Re:Welcome to Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet forum

[Post New]by lexi2006 on Jul 11, 09 12:43 PM
I am in the hall and I put the light together i have the book and the newspaper page i need the last piece when I click on hints it shows me the open drawer help please

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 22, 09 2:17 PM
mysteryne1 wrote:[b] Has anyone had any luck with fixing their FREEZE-UP? Is there a magic answer out there that works?? I really, really want to play this game. It played fine until I deleted it and downloaded the new version that is untimed! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 22, 09 2:19 PM
I'm having the same problemafter redowmloading and starting a new game. Did you get an answer to this question? Tech support has not been able to help. It played fine until I deleted it and redownloaded. Thanks.

[Post New]by gamersmitty on Aug 4, 09 4:34 PM
fishy88 wrote:Hi! I am at the last screen where the connections are made. I have found 34 of 35. How do I find the last one between the lower left side and the center clock?

Don't know if this helps, but as far as the clock goes, I remember reading the "opera paper" is connected to the Lord Linden, and the paper makes the clock show the time of death. I missed an opera paper somewhere, and I'm going back through to look at what I missed. I only had "share papers" by the time I got in there.

I'm having quite the hair pulling over this game---wow!
good luck, I'm trying to hang in there too.

[Post New]by gamersmitty on Aug 4, 09 4:42 PM
dollyflower wrote:
mysteryne1 wrote:[b] Has anyone had any luck with fixing their FREEZE-UP? Is there a magic answer out there that works?? I really, really want to play this game. It played fine until I deleted it and downloaded the new version that is untimed! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Dollyflower.
I had some similar problems when I started, and it was involving the Compatibility.

Open the Program File, right click on the .exe or application file and click properties. Click Compatibility tab, and Check for it to run compatible to Windows XP.

That fixed my freeze. Depending on your computer, try only one more at the time in that list of compatibilities--next being the resolution 640.

good luck.

[Post New]by weaverwoman on Aug 19, 09 5:48 PM
Can anyone help me with the deduction board? Is there some way to move past it even if you haven't figured out all the connections? I am stuck on the board. I have been to the opening scene, Gordon's room, the Garden, the Box, and Backstage. I've identified the actress and the director as suspects and have inspected the body and found all the clues. Now the game is asking me to make the correct matches among all the clues I've found. I've made 7 out of 8 but just cannot find the eigth and I'm unable to move forward. Any help would be appreciagted greatly. None of the walkthroughs I've found address the deduction board unfortunately.

Edited on 08/19/2009 at 5:49:40 PM PST

[Post New]by humberbridge on Nov 9, 09 2:07 AM
Can someone help me get out of the actresses dressing room Ive found all the clues but cant get the puzzle piece to help me move onto the next thing which I feel is linked to Vincents letter.

cautious
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cautious on Dec 30, 09 8:10 PM
prpldva wrote:Hi Luvsbingo- welcome to the forums!

if this is your first visit to the garden, you should have found: menacing letter, knife, mud traces, ashes, shoe print and garden key. Use the key on the glass cabinet at the top and move the pot twice. Take the page book and use the decoder on it

cautious
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cautious on Dec 30, 09 8:12 PM
I'm in the garden. I've found all of the items and seem to be stuck. Someone mentioned a decoder, but I don't see anything like that.
Help!!!

[Post New]by yarnhooker on Feb 15, 10 8:04 AM
Skizzy wrote:Hi! I'm new to the forum game. I am playing this game and am stuck in the garden. The cursor magnifies the closed garden chest and then turns into a gear. However I don't seem to have the necessary tools to combin with the gear to make the chest open. I cannot go back to previous rooms to look for more tools for the inventory. What do I do?

Hi Skizzy! You should have a key to open it. The key is found in the garden. Look in the hanging plant in the upper right hand corner.
Best of luck to you and enjoy the game!

yarnhooker

[Post New]by yarnhooker on Feb 15, 10 8:47 AM
Don1231 wrote:I am stuck in the hallway. I have found everything but the violet letter, and the money. He magifies the bookcase but I'll be darned if I can find anything there. Can anyone give me a on what to look for and where in this area?

Hi! I'll be glad to help you with that. I got stuck on it too and had to go to gamezebo for help. Take the grid paper from your inventory and click it on the small puzzle piece at the bottom. A puzzle will come up. After you complete the puzzle you will see 3 groups of letters on the bottom ( IJ OP UV). Click on the bookcase to magnify it and then click on those letters. A drawer will open on the right. Inside the drawer you will find the money and the violet letter.
Good luck and enjoy the game.

Yarnhooker

[Post New]by sadtomato on Feb 21, 10 1:07 PM
jamminjan62 wrote:I am stuck at the cement works, the game is frozen. I can only exit by using my task manager and ending the process. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and I have tried to play with a new profile, I still get stuck at the same place. Can anyone help me? This is the full version, by the way, not the free trial. I have purchased the game.

I am stuck at the same point on the trial version for Mac. The game totally freezes, I can command-Q quit or force quit. I have restarted, reinstalled, tried different sequences to get to the cement works with no luck.

[Post New]by JulesAhoy on Feb 21, 10 6:23 PM
sadtomato wrote:
jamminjan62 wrote:I am stuck at the cement works, the game is frozen. I can only exit by using my task manager and ending the process. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and I have tried to play with a new profile, I still get stuck at the same place. Can anyone help me? This is the full version, by the way, not the free trial. I have purchased the game.

I am stuck at the same point on the trial version for Mac. The game totally freezes, I can command-Q quit or force quit. I have restarted, reinstalled, tried different sequences to get to the cement works with no luck.

Same story here. I'm a longtime BigFish customer, so I'm pretty disappointed in the poor quality of this particular game.

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Feb 22, 10 12:26 PM
The Mac version of the trial freezes on me too.

[Post New]by LORDGNOME on Feb 23, 10 12:21 AM
Mac os 10.6 STUCK AT THE CEMENT WORKS ! Everything freezes - HELP !

[Post New]by purpleclipper on Feb 23, 10 6:58 PM
Same thing here. Annoying. Reinstalled and still does it.

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Feb 25, 10 7:24 AM
I thought i had a problem with my mac, on the Cement Works screen you will see a static cursor pointing to a box of matches, click on the matches and the rest of the game should be ok. Enjoy.

kaath
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by kaath on Feb 27, 10 11:12 AM
I'm stuck in the cement works!

The program fails to respond to mouse clicks. I see I'm not the only one.

Help!

Level 6 Puzzle with flasks of water and scale for kg

[Post New]by vdoncaster on Feb 27, 10 4:37 PM
I'm on easy.
Level 6 water flasks and scale puzzle I do not understand this puzzle at all. I am trying to figure out where the scale is. I see a barrel, the hole a 4kg weight and the water. When i fill up the flasks with water I have no idea what the scale is and where to weigh it. Someone please help

[Post New]by vdoncaster on Mar 7, 10 9:11 AM
please someone help me where is the scale?

Go to: