ROBINSON CRUSOE

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

Re:ROBINSON CRUSOE

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 24, 09 2:40 AM
Just done that, the dog is alright, no injuries!!!!!

[Post New]by starlightsaffron on Jan 24, 09 2:52 AM
ughhh I am stuck with a broken egg, found a spearhead but can't seem to do anything with it or find anything else that may help. Poor Teresa!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 24, 09 2:59 AM
I was stuck there too! You dig in the sand with it. Does anyone know how long the game lasts? I read there are 6 chapters. I loved the demo - sounds and graphics beautiful. And I agree: a quirky fun game. But I was so disappointed with the length of Haunted Hotel Believe the Lies. Don't want to waste another precious credit!

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 24, 09 3:19 AM
looloo123 wrote:i uninstalled and reinstalled , same thing again, 3rd game this week and tech support says my puters just fine.
so frustrated,i really wanted to play this game too

hi looloo ~ i had similar prob, click to play got windowed blackscreen, but minutes didn't deduct for gameplay like they did for you

this seems too simple a solution, but sometimes they are! i rebooted puter reclaimed lost bits and pieces of memory i assume, tried again and game loaded just fine, only went as far as setting my options and player name and exited have to wait til later to play but i expect it will run fine now

give it a try if you don't reboot regular (only once every couple of weeks here so that might not be a fix for you but ya never know!)

wouldn't it be nice if all probs were that easy to solve

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 24, 09 3:19 AM
One of the best HO games I played. The relaxed mode is enjoyable, and you can play it over and over. Usually, the puzzles are the same (and quite easy), with random change of the objects to find - but you have the option to restart the chapter, if you are stucked.
Already bought it... .

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Jan 24, 09 4:07 AM
Enjoying it but how the heck do I get the worm on the rope to make the fishing rod

mistybig
Clownfish
Clownfish
663 Posts

[Post New]by mistybig on Jan 24, 09 4:13 AM
Downloading now, can't wait to play it. It sounds great.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 4:30 AM
Yes!!!!!!!

I beta tested this one right before Christmas, and it was fantastic then. Wheeeeeeeeee!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jan 24, 09 4:30 AM
grumbler wrote:Enjoying it but how the heck do I get the worm on the rope to make the fishing rod

I put the rope on the fishing line, and then the hook, and clicked on the worm and he went into the inventory, so I then put him on the hook.

grumbler
Marlin
Marlin
9,065 Posts

[Post New]by grumbler on Jan 24, 09 4:36 AM
Thanks Anniejo will go back and have another look I didn't find a hook so guess that is my next mission

swims off to look for a hook

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jan 24, 09 6:45 AM
Anyone figure out the wheel door and the jewels that make it turn? Driving me batty!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 6:48 AM
I did. You are trying to make an image of a person in a feathery headress sitting cross legged. Take the jewel OUT of the center. The symbols next to each jewel tell you how far it will rotate, but I found it easier to just start from the center out and try different jewels in the ring until it was aligned correctly. The very center doesn't have any jewel in the solution if I remember correctly.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jan 24, 09 6:51 AM
Thanks lord. Does the figure go 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock (up and down) or sideways?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 24, 09 6:58 AM
guylee1 wrote:Thanks lord. Does the figure go 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock (up and down) or sideways?

12 to 6, Heads Up!

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jan 24, 09 7:00 AM
Thanks! I'll go try it again.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 24, 09 7:00 AM
This is a wonderful game! Has some similarities to Sleepy Hollow. I am playing Relaxed Mode and am just enjoying. I like the way you get extra Hints and I like that you have plenty of them to start with.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Jan 24, 09 7:04 AM
cherbtoo wrote: MagicIndie Softworks for providing us with a game that satisfys the Hare type gamers (Timed Mode) and the Tortoise type gamers (Relaxed Mode). I also like the fact that you can find an extra hint in each scene. Now if only I could get the match to ignite the dynamite so I could break the dog out of the jail I would be "leaping about ecstatically" just like a Salmon! LOL.

Put the match on the lantern and then go straight over to the dynamite

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Jan 24, 09 7:07 AM
I just finished the 1 hour demo and started chapter 3 ... since there are apparently 6 chapters, I don't know if it's worth buying, seems short to me

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 09 7:10 AM
Kudos to the developers! IMO this is even better than Sleepy Hollow. Of course it's a HOG + adventure, not just HO and minigames.

Most of the scenes have one or two items that are really fiendish, but you can win an extra hint in each scene too. I haven't spotted all of the extra hints but they are not always obvious and it's a really good feeling when I do spot them.

And I thank them for changing the color of the chess piece that was hiding in the dark cupboard from black (invisible in the shadow) to brown.

I haven't noticed yet whether the items are randomized when you play a second time. Going by my memories from the beta test in December, I think that the items are at least mostly the same (because I do remember being asked to find quite a few of the items), but the minigames appear to be randomized at least.

[Post New]by sooz5555 on Jan 24, 09 7:14 AM
First post. Hope I'm in the right place. I play lots of games and usually need some help. I've found walk thurs for many. Haven't yet looked for Crusoe, so.....just starting and can't find firewood. Found match, and assume when firewood is lit, dynamite will blow out wall and I can get keys from dog.........? Any help welcome.

Go to: