but no 20th! Argh!

Cynkee....I managed to muddle my way through to the keys, as well, even though it took (somethimes) 6 visits to a "find the differences" level before I found the last one. But I am in the same boat as youa re, now. I have visited that KEY page more than 6 times now, restarted, and done a lot of swearing under my breath. I cannot find that last key.

I am wondering if, with all the other programming oversights in this game....maybe it isn't there.

If we ever get a fix that gives us back the hint button, maybe we will find out.

BTW....I sent a complaint to BF Tech Support. That was 3 days ago....no answer, as of today. I read in another thread that the wait time is up to 5 days. THAT is not encouraging.

I'm kinda surprised - I've had good luck with tech support in the past. Hmmm...

mysteryne1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by mysteryne1 on Jan 27, 09 11:19 PM
Add me to the list of no hints! Any patch or fix out there?? I'll check the game mnfg site!

Edited on 01/27/2009 at 11:19:59 PM PST

mysteryne1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by mysteryne1 on Jan 27, 09 11:42 PM
I just e-mailed a note to Anarchy Games to find out if they have a patch! I'll post their reply!!

mysteryne1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by mysteryne1 on Jan 27, 09 11:49 PM
Eureka!!! I have a hint bar!! I persevered and just kept hitting the "Restart this Level" over and over for the Dining Room scene. It took a few times but it appeared!

mysteryne1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by mysteryne1 on Jan 28, 09 12:46 AM
False Alarm!!!!! It only worked in the dining room scenes to keep hitting restart level!! Now I'm stuck on a stage coach!!

magner675
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by magner675 on Jan 28, 09 10:43 AM
hI i had the same thing happen with the hints. What I did is restart the game and delete the player I was under and start under a new name. It worked for me then. Now however, I am at level46 and there are things that you have to find that don't show on the screen, this has happened to me twice. Both times on the last item, it ends up being in lala land. Couldn't find it anywhere. Anyone else with this problem.

[Post New]by nanalevon on Jan 28, 09 10:55 AM
I was going to buy this game but I have changed my mind after reading these!

[Post New]by cathadhaka on Jan 31, 09 9:11 AM
Same here! no hints and very annoyed! hope the amount of posts will encourage BF to propose a solution! (credit back or game update!
Take care

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 31, 09 9:48 AM
Hey...Don't give up. Tech Support helped me get the game working! It was my computer, not the game. Tech was great..but remember you have to email them to get help. That is why there were no messages in the forum from BFG about a glitch. There is no glitch in the game, it's in our computers (apparently only a few of us). BFG tested the game, and they will get it working for you! Just email or call Tech Support! Thanks BFG Techies
Abby

cnicolls
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by cnicolls on Jan 31, 09 10:53 AM
Well,

I am finished with my tech support help, and I was one of the ones who could not get the game to give me my hint button back. But....I DID actually finish without it. WOOT!

In my emails back and forth to TS, Nicholas, my support person, mentioned that they did not have very many notices from clients regarding this game.

Listen y'all....if you are having problems and you want BF to work out the kinks for you, they NEED information!!! Contact them via the button on the lower left of this page. Include a directX diagnostic and send it to them with your email as an attachment.

If you've tried all the other fixes mentioned in here and your game doesn't work....talk to them. They can't work out a patch until they know the problem.

BTW....do get a DirectX diagnostic log.....alll you have to do is go to... START MENU--RUN type in DXDIAG and hit ENTER. Click the button on the bottom of the box that says SAVE ALL INFORMATION. Save it to your desktop. Attach this file when you email BF.

Go for it! My folks always taught us that you don't have any right to bi**ch about a problem if you aren't going to be part of the solution.

We can help, here. Let's do it.

[Post New]by LoomTheElf on Feb 1, 09 12:24 AM

This game is very buggy. I have received memory exception errors. Now the hints have disappeared although I have collected them all. And now I'm stuck on a hidden object screen. It's the scene that looks like a mission and gives you outlines to find. I have clicked on every pixel in the scene (including the sky) three times and the item just isn't there. Without using a hint, I am at an impass.

It's the wedding scene.

Here's a screencap:

http://www.justmorejunk.com/MiscFiles/WildWest2.jpg

I was able to restart the level until I finally didn't get that symbol, which appears to be a sombrero. I still have no hints. Note the messed up lower right side of the screen where the hints should be.

In a prior scene (a ball-room-type room), two of the items on the screen placed themselves over the list of items to be found, so I had to just click the screen until I found them all, seeing as how I had no idea what I was looking for.

I'd really like my money back on this one.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 1, 09 2:46 PM
Loom..please read what cnicholls and I both wrote directly before your post here. Contact Tech Support. They will help you...seriously!! There are only a few of us who have some kind of different computer setups that don't let the hints part of the game work. They helped both of us, and I'm sure they can help you. Just email Tech Support. They can't help you until you send them the dxdiag report and links to download certain things. They will guide you through it step by step in their email back to you. Happy Gaming..and don't give up. Fishy Hugs, Abby

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Feb 1, 09 9:24 PM
cnicolls wrote:
Cynkee wrote:
mdcrab13 wrote:I am having the same problem as everyone else and this makes the game even harder! I am trying to collect 20 keys to rescue sasssy sally and can only find nineteen of them and have replayed this 6 times now. Making it not so fun! I have gathered 37 stars and have no hints showing up. Please help with this matter. Thank you!

I noticed my hints weren't working, either, and I'm stuck at the keys, as well. I find 19, 19, 19, but no 20th! Argh!

Cynkee....I managed to muddle my way through to the keys, as well, even though it took (somethimes) 6 visits to a "find the differences" level before I found the last one. But I am in the same boat as youa re, now. I have visited that KEY page more than 6 times now, restarted, and done a lot of swearing under my breath. I cannot find that last key.

I am wondering if, with all the other programming oversights in this game....maybe it isn't there.

If we ever get a fix that gives us back the hint button, maybe we will find out.

BTW....I sent a complaint to BF Tech Support. That was 3 days ago....no answer, as of today. I read in another thread that the wait time is up to 5 days. THAT is not encouraging.

Cynkee
I found the 20th key in the top right hand corner on the lantern.
Hope this helps

[Post New]by mayouch on Feb 2, 09 6:11 PM
Well it seems everyone is having some sort of problem ! I have downloaded this game several times, and my computer deletes it right after it finishes warning of a virus !!! Anyone faced anything similar ?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Feb 6, 09 9:22 AM
I just wrote to Tech Support and sent my DxDiag, but I really don't want to wait 5 days for a solution to the "no hints" problem if I can help it. I tried to do a live chat, but even though it is well within the times for that, the session closes immediately and says that I am outside the normal hours for Live Chat.

It looks like there are more than just a few people having the no hints problem, so could someone who has gotten help from Tech Support post the solution that they used to fix it on their computer? Maybe the "few" that are having the same problem can use the same solution without waiting for Tech to get back to us.

I was doing pretty good with no hints until I got to the "find the differences" with Ms. Strawberry, and now I'm stuck finding that 20th difference.

Thanks,
Julie S

[Post New]by minnie391 on Feb 8, 09 10:10 AM
Hi folks. Add me to the list of missing hints. I did get mine back after having over 60 of them that wouldn't work. I clicked on Journal, and just kept going back for I don't remember how many levels, then hit Resume, and my hints came back and are still working after several more levels. I am also stuck now on the wedding level, with the same silhoutte (had to look that one up in my dictionary) as the rest of you. Using my hints, it also shows something glowing off the left side of the screen. I was able to find all 20 keys on the other one without hints by using a magnifying glass. They really are all there. If anyone gets an answer about the missing "sombrero" please post it.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Feb 11, 09 5:41 AM
I got my reply from Tech Support, and the tech gave me the link to update my video card driver so my hints no longer disappear. However, the items not on the screen are still an issue. I sent the following reply to the tech. If you are also having the same issues, PLEASE contact tech support and report the problem.

"Thank you for the information. Updating the video card driver appears to have solved the missing hints problem, but it has proved another problem that has been mentioned on the Forum at Big Fish Games for Wild West Quest 2.

On "The Wedding" Chapter 46 (page 48 in the Journal) several of us have had trouble finding some of the items, and those that were lucky enough to have hints sometimes saw the glimmer of the hint twinkle off to the left side of the screen, and "solved" the problem by just restarting the level until all the items listed at the bottom were in the picture. Those of us without hints just thought we couldn't find the items.

Once my hints were restored, I had to restart that level at least a dozen times because items in the list were not in the picture. Sometimes I would get a hint twinkle off the left side of the screen, sometimes it would give me the chime sound showing the hint was being revealed but the object was so far off the screen that even the edge of the twinkle didn't show.

The items I have identified as being off-screen are: sombrero, hacksaw, scissors, and two silhouettes I can't identify: one looks like a long rod with a small bunch at the top and a thicker area along the bottom like a skinny lumpy screwdriver, and the other looks like it could be a monolith or statue.

I was finally able to get past that chapter by restarting the level repeatedly, but I would like to know if there is a patch for this problem of if another solution is available.

Thank you"

Julie S.

kiminee
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by kiminee on Mar 2, 09 8:39 AM
Debbie387 wrote:I found the 20th key in the top right hand corner on the lantern.
Hope this helps

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DEBBIE!!

Go to: