Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by MzWyatt on Jan 29, 13 10:53 PM
I have the two cards but cannot get back into the house to talk to Ford and get the book. The game hint points the arrow to the inside of the house but then when I try to go inside the game tells me there is nothing to do in the house. This is quite frustrating! BTW I already uninstalled and reinstalled and this did not solve the issue.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 28, 13 2:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to let you know that a new built is available for the game. You can check all the details over here.

If you continue to experience issues after installing the new version, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team.

Thanks!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 2:59:55 AM PST

[Post New]by dpanachy on May 22, 13 10:42 AM
I am finding that after I play for a while and exit (by using the menus), when I relaunch the game, it starts very far back from when I left off. The first time, I got to the Doyle estate and the restart was at the beginning of the game. The second time, I got to the trench and the restart was at the Doyle estate. The third time, I got all the way to the cemetery and the restart was at the trench. Is this a "feature" of the game? Is there any way to resume a game where I leave off?

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on May 27, 13 7:11 AM
Please see updated post..

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 7:34:39 AM PST

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on May 27, 13 3:54 PM
iPad version of game

UPDATED
This version should be entirely rewritten. There were several areas where the Inventory item would not link with an object. Multiple tries, backing out of scene then returning to it, over and over. Then hours later or next day another try would work.

Examples:
1. Houdini Metamorphosis: it took 2 days of trying to get the key to unlock the padlock on the chest, then proceed.
2. Montreal: Letter opener stalled opening the envelope.
3. Diamond tooth stalled trying to cut the glass on the jewelry box
4. Train: using guillotine blade to cut brake line and tongs to remove coupling pin each took multiple attempts.

Each of the above followed all previous steps completed. I have no idea why it would not work or why it suddenly did work!

Some of the HOS objects when found remained enlarged on the screen. After finding, I had to click again to remove the object.

I would also discourage using a description of an object to be found. Language differences make this a difficult thing to interpret.

This is the first "deluxe" game I've gotten- it will likely be my last, assuming I can finish pending obstacles.

BTW, iPad total clovers is 40. I'm about half way through the game and I have 34 clovers, so that doesn't seem to be a problem. I saw posts of others saying they were one short of the 70 clovers for the PC version.
-----------------------------------
Correction/addition re CLOVERS:
When I got the 40th clover, there was message "Congrats, you have gotten unlimited hidden objects mode." I'm not sure what this means but another message followed saying: "There are 70 clovers in the game- would you like to try to find the rest?" and the total was reset from 40 to 70 with the 40 I found showing.

Edited on 05/28/2013 at 7:41:07 AM PST

[Post New]by jphoeke on Feb 28, 14 6:55 PM
I can not find the ghost of doyle at the door of the house to give the branding iron to

Go to: