burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

The clock is NOT working for me

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 19, 12 3:04 PM
etiels wrote:I've set it to 10:20 over and over and over - and it will not work
I'm so frustrated

Did you ever "find" the clue that tells you that the time should be 10:20? If you just read here or in the SG that the time is 10:20 and try to use it, it won't work. Your character in the game must find and click on the clue so it's written in the journal before it will work.

Also, the clock is missing the minute hand. You have to find that before you can set the time. There are two hands on the clock when you first look at it, but the larger one is the hour hand and the little black one is the second hand. You can move the second hand all day long and it won't help you set the time.

Re:Post any Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by etiels on Feb 20, 12 1:59 PM
I missed the clue - got it - thankyou

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

Re:Post any Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ark161 on Feb 20, 12 2:16 PM
when i click on the guide and then a picture the picture is a lot small than the screen please fix if you dont understand, reply. Thanks for listening ark161

ankh7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ankh7 on Feb 20, 12 5:23 PM
I am in the sewing room and the clue keeps going to the sewing table and says this looks like it is used for cutting table(but nothing happens)...was able to pick up 1/2 scissors from fountain but unable to pick up other 1/2 scissors.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 20, 12 5:48 PM
ankh7 wrote:I am in the sewing room and the clue keeps going to the sewing table and says this looks like it is used for cutting table(but nothing happens)...was able to pick up 1/2 scissors from fountain but unable to pick up other 1/2 scissors.
Not really a technical issue

Put the half of scissors together with the other half on the nightstand. Then fix them together with a bolt - you can find the bolt on the sink in the kitchen.

You need to put a cloth on the cutting table - I think you can find it in a H0S at the top of the stairs.

ankh7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ankh7 on Feb 20, 12 6:03 PM
Thank you

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Feb 22, 12 2:34 PM
This game doesnt run on Windows 7 (not even in compatability mode.). I have tried this on 3 different 7 machines and it doesnt work on any of them so I know its a game issue.

Any way we can get a version that does?

Edited on 02/22/2012 at 2:38:57 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 22, 12 7:44 PM
Sorry you're having problems. I played it through without any issues at all on my Windows 7 PC (64-bit Home Premium edition - Service Pack 1).

Have you tried the usual? Uninstalling/reinstalling both the game & the BFG game manager? Updating Windows, Flash, DirectX, Shockwave, your graphics card drivers, etc.? If you've done those things, try contacting BFG customer support and they will work with you to get the game up and running for you.

Also, Does it do exactly the same thing on all three PC's? Are they the same type of PC or completely different makes? Are you getting an error message? Does the game never even start up? Does it lock up while playing? If you get a black screen with a cursor and frame, but not picture, it's usually a Flash player issue.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Feb 25, 12 8:10 PM
ark161 wrote:when i click on the guide and then a picture the picture is a lot small than the screen please fix if you dont understand, reply. Thanks for listening ark161

I'm having the same problem - tiny pictures appear when I click on the thumbnails in the Strategy Guide. It's no help at all, and I really need help on this one. I hate to miss out on the bonuses, but I may have to wait for the SE and walkthrough on this one. Very disappointing.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Feb 28, 12 12:53 PM
I'm in the kitchen and close up on the sink. Got the bolt and it said to use the brush on the faucet and take the star. It just keeps telling me that it won't work there! Help!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 28, 12 9:33 PM
Tam5115 wrote:I'm in the kitchen and close up on the sink. Got the bolt and it said to use the brush on the faucet and take the star. It just keeps telling me that it won't work there! Help!

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*
You probably have two brushes in your inventory by now, a brush and a paintbrush. I assume you're trying to use the right one, but I'm mentioning it just in case. You want the regular brush that you got in the HOS in the candy store.

If you are trying to use the correct brush, then keep trying to click it on different parts of the faucet and sink. Some of the tasks were sort of a pixel hunt in this game.

[Post New]by molly05 on Mar 7, 12 11:37 AM
I have completed the game 3 times and can't unlock bonus game. have also uninstalled game and reinstalled game with no improvement

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 10, 12 12:53 PM
molly05 wrote:I have completed the game 3 times and can't unlock bonus game. have also uninstalled game and reinstalled game with no improvement

What happens when you click on the "BONUS" door on the main menu? If you get to the next screen and click on the extra gameplay, what message do you get? Is there a chain and lock across it, or does it just not start?

You might want to try uninstalling both the game and the BFG game manager. Then reboot and redownload the game (don't use a saved download). The game manager will reinstall itself when you install the game.

Also, if you haven't already, try updating your Flash player and DirectX. If those don't help, then I'd try contacting BFG customer service. They can walk you through other things that might help.

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Crashing

[Post New]by phizz on Apr 20, 12 2:01 PM
I'm on the latest Mac software. I hit "play" and it starts to load, then crashes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, with no success.

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Apr 20, 12 9:46 PM
I'm playing the Mac version. When I get to the attic and place all three books on the shelf, and click on a book to open it, I can't get out.

I've tried closing and reopening the game and it doesn't help.

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Apr 21, 12 8:39 PM
purplecat8 wrote:I'm playing the Mac version. When I get to the attic and place all three books on the shelf, and click on a book to open it, I can't get out.

I've tried closing and reopening the game and it doesn't help.

I eventually shut down my machine, did a safe reboot, and was eventually able to get out. I finished the game with no more problems.

[Post New]by tweetsyshreya on Apr 3, 13 3:23 PM
Hi, I am stuck at the end and want some help. I need the crowbar to make the wall fall in the cave. I had the crowbar for rest of the game and now its not there in the inventory. In fact i have a screwdriver, which i think i shud not have looking at the walkthrough i have completed all the tasks done by screwdriver. Is there a place i get the crowbar again for the wall to fall or how do i do it. I am at the end of the game and stuck. And ya my help button has stopped working now, so really sont know what to do.

Edited on 04/03/2013 at 3:30:26 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 3, 13 5:22 PM
Hi tweetsyshreya,

I checked the walkthrough and it does look like the same crowbar should be used through the whole game.

First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game; this will sometimes get things straightened out with Inventory items. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, then it would be best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on and work with you directly. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: