Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 19, 12 6:41 AM
bratzgram wrote:The demo was alot of fun but I finished it with 28 minutes to spare.
I know this is a comment rather than a review, but no you didn't. Sample versions stop at a point. Time in these trials does not apply and thus isn't mentioned.

Play the FREE sample version

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 19, 12 6:41 AM
A good game but too short. It's for kids though, so that's probably why. Short attention spans and all that.

It had me stumped a couple of times, and I'm no kid.

I would love to see what they come up with for adults. If it's as innovative as this it would be brilliant.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Feb 19, 12 6:44 AM
The game may be short, but it's so much fun (love the snarky comments ) that I'm buying it for the sale price.

Kudos to the Devs!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Feb 19, 12 6:44 AM
I agree with all of the positive reviewers. It was a nice break with something light and fun.

It sure was a very short game. If it had been a little longer I would have enjoyed it alot more for replay value. If I had realized just how short it was I dont think I would have purchased it.

Had fun anyway.

Happy gaming

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 19, 12 6:48 AM
" It is the simple things that make life wonderful"

What a cute, fun, whimsical, quirky game this is. Wonderful animation. The Baron is a hoot, I could listen to him all day.

Cherb said it very well and I totally agree with her.

The puzzles are fun (I love launching the Baron to the castle). Also unloading the boats. (simple but fun).

I wish this game was longer but its a buy for me anyway, brings out the kid in me.

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 8:15:01 AM PST

[Post New]by Dragonara090 on Feb 19, 12 7:56 AM
Played the demo and bought the game...because it may be quite easy and simple, but it's FUN I love that the puzzles are a bit different and it isn't one HOS after the other. The Baron is wonderful...he makes me laugh, he can talk to me anytime After all the dark and dreary horror, ghost, and really evil type of games we have been getting lately, I was so delighted with this hoot of a game, and if bought while the offer is on, it is a very cheap few hours or so of pure entertainment. I am glad to have something light and a wee bit different to play I highly recommend this and give it 5 stars

ETA: Finished the game fairly quickly but I still say it is worth every penny for the sheer pleasure it gave me. If you think about it...even a cinema ticket costs more, the performance is only a couple of hours and you can't replay the film, at least you can play this again after a while, and still get a laugh.
I so hope that we get more games like this.

Edited on 02/20/2012 at 5:14:06 AM PST

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Feb 19, 12 8:10 AM
sartasia wrote:
bratzgram wrote:Very cute game

I do have to wonder why anyone would use Munchausen for a name in any game. That makes me think of mothers that make their children sick on purpose just to get the attention.

The stories of Baron von Munchausen go back to the 1700's. He was a famous adventurer.
Game demo was very short and the game fairly easy to play but I really love the humorous bent to it. Do to length I'm sitting on the fence.
This would make an excellent DD.

Sort of... LOL

I was wondering myself as 'Munchausen Syndrome' is where a person deliberately fakes/makes themselves ill/injured to get medical attention (similarly 'Munchausen by Proxy' is when mothers make their children sick).

So naturally I Googled....(wikipedia)
"The syndrome name derives from Baron Münchhausen (Karl Friedrich Hieronymus Freiherr von Münchhausen, 1720–1797), a German nobleman, who purportedly told many fantastic and impossible stories about himself, which Rudolf Raspe later published as The Surprising Adventures of Baron Münchhausen".

And there we have the name of the game... so I wonder, does that mean there will be more Adventures?

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 19, 12 8:16 AM
I only played 1/2 hour before buying. What a fun, silly game. I love the graphics and Munchausen's ineptitude. Just the type of game I needed after being immersed in werewolves for the past week. I loved that one too but this is a nice lighthearted change of pace. My only complaint is I had to change my screen resolution to play it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 19, 12 8:18 AM
crypsynight wrote:
sartasia wrote:
bratzgram wrote:Very cute game

I do have to wonder why anyone would use Munchausen for a name in any game. That makes me think of mothers that make their children sick on purpose just to get the attention.

The stories of Baron von Munchausen go back to the 1700's. He was a famous adventurer.
Game demo was very short and the game fairly easy to play but I really love the humorous bent to it. Do to length I'm sitting on the fence.
This would make an excellent DD.

Sort of... LOL

I was wondering myself as 'Munchausen Syndrome' is where a person deliberately fakes/makes themselves ill/injured to get medical attention (similarly 'Munchausen by Proxy' is when mothers make their children sick).

So naturally I Googled....(wikipedia)
"The syndrome name derives from Baron Münchhausen (Karl Friedrich Hieronymus Freiherr von Münchhausen, 1720–1797), a German nobleman, who purportedly told many fantastic and impossible stories about himself, which Rudolf Raspe later published as The Surprising Adventures of Baron Münchhausen".

And there we have the name of the game... so I wonder, does that mean there will be more Adventures?

I hope so

manxminx
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by manxminx on Feb 19, 12 8:27 AM
DO NOT BUY - 2 hour game play - rip off

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Feb 19, 12 8:35 AM
manxminx wrote:DO NOT BUY - 2 hour game play - rip off

It took me only 1 1/2 hrs on hard mode, but as I used a punch card coupon that doesn't bother me much (although would have been upset if I had paid full price probably).

I thought it was a lovely, quaint, and humorous game. Would recommend to anyone wanting to use a coupon.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 19, 12 9:16 AM
oh this one is fun. I had been disappointed in no new CE games, but took care of that by going to another site..look at A.l.War site (see if that passes () great new ce game there...
Anyway, thos is a lot if fun and somewhat hard..so either I'm dumb as a stump or other fishies have really smart kids.
Get past the cartoon graphics and enjoy..the voice comments are pretty funny.
kris
PS oddly named for a weird psych disorder

Edited on 02/19/2012 at 9:18:05 AM PST

nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nell50 on Feb 19, 12 9:33 AM
This was a surprisingly refreshing and cute game to play Sunday afternoon. Yes it is easy but you don't sail through everything, you do have a bit of a challenge to find things. Puzzles were good - find the difference, move things to get to the other side etc, both of which I enjoy. Although it is a short game, I do think it is worth getting it with a coupon or the Presidents Day sale price. Sweet graphics and funny storyline.

[Post New]by sgard110 on Feb 19, 12 9:40 AM
Cute game but way too short. I'm disappointed.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 19, 12 10:16 AM
This game has gorgeous graphics and fun, different gameplay- everything I have been wanting in a new HOG type game but- yes it is very short.

However- 2 hours of fun and smiles is sooo much better than 6 hours of the same old carp so I am happy!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Feb 19, 12 10:21 AM
bradalex wrote:Cherb, I agree with all you say EXCEPT I love being told when I'm wrong. I do silly things just so I can see how many different ways the Baron can tell me I'm stupid

Couldn't agree more. Half of the fun of this type of game are the quips engendered when an absurd choice is made. I make them on purpose just to see what comes up! Keep up the good work. I do like this game, but I am very slow and still finished the demo in 35 minutes in easy mode. Am on the fence as to buying since I would have to start another punch card.

Still, this game was a lot of fun. I am hoping some developer will come up with another "Lemmings", but I'm not holding my breath. Aah! Those were the days.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 19, 12 10:39 AM
Nice little game. A bit different and fun, but extremely easy and short. Still had 35 minutes on my 1 hour demo when demo ended. Perfect game for a beginner or a youngster, but not for a seasoned gamer. No buy for me today. Thanks for the reviews.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Feb 19, 12 10:52 AM
bradalex wrote:Cherb, I agree with all you say EXCEPT I love being told when I'm wrong. I do silly things just so I can see how many different ways the Baron can tell me I'm stupid

I agree with you on being told when I mess up, I purposely do everything I can to get in trouble. Too funny..............everyone says this game is too short, but it's so much fun it's still worth it to me. I hope we see more from these devs!

Thanks and devs for the grins and giggles!

Joy

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 19, 12 11:02 AM
dancemom1 wrote:Nice little game. A bit different and fun, but extremely easy and short. Still had 35 minutes on my 1 hour demo when demo ended. Perfect game for a beginner or a youngster, but not for a seasoned gamer. No buy for me today. Thanks for the reviews.

In my opinion this game is not JUST for the beginner or a youngster. Most of us here are seasoned gamers and seem to like this game. I think you just have to be young at heart as alot of us older gamers are and just enjoy something lighter and more fun than the dark, creepy games that are so common.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Feb 19, 12 11:06 AM
So cute and funny sayings when you pick up the wrong item from inventory to use. Loved the little games and match up items a nice change. BUT - always a big but lol the game is way to short for the money. I play slow and finished trial way sooner then the time and it looks like that was already halfway. Maybe for a $3 game. It was a nice try Dev.

Go to: