Re:Post any Otherworld: Spring of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by blueclaw1107 on Feb 19, 12 3:25 AM
I am having the same problem I did with the CE. I cannot zoom into the gate to place the star and moon dials. I have backed out, changed to system cursor, tried a new profile, no luck.

Edited to add that I'm on Vista, which I understand is a problem

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 3:24:47 PM PST

Putt1505
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Putt1505 on Feb 19, 12 6:11 AM
Well I was enjoying this game, but all of a sudden the game started "minimizing" itself every few seconds, dropping down to the bottom of the screen and then going to "Paused". I can restore it by clicking on it but then it does the same thing almost right away. Anyone else having this problem? I've never had this happen with a game before. Thanks!

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Feb 19, 12 6:19 AM
First I want to say I totally agree with (Well I had the CE and could not get the tile in the hall and the fairy by the Dryad tree even after the upgrade so was refunded. Was hoping this edition would take care of that issue but NO!! How BF could release this with the issues STILL UNRESOLVED is beyond me. I am seriously considering canceling my Membership. This is just not acceptable, but that is just my opinion I realize, to release items that are not fit for playing. The problem is alot of people will buy this because their demo will expire before they get to the 2nd chapter and THEN encounter this issue and then have to go through getting a refund or credit later. VERY FRUSTRATING issues.) When is Big Fish going to address this issue I bought my copy when they knew about the tile issue and sold it anyway! Will this ever be fixed I really do not want a different game I like this one

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Feb 19, 12 7:31 AM
misty5 wrote:I'm somewhere near the end of the game and have just run into my first tech issue. When cutting the stained glass pieces with the glass cutter, all went fine until about the fourth pattern and now it stopped working. I've tried cutting the same piece at least 20 times, but it won't cut. The hint button just keeps signaling me to cut that piece (really?!) and unfortunately, there's no SKIP option for this task. Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a fix? These buggy games are really getting tiresome...........................

Yes I'm having the same problem, they all went fine until I tried to cut the wing on the creature and it won't cut period. I keep tracing and tracing and tracing and I let go of the cutter and it pops back down into the inventory...Frustrating is not the word...grrrrrrrr!!

elyse47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by elyse47 on Feb 19, 12 8:06 AM
To all of you poor fishies having trouble withthis game...I too had a blank screen and a cursor....download your latest version of Adobe Shockwave and it will work like a charm!!! Happy Gaming to all!

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Feb 19, 12 8:19 AM
Krissy41 wrote:
misty5 wrote:I'm somewhere near the end of the game and have just run into my first tech issue. When cutting the stained glass pieces with the glass cutter, all went fine until about the fourth pattern and now it stopped working. I've tried cutting the same piece at least 20 times, but it won't cut. The hint button just keeps signaling me to cut that piece (really?!) and unfortunately, there's no SKIP option for this task. Has anyone else had the same problem or know of a fix? These buggy games are really getting tiresome...........................

Yes I'm having the same problem, they all went fine until I tried to cut the wing on the creature and it won't cut period. I keep tracing and tracing and tracing and I let go of the cutter and it pops back down into the inventory...Frustrating is not the word...grrrrrrrr!!

Same problem here, very annoyed, I'm going to report problem since no one seems to have the answer.

Won't run on Vista, runs on Win 7

[Post New]by hummingbird06 on Feb 19, 12 10:50 AM
I installed this on my Vista machine, and just plain couldn't get it to work. All system updates and drivers are current, Flash is current, 4 gigs of memory and a 2.6 gig processor. The game was balky, didn't have directional arrows most of the time, hot spots wouldn't be accessible, mini-games did not work properly or at all. Reverted to System cursor, just made stuff worse.

Out of curiousity, installed it on my Win 7 laptop. Night and day... the program runs smooth as silk. Don't play games on my laptop because it's just not good for games in terms of screen size and mouse control, really need this to be a Vista-compatible game.

If this game can't run on Vista, BFG needs to be clear about this. Vista is listed as a valid OS for the game.

[Post New]by lizbarno11 on Feb 19, 12 11:01 AM
I bought the game after trying the demo. I loved the graphics etc. But I have a serious problem now. I cannot get the last wooden puzzle piece. I see it and have tried many times to pick it up. I even restarted the whole game and it still won't let me pick it up. Please help soon.

bigjan1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bigjan1 on Feb 19, 12 11:02 AM
Same here another white screen. Game cannot be played

bigjan1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bigjan1 on Feb 19, 12 11:03 AM
Same here another white screen. Game cannot be played

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Feb 20, 12 4:17 AM
Bought the game and it won't even start, just a white screen. Brand new PC with latest drivers, shockwave etc. Not good enough, as I was really looking forward to playing this game...will be asking for a refund.

[Post New]by hoblmom on Feb 20, 12 7:09 AM
Unable to cut the stain glass at the end no matter how many ways I try it. Is this going to be fixed? I'm almost finished the game.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Feb 21, 12 4:29 AM
Big Fish is there a fix for the tile piece in the works?

[Post New]by braylog on Feb 21, 12 4:50 AM
White screen with cursor. I can hear the sound but that's it. I have tried the usual fixes as well as the latest version of Shockwave - still the same!! I bought it without trying due to the sale but am definately not happy.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 21, 12 6:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to swim by with some advice.

For those of you experiencing white screens, black screens, crashes or sluggish performance, please check the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The above steps have fixed these issues for some of the fishies playing this game and could work for you.

If you have done so already, please get in touch with our Tech Support so this can be further looked at.

hummingbird06, Vista is a compatible operating system for this game. If you could play this game on your other computer, there may be a compatibility issue here. Please get in touch with Tech Support as mentioned above to see if this can be solved.

Those of you stuck with the tile puzzle, please also write in to Tech Support so we can start tracking this issue. Although the Forums are monitored, a possible fix cannot be issued until we gather more information from you which needs to be done through Tech Support.

I'd therefore also like to ask all of you writing in to Tech Support to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report with your request. While the issue may not be immediately related to your individual computer's specs, this will help us figure out a pattern and hopefully fix the issue.

Thank you for your patience!

bfgRhone

Edited on 02/21/2012 at 6:01:48 AM PST

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Feb 21, 12 8:05 AM
I also can't put jewels in locket of the statue.Had same problem with CE.I thought all glitches were sorted with the updated version.

[Post New]by charmedhands1973 on Feb 21, 12 11:07 AM
i can't pick up the last tile needed to continue the game and it is sad because i spent good money buting the game.....i have tried everything....reinstalled game, updated adobe even tried playing a new profile but not seams to work.....can this be fixed in a timely manner so i can play????

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 21, 12 11:18 AM
bfgrhone - there has been a problem with this last tile "glitch" since the CE was released, again when updated version was released, and now the SE version. I and others (as posted in the forums) have repeatedly stated we have all the updated readers as required by BF and have also done Dr Felix reports, along with emailing CS over and over. This has to be a developer problem!!!

[Post New]by nokidding on Feb 21, 12 5:45 PM
I'm having same problem - the glass cutter stopped working. Tried many, many times with no success and really frustrating with no "skip: button.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Feb 22, 12 4:08 AM
cannot a skip botton be added to the find the tiles so we can get on with the game?

Go to: