grogsplot
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Reviews for White Haven Mysteries

[Post New]by grogsplot on Feb 21, 12 4:05 PM
I really enoyed the demo. I thought it had potential. It was a tad creepy and eerie. Tasks were mildly challenging. So I bought it. Once I did and I proceeding into the rest of the game I quickly learned that it felt unusually different to the demo. It went off on a completley different **** and nothing like the demo.
It seemed so very disconnected and patchy and SHORT!
I really don't recommend this game. Don't buy it!

grogsplot
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by grogsplot on Feb 21, 12 4:07 PM
.... = t.a.n.g.e.n.t

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Feb 21, 12 6:34 PM
grogsplot wrote:.... = t.a.n.g.e.n.t

Thanks for explaining that....my mind was working overtime trying to come up with a no no word that fit!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 22, 12 8:40 AM
grogsplot wrote:I really enoyed the demo. I thought it had potential. It was a tad creepy and eerie. Tasks were mildly challenging. So I bought it. Once I did and I proceeding into the rest of the game I quickly learned that it felt unusually different to the demo. It went off on a completley different **** and nothing like the demo.
It seemed so very disconnected and patchy and SHORT!
I really don't recommend this game. Don't buy it!

You are so right! I loved it and thought it was an above average game, but it's getting slower and slower. Nothing like the demo.

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Feb 23, 12 5:49 AM
I was surprised by the abrupt ending, first and foremost. I *LOVE* HOGs, but I did feel there were too many, and I was surprised by the simplicity of the puzzles - it usually takes me awhile to figure them (hence my love for them), but that was not the case this time.

All in all, a 3 out of 5 stars.

aenvit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aenvit on Feb 25, 12 4:52 AM
I loved the game - enjoyed the puzzles - although they could have been a little harder... :-) but I didn't like the way the game ended. I got into the padded room before I finished the merry go round and just ended...I believe I had about 7 things in my inventory that I never got to use! What's that about? Did it happen to anyone else?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 25, 12 12:42 PM
I was enjoying ithe game untill I got yo the phone h.o. with the tiny, tiny objects. Please!

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Feb 26, 12 12:33 AM
enjoy the game . ending came quick and you really had to pay attention to find out what really happen.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Feb 26, 12 12:50 PM
Hated this game in the CE version and now hate the SE version...dark dark dark....

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Feb 26, 12 9:54 PM
I tried, I really tried, to endure this game. I played about 2 hours.

It started with this annoying, Chinese Water Torture-type "whoosh' sound that repeated nonstop on the sound track causing me to turn the sounds off, and a lot is lacking if you can't hear a peep from the game. Then it got annoying to not be able to just "click" away inventory items if they weren't needed; you had to go place them back in the dock, causing lots of clicking, lots of the inventory dock popping up and down and up and down. Perhaps it's my lack of maternal instinct but I just don't get wrapped up in lost/kidnapped/screaming/pleading/wet-eyed/lip-quivering children I have to save. As someone else stated, this game was mostly going from one hidden object scene to the other, fracturing the story so much (and giving so little of it) that I often times didn't know what I was even doing or why. "Hint" just showed what the active areas were in the room, not what might need to be done next. There are constant pop-ups telling you what you didn't do correctly, what you just clicked on, what you should do. This causes a lot of sitting looking at the screen, like Veal, waiting to be released.

[Post New]by tappies on Feb 28, 12 2:52 AM
It was Ok, but if I have to compare it with other, not good ag all. I hated the end. I still don't actually know what happened.
Did she die in the end?
What happened to the girl?
Somany questions
If I can recommend nice games it is

01. Mountain Crime Requital
02. Death at Fairing point. (Awesome)

These are the more recent games I played that I LOVED

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 28, 12 10:16 AM
I found the end very unsatisfactory too. And I totally agree that the demo was so creepy, but the rest of the game wasn't. No replay here.

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 10:17:00 AM PST

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Mar 1, 12 2:13 PM
Bought in spit of negative reviews. It just sort of grabbed my interest and well...

1/2

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Mar 1, 12 5:52 PM
Wow, what a great game!!!! I loved every minute of it! There was a ton of hid obj scenes! The graphics were great. Really enjoyed this game!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Mar 4, 12 11:28 AM
isnt the best game
the puzzles are not that great
not bad game either

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Mar 5, 12 1:22 AM
In general, I liked this game, although I wouldn't place it in even my top fifty. The graphics were nice, but I found myself thinking several times that they wasted a lot of good graphics by only having one area to search, then you moved on to another area.

I felt there were too many HOGs; I wish there was a way to differentiate between HOGs and Adventure HOGs in the descriptions of the games.

But more than anything, I felt disatisfied that there was such an abrupt, non-explanatory ending. Can someone please tell me what happened???

I hate games with this kind of ending!

hidden007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by hidden007 on Mar 10, 12 10:14 AM
I have to say, I am TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED with this game. I bought this game because I enjoyed the demo. For a while, everything was fine. Then, the game froze, and told me the file was corrupted, and it sent me all the way back to the beginning- THREE TIMES!!!! That just made me irritated, and playing all the scenes again and again made the game boring. I just wanted to get to the end- and that was an even BIGGER DISAPPOINTMENT!!! It was quick, short and abrupt. It wasn't smooth and coherent. While I am pretty sure I got the basic understanding of the ending, I have to say that it wasn't worth the money I spent. The game WAS pretty spooky, and the voice overs were pretty good, and the HO scenes were pretty easy, but it just wasn't worth playing three times through!!! I would wait until this game is on sale or wait for a free credit to purchase this game. I will NEVER re-play this game. Wish I wouldn't have played it the first time through. Sorry Big Fish!!!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Mar 17, 12 7:21 PM
This game wasn't too bad. Not the best I've played but the graphics were clear, the Guy's voice was spooky and the music was creepy. And no, I played it with the light on and company in the house!
I get spooked easily so no darkness for me.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Mar 23, 12 9:27 AM
Great game. Not sure of the ending. Kind of confusing. Still enjoyed the game. Good graphic's and lot's of HOS.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 1, 12 7:21 PM
I just completed White Haven Mysteries after having to start over three times do to technical glitches that were only in part from the company needing to patch the game.

It was well worth starting over until I could get to the finish! This has a great story line....and the story has a twist ending that took me completely by surprise.

The game was enticingly spooky...creepy even, and the Hogs and puzzles were a might challenging, and with good variety. I find myself wishing I had bought the CE and if it shows up on sale sometime may indeed purchase that version.

The whole package, music, animation....games, voice-overs, will have me looking for more games by this company.

Go to: