mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:Reviews for American Pickers: The Road Less Traveled

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Feb 22, 12 2:21 PM
I liked the earlier version of this game. There was strategy in the earlier version. This one is just hos. Boring!!!!

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Feb 22, 12 4:28 PM
Surprise, surprise...another HOG. And not a particularly inventive one, at that. I deleted it after the first two scenes. Definitely not a buy for me.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 23, 12 5:06 AM
This was pretty boring and I spent most of my time hitting the skip dialogue as the constant commentary and chatter between these pop up people was over the top. Just another HOG and a no buy for me.

henfish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by henfish on Feb 23, 12 6:26 AM
I love regular HOs I would like to see more of them,Too many games have me running from place to place and when you only play a short time at each sitting it can get very tiresome trying to remember where you were going. TY big fish

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 23, 12 10:25 AM
Watched the game preview video and thought this game looked good, then I played the demo. On the plus side... graphics are nice and voice overs, well, ok, but there is just too much yackity yack, and reading even more dialogue with every new and repeat site visit. It is a straight HOG which is fine, but there really is no challenge involved at all. In other words... not fun! Gets boring real quick, if one can not haggle prices, etc. Sorry, no buy for me. I will stick with playing previous picker games, which I found more interesting.

JCDRSD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JCDRSD on Feb 23, 12 10:55 AM
Bought this game and finished it yesterday. I am really disappointed it was so short. All the locations on the map and you only visit less than half of them. Am I missing something? The game itself is fun, good graphics and voice-overs but I probably could have finished it with the one hour trial.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Feb 23, 12 12:45 PM
Gotta agree with most of the reviews here - this game is a big MISS! There's just nothing really interactive to do. One HO scene after another, followed by dealing, which you have no control over. I felt more like an observer than a player.

This is too bad, as I love the show and was hoping for more here. The last Pickers game was pretty good, but this one falls flat. Why bother if I'm told exactly what to buy, have nothing to do with price negotiation, and you just 'wing it' when you get back to the shop? Items I 'picked' are sold w/o any haggling or price-setting on my part - where is the fun supposed to be?

Definitely will not be buying this, not even as a DD! Bummer!

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Feb 23, 12 8:12 PM
Am I missing something? I played the locations which was 12 and then nothing. Not even letting me go to any other states nor is it telling me the game is over. Just have the green thumbtacks on the 12 locations and nothing more for me to do. This can't be the end. Anyone else had that problem? I assumed all the states that had a black dot was going to be played. If this is it then that sure was a waste of money. I got it done in less than an hour, and that's between taking smoke breaks. Big let down.

[Post New]by kimsicle on Feb 24, 12 4:07 AM
Sore index finger just from trying to stop the unnecessary and annoying jibberjabber. I own an antique business, enjoy the show and HOGs but it still wasn't enough to like this game.

[Post New]by former on Feb 26, 12 9:16 AM
I bought this sight unseen because I liked the other pickers game so much, what a rip off. This game ends half way through the states as if to force the purchase of the sequel. I highly recommend never purchasing this game!

[Post New]by jmshick711 on Feb 28, 12 11:36 PM
former wrote:I bought this sight unseen because I liked the other pickers game so much, what a rip off. This game ends half way through the states as if to force the purchase of the sequel. I highly recommend never purchasing this game!

I wish I would have seen this post before I purchased the game. It is quite buggy and I am very disappointed. I contacted customer support because now it isn't showing on my purchase history and no reply. I am so frustrated...

[Post New]by Firewoman on May 19, 12 6:19 PM
Sheerija wrote:Too boring for words. Well, just one really:-

Ugh!

I have to agree with you. I wasted a coupon on the game because it seemed to be a lot of fun and as most games go are easy at first and then becomes challenging. When playing in one room then into another, with at least three places to explore, you can't go back to go to the third area. You have to go else where, then go back where you were to be able to get to the third area to find more things. Another thing is that you don't get to explore all of the US. The game is to short and is way to easy. We need more of a challenge and more recordings of the guys talking.

Edited on 05/19/2012 at 6:27:05 PM PST

Go to: