cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Jetsetters - Attention BFG and Gamers

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 25, 09 10:27 AM
BFG downloads are guaranteed to be virus and adware free. It may be that you need to update your virus definitions in your firewall.

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Jan 25, 09 10:31 AM
Hidden Objects and Slot Machines.........................Have I died and gone to heaven.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 25, 09 10:37 AM
coco1953 wrote:Hidden Objects and Slot Machines.........................Have I died and gone to heaven.

YEPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 25, 09 10:42 AM
firestone1960 wrote:
Lynndamc wrote:Just downloaded Jetsetters and it loaded ok but when i went to play, my mouse curser is delayed. Geez, i hate it when that happens! I have found that to happen other times when trying a new game and stop playing and deleted the game. Does anyone know why this happens on some games and not on others? and what I can do, if anything to correct it?

thanks

I had the same thing to happen to me - as it has on several games - I hate it too - when it begins like that, I just come out (alt + tab will drop the game to task bar without exiting) and change the settings - I usually run on 1680 x 1050 - and I switch to 1024 x 768 (800 x 600 works too, and I don't know if other settings do or not) - bring the game back up and everything moves along fine - I always liken the other to "playing in molasses" lol . I have to change settings to play Lost In Reefs and Farm Mania - I have thought about emailing CS to see if they know a way to fix it, but, haven't gotten around to it yet.

Otherwise, I really like this game, but, like some others, would like to know the length...although...I found myself enjoying the slots so much - length of actual game may not really be that important!!

thank you thank you iT WORKS

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 25, 09 10:55 AM
I am with Sir William at the railway station. I CAN NOT find the 1! I have played the games and spent a lot of money and still can't find it. Anyone know where it is?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 25, 09 11:51 AM
coco1953 wrote:Hidden Objects and Slot Machines.........................Have I died and gone to heaven.

I just knew some people would love this!

coscat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by coscat on Jan 25, 09 12:00 PM
After 15 minutes of this game I stopped. The New York street scene alone had 8 mislabled items in it! I finally started just clicking on everything and very different items were removed. Also on some of the personalities there were no items to find. There didn't appear to be any instructions on how to play. I know how to play HOGs but navigating all those people and which to do first alluded me. Maybe if I had listened to the stories I could have gotten some info, but I hate to wast the demo time on reading blah blah blah. This one goes in the dumpster. Plus another game with Kenny G type music is too many!!!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 25, 09 1:11 PM
lol coscat. I like the game except for what appears to be a glitch or two. I always turn the music off so don't know what you mean on that. I don't read the story lines during demo either. Don't want to waste that precious hour!

Also, a small bag that looks like a duffel or a large purse does NOT qualify as a suitcase!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 25, 09 1:17 PM
There are definately glitches.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 25, 09 2:58 PM
elainedelliott wrote:okletmewin12 thanks, but when I click the "x" to says to give reason for deleting and a ok. no place to do a reason why
HERE IS REASON: HIT SUBMIT TWICE IN ERROR! LOL

Hi again Elaine, and your welcome I went and looked for myself, and if you want to give it a try again, you should see a little popup box just asking do you really want to delete, with options OK or Cancel

that's what i get anyway, then again some days too many hours at puter make me see all kinds of things lol

should work that way for you too, just take another look at it

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jan 25, 09 3:08 PM
suzangh wrote:lol coscat.

Also, a small bag that looks like a duffel or a large purse does NOT qualify as a suitcase!

Boy, this is probably my biggest petpeeve with HOGs.

Is it just me or does it seem that more games have been released recently that have an updated version in a day or so that corrects a lot of the glitches with the first version(or am I just reading more about this. As Picman said, no one ever posts that a game downloaded and played fine.)

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jan 25, 09 4:49 PM
I hated when they say find a mug and its what I call a trophy. Or a spade "What kind?"

I could go ................................on....etc...

I like a few H O G that gave a picture or outline of said item.
We here in US have different names for items than say other countries. I bet some of our fishies from other ponds agree. Like say Ireland, Italy, Germany etc.

Happy Gaming

Hello World Pond Fishies

PEN

[Post New]by candleofhope on Jan 25, 09 5:07 PM
Lynndamc wrote:Just downloaded Jetsetters and it loaded ok but when i went to play, my mouse curser is delayed. Geez, i hate it when that happens! I have found that to happen other times when trying a new game and stop playing and deleted the game. Does anyone know why this happens on some games and not on others? and what I can do, if anything to correct it?

thanks

Same thing is happening to me.....Cursor doesn't work...any help

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 25, 09 6:26 PM
penrose47 wrote:I hated when they say find a mug and its what I call a trophy. Or a spade "What kind?"

I like a few H O G that gave a picture or outline of said item.
We here in US have different names for items than say other countries. I bet some of our fishies from other ponds agree. Like say Ireland, Italy, Germany etc.

I know! I was looking all over for that cup and just happened to click the trophy!

I too like the shape or outlines for some of the levels. Wouldn't want every level that way but it's a fun challenge.

It's also fun when there are words I don't know cause even if I have to use a hint, I learn what it is. Like a samovar, had NO idea what that was! Used a hint and I know what one looks like. Still don't know what it is though! LOL

Candle and Lynn, only thing I know is to contact tech support on that issue. Don't know enough about computers to offer any other solutions. Sorry.

Edited on 01/25/2009 at 6:27:38 PM PST

Lynndamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Lynndamc on Jan 25, 09 7:16 PM
Thank you, Firestone, for your help... I will try it!

Jetsetters - Attention BFG and Gamers

[Post New]by suzyq60473 on Jan 25, 09 8:54 PM
loopy1966uk wrote:I have just tried to open this new game and had a big error message box that came up telling me not to as it was corrupted or had a virus and would be lethal to my computer. I think BFG need to be sorting it out asap and all gamers beware.

Hi Loopy.... I just finished the demo and purchased the full version. I got the same error message that you got. Now I have a game that I paid for that I cant open!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 25, 09 9:46 PM
Suzy and loopy if y'all have mcaffee for your antivirus, please do an update then reinstall your games.

BFG games are guaranteed virus free.

[Post New]by suzyq60473 on Jan 26, 09 4:08 AM
suzangh wrote:Suzy and loopy if y'all have mcaffee for your antivirus, please do an update then reinstall your games.

BFG games are guaranteed virus free.

I tried that...still no luck. Will I be able to get a refund or a game credit for this? I had this problem one other time, but it has been a long time.
Thanks for the advice!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Jan 26, 09 4:11 AM
can't say about that. best bet is to contact customer service.
Good luck!

[Post New]by candleofhope on Jan 26, 09 6:42 AM

Ok I have read the replys about slow mouse...I have tried all the suggestions...Still can't get mouse to move....I uninstalled game three times.....Changed the resolutions changed the mouse speed...nothing helps....I'm running vista....which is a pain in the you know what.....NEVER SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN RID OF XP...BUT THAT COMPUTER WENT SOUTH.....looks like I can't play this game......

Go to: