BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Comments for Aaron Crane: Paintings Come Alive

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 5, 12 2:08 AM
Comments and reviews have run the gamut on this game.
I found the game both stimulating and relaxing.
The graphics IMO were quite lovely. The scenes sort of minimalist.
No clutter, I liked that.
I liked the whimsy of the characters and interacting with them.
The music I thoroughly enjoyed and kept it on throughout the game.
The gameplay was smooth and moved at my pace, the relaxing part.
I had to think and figure things out for myself. The stimulating part.
The hints help point the way without telling me exactly what to do when I needed them.
The length I won't comment on except to say that it lasted long enough to be enjoyable without me getting bored or having that "thank goodness" feeling when it was finished.
I found it a nice temporary departure from the mostly dark, scary, games which I love to play most often.
A game for everyone? Obviously not, but, it is for me and I recommend giving it a try.
Thanks Devs and BFG for IMO a great game.
BK

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 5, 12 4:50 PM
this is one of those games i think you either love or hate...just not my
i think it was overly simplistic and didn't get the concept of paintings coming alive. for me they were dead and are still dead. but do try it, you may like it!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Mar 14, 12 3:06 PM
I'm really not sure what to think about this game. Random penguins who need glasses? A rabid dog you can just put a leash on and make him magically disappear? Although it is different, there isn't a lot of logic in here.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jul 25, 12 7:17 PM
This is the THIRD time I have tried this game and the THIRD time, I have uninstalled this ridiculous game. I understand that it is not a "hand holding" game, as such, but I have got to the exactly same place for the third time in this game and cannot go any further. Build a bridge - yeah I know and have a rope and a couple of pieces of bridge and that's it. Can't find anything else to go with them or what I'm suppose to do next. Sorry, but GAMES are suppose to be challenging and FUN!!! Not so exasperating that you just want to turn the computer off and go to bed with the covers over your head!!! This is one of the worst games I have ever tried and three (3) tries, your out!!!

feenix

Go to: