harfangs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse technical issues here only

[Post New]by harfangs on Mar 18, 12 6:37 AM
Hi there I bought this game as I tried it but BIG problem when I arrive in the dining room , if I want to go to the door on thre left (when I put the awl in the key hole) it's fine until I click on door handle and there the game stops and quit . I tried to play again and always the same ting , thanks for help

tomjard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tomjard on Mar 18, 12 8:52 AM
I was going to buy this game but I had the same problem at the door after I opened it my cursor froze and the game quit on me. So not buying with this problem.

[Post New]by mel588 on Mar 18, 12 9:18 AM
I'm having the same problem in the dining room. Unfortunately I already purchased the game.

[Post New]by melusine99 on Mar 30, 12 11:15 AM
I'm also having problems with the door in the dining room — after I open it, my cursor freezes and the game promptly crashes. I also purchased this game, so a fix would be great!

[Post New]by ktpojo on Apr 10, 12 3:40 PM
i keep having the same problem in the dining room as well, every time i get through the door the game crashes - very disappointed was getting into it

[Post New]by DarkSnowWhite on Apr 17, 12 5:03 PM
Just got to dining room and game has crashed several times on me…. not sure what to do now as I have only recently purchased the game???? So deleting and reinstalling seems a bit redundant>

[Post New]by LilacRiverbrook on Apr 18, 12 8:16 AM
I just downloaded this game to try. It went well at first. No problems with the curser or gate. My problem is when the ghost shows up the 2nd time it just keeps playing. music and sounds are there. I just do not get any thing else. I click but nothing happens.

So far people are uninstalling and then re-installing. I find that to be a bit excessive. I really do not want to keep uninstalling and then have to try again.

Duetgirl
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Duetgirl on Apr 21, 12 9:47 PM
'this was a nice game, but after I played for an hour or two, the music started cutting in and out, and also the entire program seemed to stall out for a few seconds every so often. Especially going from one scene to the next. Very distracting.

[Post New]by DarkSnowWhite on Apr 24, 12 10:37 AM
DarkSnowWhite wrote:Just got to dining room and game has crashed several times on me…. not sure what to do now as I have only recently purchased the game???? So deleting and reinstalling seems a bit redundant>

I'm absolutely bloody gutted,,, this game still wont work… I've just wasted good money on this. I'm not impressed at all… wheres the fix for it????

Not cool Big Fish, not cool at all…

[Post New]by Dsharalin on Apr 27, 12 5:29 PM
Same thing for me - game crashes when I click on the handle of the dining room door. Very disappointing. Unless there is a fix, I would like a refund.

I am using a Mac OS X 10.5.8.

I was really enjoying the game up until the crash.

TraceyGP
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by TraceyGP on Jun 11, 12 4:07 PM
Having the missing cursor issue. It shows at the bottom in inventory and the menu button but does not show on the active screen. I down loaded an reinstalled but no luck. I also tried doing the custom cursor solution and that did not work either, I can try startign over witha differnet name but that is such a pain if you are far into the game.

[Post New]by tyrionlove on Jun 14, 12 6:13 AM
Dsharalin wrote:Same thing for me - game crashes when I click on the handle of the dining room door. Very disappointing. Unless there is a fix, I would like a refund.

I am having the same exact issue....using the same exact OS. Really liked this game, but can't get past that door....

[Post New]by tyrionlove on Jun 27, 12 12:41 PM
tyrionlove wrote:
Dsharalin wrote:Same thing for me - game crashes when I click on the handle of the dining room door. Very disappointing. Unless there is a fix, I would like a refund.

I am having the same exact issue....using the same exact OS. Really liked this game, but can't get past that door....

Can we get a fix for this from BigFishGames????

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 27, 12 1:22 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some problems getting past that scene on your Mac. If you haven't tried already, I highly recommend uninstalling, then reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Here's a help article covering how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

For further help, please contact our Mac Tech Support team and they can look into the issue that you're experiencing.

Hopefully we can get that resolved soon so you can get back to gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by tyrionlove on Jun 27, 12 1:32 PM
I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game....no joy there! I will try the tech team....

[Post New]by JulesJumper on Jan 14, 13 9:53 AM
Hey guys, I have a problem. The game keeps crashing down after I opened the door in the dining room in the basement (with the rotten food).
After I solve the puzzle and push the door open the screen freezes and the game closes.
I don't know what to do.
I already deleted the game, downloaded it again and started with a new profile.

I would be very thankful for any suggestions etc.

Greetings,
Jules

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 9:55:07 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 14, 13 12:51 PM
Hi Jules and welcome to the Forums.

When a game crashes in the way you describe, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle the display aspects of the game. You can read more about how to do that in the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try that and the game is still crashing at that spot, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on and work with you directly to get everything straightened out.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: