Re:Post any The Scruffs: Return of the Duke technical issues here only

[Post New]by soonbenanna on Feb 23, 12 8:46 AM
I have tried 3 times to get the game finished in all 3 It won't let me go where I need to. So can't finish any of the games.

[Post New]by lindaloo27 on Feb 23, 12 8:58 PM
I also am having problems with chapter 9 as the polishing cloth disappeared and I am left with the yellow spoon and lobster fork and I cannot continue. Very frustrating. I hope a patch will be available to fix it.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 24, 12 8:23 AM
add me to the "stuck on polishing" list. I uninstalled/reinstalled...nah, no help. Contacted tech support and sent a dr.Felix report...waiting on that. So, just add me to the list ..
kris

dotw
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by dotw on Feb 24, 12 12:44 PM
As all the others, I am having the polishing cloth problem. If you cannot fix then give credit for another game!

Dot

[Post New]by labamba44 on Feb 24, 12 4:14 PM
I am also having problems with the polishing cloth add me to the list. cathy

[Post New]by spotster on Feb 25, 12 8:33 PM
I have completed all steps to get the three cannonballs, and have fed the stupid dog multiple times, but the laxative step won't work. I even have Scruff trying to help let me know when the bottle is positioned correctly. I even tried putting the laxative in the bowl first, then the food. I have not encountered any other bugs like this one including the popular polishing cloth issue. Please help.

Reggiesmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Reggiesmum on Feb 26, 12 3:42 AM
Yup, having uninstalled and reinstalled to fix the polishing cloth issue, now I still have that as far as I can tell, and also have the laxative-to-Winston problem (he eats but just keeps up the sentry-patrolling - cute but infuriating!), and also now the gear shift (in the car at the castle entrance) game won't work either. So annoying because this is a very enjoyable, fun game and it seems as if I'm truly up that creek without a paddle.

jennipurr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jennipurr on Feb 26, 12 9:48 AM
spotster wrote:I have completed all steps to get the three cannonballs, and have fed the stupid dog multiple times, but the laxative step won't work. I even have Scruff trying to help let me know when the bottle is positioned correctly. I even tried putting the laxative in the bowl first, then the food. I have not encountered any other bugs like this one including the popular polishing cloth issue. Please help.
My problem too. I think the main issue is not the cloth, but the last cannon ball. For whatever reason we saved Winston until the end and the others did him as one of the first 3 objectives.

[Post New]by catastrophic1 on Feb 26, 12 2:34 PM
I am also stuck on the polishing cloth missing glitch. This is infuriating, being so close to finishing to get stuck with an impassable glitch. Fix it please or give us a credit as this game should allow conclusion and not cause a heart attack...

[Post New]by TimeTravler on Feb 26, 12 3:05 PM
In chapter 5 I missed Bernard's clue to powering up the x-ray machine when I gave him his collection and got the scroll. Now I cannot get back to find out what the hint was, so I'm totally stuck. The x-ray machine is not powered up and I do not have the "sparkling bookcase". What is Bernard's clue to starting the hampster to power up the x-ray machine? Frustrated with Chapter 5. Thanks for any help you can supply.

tabra0424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tabra0424 on Feb 27, 12 8:35 AM
I am also having the same problem in chapter 9. I cant polish the silver. I hope to get this game fixed. I was enjoying it. I am a Big Fish junkie....

tabra0424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tabra0424 on Feb 27, 12 8:36 AM
I was enjoying this game... I am stuck in chapter 9. I cant polish the silver..

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Feb 27, 12 4:07 PM
I never got past the very first search (the feathers). I used the dog for a hint, and found the feather, but no amount of clicking on the feather will give it to me. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Feb 27, 12 4:08 PM
I never got past the very first search (the feathers). I used the dog for a hint, and found the feather, but no amount of clicking on the feather will give it to me. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Feb 27, 12 4:10 PM
Couldn't even get past the very first "search" (the feathers). Couldn't find and used the dog for a hint. Found the feather, but no amount of clicking will let me get the feather. Anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by Beachbum14 on Feb 27, 12 5:26 PM
Has a fix been posted yet for the polishing cloth ? If there is one I can't find it.

[Post New]by bcydylo on Feb 27, 12 8:00 PM
I am also unable to add the laxative to the bowl. Please help, so I can finish this game!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Feb 28, 12 12:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

There is an update for this game available now. For more information about this build take a look at this post here:

UPDATE! New version available for The Scruffs: Return of the Duke! February 28 2012

If you click the blue text it will take you there. So to better monitor any tech issues after this update, I'll be locking this thread, but please feel free to continue the discussion here:

Post any The Scruffs: Return of the Duke technical issues here only

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

Go to: