Re:Reviews for Otherworld: Spring of Shadows

[Post New]by bevhughes on Feb 21, 12 6:38 AM
Yes I totally agree, lovely story and over five hours of game play with stunning grafics
all you could aks for.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 21, 12 10:05 PM
Beautiful graphics but this is not a hidden object game. If you like HOS forget this game. You have to find things by just moving the cursor over the screen and hope a magnifying glass or hand pops up. There are many puzzles, and the ones I played seemed pretty easy. Usually I skip puzzles because I find them too frustrating, but I was okay with the ones here and even found them to be kind of fun... if you can call solving puzzles fun. The hint system is okay but takes a little long to reload than I would like, but not as long as in some other games I've played.

I wish this had been a better game with more HOS.

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Feb 22, 12 3:39 AM
Nice game, enjoyable but really odd and unfitting voice over !!!!

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Feb 22, 12 4:21 PM
WOW! I just finished the SE of this game and I have a new all-time favorite...and I've been with BF for YEARS! I was really thinking of ending my membership, because it seemed, even if a game was good, everything was too familiar...then along comes this game and they've pulled me right back in!! Gorgeous, different, exciting and I wish ALL voice-overs were British....and I got all the achievements but one, now I must play again on hardcore mode! Also missed 2 fairies, drat it!

More like this, please, please!!! Yay Boomzap, you rock!!!!

Guess I'm a fishie forever!

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Feb 22, 12 6:11 PM
Absolutely love this game. I just finished the demo and I was starting on the second chapter when the hr was over. Love the different HOS and the puzzles; skipped a couple because I did not want to spend time just wanted to keep going forward before the hr was over. However, the hints a bit useless when you don’t know what to do next. Love the voiceovers, which are a must for me and graphics are excellent. It definitely a buy for me !

noirangel
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by noirangel on Feb 23, 12 5:32 AM
All I can say is I did not want this to end! What a fantastic game! The scenary itself was so beautiful I just wanted to kind of wander around in it!! I loved how it was not just straight hog so much more fun and interesting., THe puzzles were great too. Not too difficult just enough to be challenging. I want to play it again this time I'll try expert mode. Thank you so much to the developers for this. You guys have some fantastic graphic artists.
Well done!!! Gets a five star rating from me!!

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 5:34:06 AM PST

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 23, 12 1:49 PM
It's wonderful that so many can enjoy this game while others have issues that can't or won't ever be solved. We too would love to play this game, but it seems it's out of the question. Very disgusted.

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Feb 25, 12 12:56 PM
In general, I enjoyed playing this game, but I found that some of the graphics were difficult to see. I actually had to skip one mini-game because I couldn't tell when the circles were glowing and that was with the brightness level at 100% on my monitor.

I played around 5 hours on Expert which is a long time for me. I finish most SE HOS games in 2.5 - 3.0 hours. The story was interesting and any time I got stuck it was because I had missed an area requiring action somewhere.

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Mar 2, 12 8:53 AM
This is a beautiful game! The colours, graphics and music are very good. The puzzles and mini-games are interesting without being too difficult.
I just got a red line under colours because I'm English. I only mention this because I found the voice over unconvincing and tedious.

Thank you devs and BF.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Mar 31, 12 8:28 PM
Beautiful ,Beautiful Game .It was worth the money ,the grafics are great ,the story too ,and thanks to the wonderful fishes they pulled me out when I was stuck in the last drawing scene ,although It wasn't directed at me I knew I would find the answer there.,Thanks for helping us !!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Apr 1, 12 7:29 PM
BoomZap excels again! Rich beautiful graphics, interesting storyline, fun mini-games, and long (I completed it in 6 hours without skipping any games or cutscenes.) Except for the part I mention below, I HIGHLY recommend this game. I give it a 9 out of 10.

SPOILER ALERT:
The only thing I did not like was the stained glass scene where you had to assemble a stained glass window. I thought it would be easy (because I work with stained glass in real life!) but I was ready to pull out my hair on the parts where you had to cut the glass. No matter how close I was to the line, it would not advance and I couldn't skip this part because it was not considered a mini-game, but a task. It was a VERY frustrating part for me!

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Apr 12, 12 6:18 PM
Just finished the SE in 8 hours.. took my time and tried every puzzle! Found only one that really drove me crazy but I figured it out after a while. Wonderful game, loved the variety of things to do, beautiful scenes. If I as stuck, I just had to retrace my steps and usually found what I needed. Only had to refer to the walkthrough once for help with funnels

So many areas to explore and minimal Hidden Object scenes, which was a plus. Please bring on a sequel Boom Zap! I will get the CE next time!!

If you like the original Azada, you will like this!

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Apr 13, 12 11:25 AM
After so many attempts on my usual laptop - and trying to get the last tile, I finally tried the game on a different computer. This game works like a dream, and no glitches so far (I'm into chapter 4). I'm enjoying it very much, and hope the developer will get the glitches worked out so the rest of you having problems can enjoy it too.

[Post New]by teenytinytina on Apr 14, 12 10:06 PM
I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this game! I'm usually more into the "spooky" or paranormal games so this was a refreshing change of pace. The game play was fun and unique and I enjoyed the story-line as well. Can't wait for the sequel!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Apr 19, 12 7:26 PM
really really fun great game with awesome illustrations

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 8, 12 2:16 PM
Fantastic game! Unique, imaginative and fun. Tired of the same old formula Hidden object/adventure/puzzle games, then give this one a try - you won't be disappointed!.I was amazed at the creativity of the Developer who brought us this gem. Kept me involved from beginning to end. In fact, I just finished it and am going to play it again. Looking forward to a sequel and more games like this. Kudos to the Developer!!!

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on May 11, 12 5:04 AM
This was a really neat game. Very colorful, beautiful graphic's, lot's of neat puzzles and lot's of HOS. The story was fun and the ending hinting there will be a sequel.
You'll like this game. Everyone loves fairy's and stories about fairy's.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jun 16, 12 8:44 AM
will glitches in this game ever be fixed it has been months!!

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Aug 4, 12 9:13 AM
It was a fun game, a little trying at times, had to check back to the forum several times. Liked that is was a little longer than some. I am not fond of games that are over too quick. Ready for more games, not too many new ones coming out that I have been waiting for. I do enjoy my games, thank you big fishies.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Aug 10, 12 6:27 PM
thoroughly enjoyed this game. It did have some technical issues, but all in all it was very enjoyable. Beautiful graphics, good story, good puzzles, nice length and I always love achievements!

Go to: