Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re:Post any The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen technical issues here only

[Post New]by 4120 on Feb 19, 12 6:28 PM
I downloaded the game but It would't open just got a blank screen

[Post New]by angel4allanimals on Feb 19, 12 8:21 PM
The game keeps freezing up and I then have to restart my computer and when I go to play it again..it tells me that the previous game was corrupt and I have to restart the game from the beginning. I've tried the uninstall and reinstall but..still happens..funny thing is..it doesn't happen at the same spots...Any suggestions?

GetitGotit
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by GetitGotit on Feb 19, 12 9:07 PM
My inventory disappeared too. When are you Big Fishes going to have a patch available for this problem?

[Post New]by cmgillispie on Feb 19, 12 9:09 PM
Once again the game stops at the loading phase...I know $6.99 isn't a lot to pay each month but I have had lots of instances of the game loading forever, freezing, error messages, etc. I can't afford to but a new computer every time this stuff happens. When I first joined I never had problems...mt computer is relatively new...I want a refund of my dues this month as NOTHING worked...pissed...

jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on Feb 19, 12 11:16 PM
This is the third game in a row that has frozen my computer and caused me to freak the f*** out!

Can BF please check these games before they put them out there for all of us suckers to pay and download what doesn't work???

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Feb 20, 12 3:26 AM
All my inventory items disappeared, too. Will ask for my credit back if it's not fixed soon.

[Post New]by hawkes1959 on Feb 20, 12 7:54 AM
I checked my system requirements before I downloaded and I met them all easily, but when I played the game it took a long time to load past the first page and it kept hesitating and hanging badly. I played the demo all the way through but what should have taken me about 15 minutes took me 35 because of all the hesitations in the game play.

This game has some bugs and needs another look, especially for lower end graphics cards and processors.

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Feb 20, 12 8:48 AM
challis3 wrote:Just bought the game and played for about 5 minutes when all of a sudden all my inventory items disappeared- this happen to anyone else?

Interesting, because this just happened to me in the demo. this looks like a game i would enjoy but??????

Solution anyone?

rebeccas1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccas1 on Feb 20, 12 8:57 AM
Bought the game and it froze on loading. Tried reinstalling, same problem. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by jday12148 on Feb 20, 12 5:40 PM
I am glad I'm not the only one loosing inventory. I at the Bar and went to feed the bear and the honey was gone! I think that if you try to do something and you don't need to(set the tower clock) it screws up the game. Have almost finished and am disappointed but will delete and forget.

[Post New]by rcarol on Feb 20, 12 8:16 PM
I had trouble when the scenes changed and "loading" appeared on the screen. I resorted to reinstalling BFG game manager and not having any other programs open except MS Task Manager. When I tabbed out of the "loading" to the task manager I noticed that the status for the game was "running - paused". Then when I went back to the game the next scene was ready for play. Also, this game was using 100% of the cpu, I do not know if this is normal. My system exceeds the game system requirements.

holiewood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by holiewood on Feb 23, 12 10:40 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one to be having problems. It sits at "loading" forever! I finally have to do the cont/alt/del and even that takes like forever. I'm with the rest of you....too many problems with BF lately. It's a shame cuz this game was fun and really different. Oh well.....wait for a patch I guess.

[Post New]by titicarmen on Feb 25, 12 9:20 AM
Alot of "freezing" screens....so disappointed ...loved the game...will ask for money back!

[Post New]by donnasue281 on Mar 6, 12 3:14 PM
I too am loosing inventory items. I have gotten as far as the Castle and suppose to fix the rope, but I have nothing in my inventory. I uninstalled the game and re-installed it and it kept my place in the game, right back to where I left off, but I cannot go any further because I have no inventory. So very disappointing. How can I get a refund on this game? I really liked it so far and wanted to finish the game, but can go no further. Please advise.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 10, 12 2:05 PM
Two times d/l...when it was a TGT and today 3/10/12...yes a glutton for punishment or way over curious?

Well it has some 'great star' reviews for those I believe have been able to play demo and game?

Already sent list to C/S...and...drfelixfix...followed all directions like a good student!....cleaned out all the so-called junk also that I know how to accomplish!

so decided to give this game another try!

d/l...fine

BAM!....screen went WHITE ... and the storyline began...thats all folks!

Same as the first time...had to do a ctrl/alt/delete to get out of the game...then deleted off my 'c' drive...O.K.!...just another NO BUY!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 18, 12 1:32 PM
hawkes1959 wrote:I checked my system requirements before I downloaded and I met them all easily, but when I played the game it took a long time to load past the first page and it kept hesitating and hanging badly. I played the demo all the way through but what should have taken me about 15 minutes took me 35 because of all the hesitations in the game play.

This game has some bugs and needs another look, especially for lower end graphics cards and processors.

I haven't "lost" anything yet but I'm a bit worried that because of long loads and lagging that it might get more buggy as I go on.

When I played the demo it took a bit longer than I likr to load scenes but I liked the game so I thought I could deal with it. Once I got to the scrolling scenes it started hanging up so badly it takes up to 30 seconds to put items into my inventory.

I think it needs a fix very much.I don't want to have to get my cregit back but it's starting to tick me off also. I didn't buy this game to get frustrated, I bought it because it was cute and I neede something easy and relaxing.

[Post New]by sdorflanie on Mar 18, 12 2:47 PM
has there been any solution to the problem of inventory being lost. unfortunately this is the second game i have purchased recently that i am having this problem with. i have checked my system 9graphics card, active-x, etc,) and am getting really frustrated.

Lily_Lane
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Lily_Lane on Apr 7, 12 7:27 PM
hydrogibbon wrote:
pjs22763 wrote:Can not enter the tavern, and I had the epaulettes. Can not finish game!

I have the same problem. My epaulettes disappeared and I can't finish the game. Help tells me to look for more items in another scene. When I go back it tells me to use more items in the scene but I don't have a clue what to do. When I look at the walkthrough I have exactly the same inventory I'm supposed to have when I enter the tavern but it won't let me in.

Having this problem as well, is there a solution?

[Post New]by BitsMN on Apr 18, 12 5:28 PM
I am having the loading issue - it has happened in several different spots in the game. I tried downloading it from another site and had the same problem, so this is not just related to BF. I would like to know if there are any fixes in place, because this is a fun game, when you can play it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 22, 12 4:50 AM
Hi BitsMN,

If you find that this game is experiencing loading issues and this is occurring with other games as well, it may be a good idea to check for some updates that help your games to perform better.

The advice in the following Help Article will guide you through updating the most crucial programs responsible for running your games effectively:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue persists and you feel like you need some more help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you and provide some more specific advice!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/22/2012 at 4:50:31 AM PST

Go to: