Gussie3319
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gussie3319 on Feb 29, 12 8:04 AM
Having great problems in first stages of game: the first scene froze on me after completion of first HOs, - after blinking red lights, then it un-installed itself from my GameManager, Game Manager then quit , and and I had to re-install everything.

The second start-up took forever, and then, when trying to place the lions etc into the wood panel in the first scene, the game stalled and I received the following message:[

string "curs = 0..."]:115: layoutWindow.location.setAlpha failed: Sprite not found

Game then froze again , scene disappeared.

Have you checked whether t5his game has been made FULLY COMPATIBLE for MACs/ Very frutrating!

I have a Mac Book Pro with System 10.6.8

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Feb 29, 12 9:58 AM
Any news on a fix? Tried again last night, shut my pc down (Windows XP). I have already sent a Dr.Felix).

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 29, 12 10:28 AM
Gussie3319 wrote:Having great problems in first stages of game: the first scene froze on me after completion of first HOs, - after blinking red lights, then it un-installed itself from my GameManager, Game Manager then quit , and and I had to re-install everything.

Have you checked whether t5his game has been made FULLY COMPATIBLE for MACs/ Very frutrating!

I have a Mac Book Pro with System 10.6.8

Hi Gussie3319,

This game should be fully compatible for Macs (especially OS X 10.6), and so we apologize for the troubles you're experiencing.

if you haven't already, could you please take a screenshot of that error message and then send it in to our Mac Support reps so that we can take a closer look at what might be causing this? (you can click on the bold blue words for more info)

In the meantime, you may want to give the steps in the below help article a try to see if that helps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 02/29/2012 at 10:56:50 AM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Feb 29, 12 10:53 AM
grammy1957 wrote:Any news on a fix? Tried again last night, shut my pc down (Windows XP). I have already sent a Dr.Felix).

Hi grammy1957,

We actually did release a fix recently.

You can click on the below link for more information:

UPDATE! New version available for Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle! Feb. 17, 2012

If you've already installed the newest version and continue to have any troubles, please notify Customer Support.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Feb 29, 12 5:47 PM
bfgHondo wrote:
grammy1957 wrote:Any news on a fix? Tried again last night, shut my pc down (Windows XP). I have already sent a Dr.Felix).

Hi grammy1957,

We actually did release a fix recently.

You can click on the below link for more information:

<a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/200053.page">UPDATE! New version available for Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle! Feb. 17, 2012</a>

If you've already installed the newest version and continue to have any troubles, please notify <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Customer Support</a>.

I actually just got a response from CS - still shutting my PC down!
Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Mar 1, 12 4:10 PM
Alas. More grief of an inoperable Big Fish Game. I downloaded the demo, loved it, and used a game credit on it.

However, when I get to the door with the gears (using Night Vision), once I approach that door to acquire the gears, there is no arrow to back up. NONE.

I restarted with a new Player Name, and the same thing.

I am stuck, I am unhappy, and I want my game credit back.

Mac OS 10.6.8 on a Mac Book Pro that has been completely tuned up in the past couple of days.

Where is the emoticon for "ARGH, NOT AGAIN!"?

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Mar 2, 12 6:06 AM
Good morning BFG Hondo - You posted a reply to my concern about the blue screen. There was a fix on 2/17/12 - Still having the same problem (already sent a Dr. Felix). Will the developer look into it further or should I just cross it of my list of games to play? Enjoy the day!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 2, 12 12:02 PM
grammy1957 wrote:Good morning BFG Hondo - You posted a reply to my concern about the blue screen. There was a fix on 2/17/12 - Still having the same problem (already sent a Dr. Felix). Will the developer look into it further or should I just cross it of my list of games to play? Enjoy the day!

Grammy1957, are you sure this game is the cause of the BSOD? Does it only happen when you play this particular game? Do they still happen after you uninstall this game? If yes, it's almost certainly not this game causing them, but playing this game might be one thing that triggers the set of events that lead to them.

If the errors still happen after you uninstall Amulet of Time, then something else is probably causing them. Did you install any Windows updates, other new programs or new hardware around the same time as the blue screens started? Blue screen errors are among the hardest to pin down, because they are so general and so many things can cause them. BTW, did you get an error code from the blue screen, or does your PC restart before you can read it?

If it seems that the game might not be the direct cause, then you can PM me if you wish and I can direct you to some websites that may help you stop the errors. I just went through a series of BSOD's recently and after much searching, it turned out my PC was simply overheating.

1meemaw4u
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by 1meemaw4u on Mar 4, 12 2:11 PM
Have had some partial freezes, re-installed 3 times. Had to start over each time. New problem is the chess pieces should have gone into inventory but didn't. Re-installed hoping that would work. Didn't have to start over. They are still on the chess board. I was able to continue play until after I finished the magic picture but after following the walkthrough carefully still can't move the chess pieces which are still on the board. No more Amulet play unless I can fix this. Ideas?

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Game crashes - cannot get past the castle telescope

[Post New]by emerance on Apr 21, 12 5:03 PM
It crashed a couple of times before, but when I restarted, it was OK. Now, it won't start. I completed the telescope, but then the screen went white. The inventory and menu are still shown on the toolbar, but I can't do anything, and when I click on anything, I get a "panic file" error - several of them - and I have to jump to windows and use task manager to close the game.

I have generally had a very good experience with BFG and am surprised at this, but I cannot use the game any more. Would appreciate a refund.

rellenh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rellenh on May 14, 12 3:21 AM
Until hitting Chapter 12, the gameplay has been great. I'm in the kitchen scene and I can't do anything but move from place to place. I've got Win 7, 64-bit.

Panic File: .\LuaMan.cpp line:282 [string "curs=0..."]:109: deleteFromClickQueue.deleteFromClick

[Post New]by EllesLangille on Jun 6, 12 10:09 AM
C'mon BigFish!! What gives? Is this problem ever going to get fixed?!!

Can't progress in the game with a totally white screen!!

5 thumbs down!

========================

UPDATED 6/26/12
Shortly after my rant above, I requested a refund for the game. It posted to my account within 72 hours. At least thank you for that, BigFish. A shame there's no fix to the game though by the developers.

Edited on 06/26/2012 at 1:29:18 PM PST

welshway5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by welshway5 on Sep 19, 12 9:32 PM
I purchased this game within the past week. Everything was humming along until I repaired the telescope at Mark's Tower. After the repair, the screen went white. It took several tries to exit the game. I then noticed a panic message about a failed queue. I don't want to go through all the uninstall/reinstall/replay nonsense unless I know that will allow me to finish the game. Amulet of Time has been enjoyable up to this point, so I'd love to finish it. If these issues have been known for so many months, then why is the game still being sold without a warning?

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Jun 23, 13 3:02 PM
I bought this game June of 2013 so guess this fix and new version did not work !! I fixed the telescope and bam got a white screen and cant do anything !!! I did find that if I click on menu , then control alt esc it closes to my task bar then when I bring it back up it has been paused and I can exit !!!!!!! BUT I CANT PLAY IT ANY FURTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Mar 27, 14 12:06 PM
sbxxcb85 wrote:I've completed the telescope in Mark's Tower (chap 10). The background screen goes completely white. The error message is Panic.File: .\LuMan.cpp line:282.

As for the "bug" in pharmacy - I closed out and went back to and was able to keep going. The object of that one is use fork on lizard - go get candle - use fork on snake go get glass - then you can proceed.

Yes, I've just gotten into this situation as well with the screen going completely white in Mark's Tower. I did a "ctrl/alt/delete" which showed it as being "unresponsive" and then yes, the task manager did show the "panic file" thing which I had never seen before.

Is there a fix for this, please? I have played this game before, on my old laptop, early on in my BF addic, er, playing experience and had no technical difficulties at that time. It's a great game!

Thanks!

Go to: