babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

Re:Reviews for Witches' Legacy: The Charleston Curse

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Feb 18, 12 8:37 AM
Good game....glad i waited for the regular edition.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Feb 18, 12 11:00 AM
This game was so much fun.
I love most hidden object games, and am so glad I took advantage of the President's Day sale to buy it . Allthough I should have used one of my free credit's to purchase it, cause now I am now one 'over' for this month and I don't want to start a new punch card. Well, live and learn -- and it was STILL a great bargain. So glad I bought it.

It kept me busy for many hours, and I look forward to playing it again.

jt

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Feb 19, 12 12:23 AM
The sound and graphics were very good. I liked the little girl being a real little girl, not a figure. I got really tired of searching around for the next thing to do and began using the hint button to direct me to the right place. Lots and lots of HOG in this game but not hard to find anything. Somewhat enjoyable but not one of my favorites. Thanks for having a sale on president's day. It always help to be able to purchase the games at a reduced rate.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Feb 21, 12 2:52 PM
Really good game. Lot's of HOS and puzzles to play. very colorful and clever story with a chance of a second game to come out.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Feb 21, 12 2:57 PM
Good game. Lot's of fun with many HOS and puzzles to solve. Colorful and it has a clever story with a chance of a sequel.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Feb 22, 12 5:56 PM
Great game!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the live actor little girl. I wish more devs would get on board with live acting...

The other reviews have pretty much covered it but here are the points I look for... graphics are good... widescreen option... music fits the mood... great storyline and voice acting... too many H0 scenes for my taste but it IS a hog so I guess I'll overlook that ... casual and advanced mode... only thing that would have made it better was if it was an adventure game.

5 Stars!

laffinlady
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by laffinlady on Feb 25, 12 8:46 AM
I liked the game. I played in easy mode and it was....easy. The Hint not only helps you find objects but it also tells you which way you should go next without losing a hint. The story was OK, not riveting. The game went by fast. I played the regular version, not CE and enjoyed it.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 27, 12 3:29 AM
A game from Elefun with the usual save a child from a witches curse theme but nicely done. The graphics were a little greenish for my taste & this made some of the hidden objects difficult to find but that is no bad thing. I did not like the use of real actors for the two main characters in the cut scenes but I have always preferred beautifully drawn artwork.

The voiceovers are good & the dialogue is clickable. There are two modes of play, regular with sparkles & a 60 second hint or expert with no sparkles or glints & a 2 minute recharge. There is no map but the game area is quite compact so you won’t need one.

You get a journal & a task list plus through the game you will pick up parts of a child’s drawing, once you have the pieces they will join together & give a short animated sequence of events, I loved these; they were very cleverly done.

This is mainly a hidden object game so there were not many mini puzzles but they were varied & pretty easy; the H0s had some unusual & interesting interactive items within them.

The developer definitely showed a sense of humour; at one point you have to cure a doorknob of its cold. Not one of the best games I have played but it was a competent adventure; you will find you keep many inventory items for quite a long time instead of the usual ‘use immediately’ standard for a H0.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Mar 3, 12 5:45 PM
Review of demo (from CE):

Thus far, I really do like this game. The voice-acting is nice and seems appropriate to each character - no "grown up voices" for children or "children's voices" for grownups. Music - I used it only for a short time and it is OK...I normally don't turn the speakers on. The pen "scratching" when notes are written in the journal is a nice touch. I do like that we can click "outside the box" to close it and not have to click the X. Too, I like being able to click through the dialog after I read it and not wait on the character to finish speaking.

The H0 scenes were a bit "muted" in color sometimes but appropriate to the game. I liked the H0 scene where we had to use the flashlight to see it, and there was a bit of "glow" in the scene as if we were looking at it with the flashlight turned on. There is some interaction in the H0 scenes which gives a bit of a break from just hunting the objects. I didn't notice a misclick penalty although I over-clicked a lot just to see. The SG seems to be quite straightforward when I checked it. No map though. When I accidentally moved the cursor near the journal, the "task" would show up and I would rather that didn't happen...just let me click the journal if I forget what I need to do. The puzzles I encountered weren't difficult thus far.

The overall graphics are very nice! The "movie" quality of the characters is a bonus to find! There have been some "surprises" such as the doorknob which makes me think this game might not be totally about a "bad witch" but may have somewhat of a "fairytale" element, but I am early in the game so that might not be true.

I really do want this game but I don't know. It has lots of "innovations" I'm not used to seeing in a game and is quite beautiful and interesting, but I do like a game with "some playing time" to it. I finished the demo with 23 minutes left. Does the beautifully done game itself outweigh the overall length of the CE...I am just not sure for me.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Mar 7, 12 12:02 PM
I just finished this game and loved it. I have a short attention span, and tend to jump from game to game until I get them mixed up! After I got a good start, this one kept me going till the end. I could have used a map; kept forgetting where I needed something.
More HOG scenes than I prefer, but not hard to find things, and enough interactive features to keep it interesting. Loved the imp, and the coughing doorknob.

[Post New]by Buffalolover on Mar 7, 12 4:33 PM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 4:03:00 AM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Mar 12, 12 7:30 PM
fun game
gruesome
great clues
bet there is a part 2
i hope

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Mar 13, 12 8:48 PM
Great story line. Wonderful graphics. But it left me wondering if Lynn became a witch.
It seems she might have. What do you think. I got the SE version which I paid 2.99 for.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Mar 17, 12 8:36 PM
I've played the game several times now and got it down to an hour. I got the SE version. This a very nice game. Challenging puzzles, some of which I still skip

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Mar 18, 12 11:31 AM
I enjoyed this game, great graphics, good HOG scenes. Does need a map though, there is a lot of going back and forth between scenes and I like games that will show you where you are or will take you to the room you want. Overall, I was very satisfied with the game.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Mar 19, 12 6:07 AM
The HOS scenes were okay and the storyline. But half the puzzles didn't work for me which raised my frustration level. Not the best of the best in mho.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 19, 12 7:38 AM
I bought this SE in the recent Presidential Sale and would say it's worth the price. This wasn't the longest SE I've played; the game took me 3 1/2 hours in one sitting. The graphics were good, but I found the actual Hidden Object Scenes a bit grainy at times, though the objects were not too small and easy to find.

Great to see another game with real actors in it. I really enjoy this trend, but I was surprised to find that, having used real people, they didn't actually speak. The developer still used written voiceovers instead. Perhaps they simply couldn't get the lip sync timing right, as happened with Hallowed Legends: Templar.

This game was a bit heavy on the H0 scenes for me. I counted 23 of them, most of which are played twice and come along one after another at the 70% play stage.

A good, enjoyable middle of the road game of its genre for me. 3 1/2 thumbs up out of 5.

Paul4455
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Paul4455 on Mar 27, 12 10:47 PM
This game thrilled me to no end. I just bought a hog game that made me wish I hadn't wasted my money on called "Easter Eggztravaganza" Don't knock this game of the witch because there are deffinately worse out there!

oo7julee
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by oo7julee on Mar 31, 12 11:42 AM
saadia60 wrote:(removed by moderator)

[Post New]by silkiepearl on Apr 3, 12 6:12 AM
Stupid question...lol
whats the lock for by the inventory items?
thanks!

Go to: