dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Cinderstone Orphanage CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Feb 9, 12 9:13 PM
Got a glitch on the Machine game near the end - connect fireball to light via "elements" I pick one piece up and it won't let me put it down anywhere. Won't let me exit gracefully from the game, had to alt del , log off, came back to same problem. Haven't had problems up til now. (at least it saved my game and knew me!)

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Post any The Agency of Anomalies: Cinderstone Orphanage CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Feb 9, 12 10:38 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:So far I have not had the trouble the rest of you are having I have a different problem. I have exited the tree house and am supposed to pick up special papers and they are not there. I need them to be able to use the plaque pieces I have. The game won't let me zoom in on the plaque to place the 3 pieces. So, I am stuck and cannot get the last overlay piece for the machine room. This is so frustrating to be this far along in the game and cannot finish because of a "glitch".

I had the same problem, then tried going back to make sure I've done all I was supposed to to up to this point. I had already obtained the special papers long ago, but realized I had not used the spray cleaner/rag yet. Once I used that on the picture hanging on the wall, I was then able to access the zoom area of the plaque and place the pieces i had gathered, and then move on with the mini-game/puzzle.
Up until using those 'picture cleaning items', I was unable to access the plaque. Perhaps there is something you haven't done yet that is preventing this area from opening.
Good luck.

[Post New]by hawkitty on Feb 9, 12 11:40 PM
Glitch trying to draw the vase. I put the pencil down before finding the paper. Now the game wont let me use the pencil to draw with. It keeps telling me if I find paper and something to draw with then I can draw a vase. I already have them both. Also, I found the box key for the same room and it wont let me use it.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 10, 12 3:56 AM
I was having the same problem with saving. So I did the administrator on the GM. Then went into properties and compatibility. Checked the box on the bottom(Privilege Level). Went back into game and did a new profile. It is now saving for me.

Edited on 02/10/2012 at 4:30:31 AM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Feb 10, 12 4:10 AM
prchalpn wrote:I was having the same problem with saving. So I did the administrator on the GM. Then went into properties and compatibility. Checked the box on the bottom(Privilege Level). Went back into game and did a new pofile. It is now saving for me.

Sounds great prchalpn,
......but you lost me when you mentioned the administrator in the GM. I'm probably being a bit thick need another cup of coffee to get the old brain cells working!

Could you explain what you did, exactly, please, as I really like the look of this game & it's driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance,

Jenny.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 10, 12 4:20 AM
Here is the link in the help section I followed. Let me know if you need more help.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/266

lilweet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lilweet on Feb 10, 12 4:32 AM
Does not save my game I cant start over every time I leave the game !!!!!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 10, 12 4:37 AM
lilweet, did you do the steps in the help section i posted? This worked for me.
I know it gets very frustrating when you play and have to keep starting over. If it didn't work then be sure to let BF know so they can get a fix for it. Nothing worse than buying a game and not being able to play.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Feb 10, 12 4:42 AM
Wow prchalpn, that was fast,

I've right clicked on the BF icon on my desk top & entered myself as administrator (& used my password) ...let's hope this will solve the problem.

I'll keep you & anyone else that's reading this updated.....Thanks again

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 10, 12 4:43 AM
tribrach wrote:Wow prchalpn, that was fast,

I've right clicked on the BF icon on my desk top & entered myself as administrator (& used my password) ...let's hope this will solve the problem.

*keeps fingers crossed* Good luck!!

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Feb 10, 12 5:40 AM
tribrach wrote:Wow prchalpn, that was fast,

Sorry prchalpn, you can uncross your fingers now (tried holding my coffee cup with crossed fingers while my deleted game reinstalled....very inconvenient...& dangerous

Checked to make sure that I was still the administrator....nope! reverted to my husband's name...so put in my name again....&, after uncrossing fingers, pressed play.

I only played for a couple of minutes, closed the game from the menu, checked that I was still "administrator".....well, to cut a long story short.... I'd disappeared AGAIN.

Thanks for trying to help the helpless (namely me) but I guess I now have to wait to hear from the Tech. guys....fingers REcrossed.

Happy gaming prchalpn

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on Feb 10, 12 8:12 AM
Almost near the end, and had to exit game.
When I came back, NO SAVED GAME PROGRESS UNDER PROFILE.
I hope there is a FIX soon!!
Great Game by the way.
Thanks!
Kathey

krmaples
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by krmaples on Feb 10, 12 8:40 AM
First time this has ever happened to me tried the administrator fix no luck here will be using the green envelope for the disappearing profile. Have done all the usual fixes but to no avail. I just would like to finish what has been a nice game.

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on Feb 10, 12 1:06 PM
Same problem as most here. The game does not save when you exit. Therefore, all gameplay and profile are lost. Definitely want my money back if there is no fix!

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Feb 10, 12 1:49 PM
This game appears to be FULL of glitches. Should have been properly tested before release at CE prices!!! I am NOT a happy camper!!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Feb 10, 12 1:50 PM
I played the game through and was trying to play under a different profile & when I went to do HO for the scapel there was no HO. I then tried it under the profile of the game I finished & I did the same thing.

I am uninstalling the game and then reloading will let you know if that helps. Well I am back and the reloading did not work.

There are too many problems with this game. How about fixing them ASAP with this many people complaining it's not goot for your image.

Edited on 02/10/2012 at 2:26:27 PM PST

kahlan1227
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan1227 on Feb 10, 12 1:52 PM
Guest syndrome here, too. Played demo. Started over after purchase. Played some hours, then when I came back it was gone again. This does NOT make me happy. I paid CE price and I can't play the game. better be a fix or some money back.

Joanken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Joanken on Feb 10, 12 6:26 PM
Well, add me to the list of no saved gamers.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Feb 10, 12 6:38 PM
My games are not saving either - I have written to customer service - I hope there is a fix for this soon!!

[Post New]by tracy131313 on Feb 10, 12 7:11 PM
love game but when I log out and back in my game doesn't save and I must start over.

Go to: