Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Re:Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only

[Post New]by Angel369 on Feb 25, 12 5:58 AM
I too have had the'dump' problem...quite worrying as I'd not seen this message before been having more than a few problems getting any of the games to play recently (apart from Surface on Friday..which was great )usually our old friend 'access violation'
I un-installed today's offering asap and hope it hasn't left any unwelcome little visitors behind on my computer
Still the sun's shining here at the moment and hopefully tomorrows game will be playable...

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 25, 12 6:16 AM
Hi everyone,

Those of you experiencing crashes or disappearing cursors, try to see if all your software is up to date by following the steps in the below help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your problem relates to programming type of errors or if you have already tried the above, it's very well possible this needs to be looked at by our Tech Support team.

Please get in touch with our Tech Support so this can be tracked and hopefully solved for you.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by Mystery_Egypt on Feb 25, 12 6:29 AM
I have this "dump" problem, too. Have purchased the game and played for 3 hours or so, suddenly everything froze. The error message said not to worry as I could continue the game from my last step. But unfortunately when I go back to the game, puzzles that I have already solved are not solved, but they are not accessible anymore. So I'm stuck for good

This is the 2nd game in a row with issues

bigjan1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bigjan1 on Feb 25, 12 6:41 AM
Same as everybody else froze then the dump icon

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Feb 25, 12 6:42 AM
this is 4 th game i can,nt play.no cursor ,completely DISAPPEARS.no trouble with any other games.why.dr felix does not help

barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on Feb 25, 12 6:51 AM
I had to start over too

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on Feb 25, 12 7:12 AM
After I bought the game, I pressed on play and the game froze. Can't even get to it to play. Deleted and reinstalled but still froze after clicking on play.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 25, 12 7:28 AM
after i delete the beta i had in my file"games",i can play the game well ;during the game i gave up for looking in my mail box,and when i started again ,it's was fine!the game was exactly where i left!

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Feb 25, 12 7:35 AM
Now I am getting really peeeeeeed off!! Been playing game now for about three or more hours until..............."ERROR. DON'T WORRY!"(OH YEAH- REALLY??!!! :suspicious "YOU CAN RESTART GAME AND START FROM LAST ACTION" (NOOO I CAN'T. GAME WANTS ME TO START AGAIN FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!) "PLEASE SENT DUMP_CALLSTACK.DMP FROM DESKTOP TO DEVELOPERS. THREAD 1".

For goodness sake, isn't it about time the games were glitch proof?! And what the hell is dump_callstack.dmp when its at home??

So, now I shall have to a diagnostics report, wait for bug/s to be fixed, and no doubt have to start game YET AGAIN!!!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 25, 12 7:48 AM
I am sorry but something is very fishy, when a game adds an icon to your computer, DUMP ICON sending to developers.
Instead of telling us, to make sure our computers are up to date, why isn't BF explaining to us, why this game is adding an icon to our computers?
I think that would put more people at ease, since it is our computers, that are at risk here.
Since the error says dump, sending to developers, it sounds like we are being used as lab rats, to test the game on our computers, rather than getting a game that is ready for purchase, either way I would like to know?
One person had an error saying, not to worry, they could complete the game from the last step, but they could not, what kind of error tells you this anyway?
I had a time trying to uninstall this mess, and still don't know if everything was removed, because it didn't say uninstalling like it does on every other game I've ever removed in the past 4 yrs.
PLEASE BF, could you give us an explanation as to why this game is adding an icon to our computers, because NO game should do that, and I would like to be informed, if it is a possible virus?

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Feb 25, 12 7:58 AM
Totally agree quarlesqueen! I have sent a report to BF, and added the icon link to it, so they can hopefully sort it out!

I actually felt that something wasn't quite right.........by the length of the game.......more like (and actually longer than some) CE's we get, but at a standard version price! This is the THIRD game this week that I have had problems with and had to give up on!

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Feb 25, 12 7:58 AM
Hot spots are a bit off kilter. That is, when I point cursor at where a hot spot should be, the magnifying glass doesn't appear where it should. I got stuck in the very beginning in the third scene and needed to use Hint to find out what to do next. Hint pointed out a hotspot that didn't respond to the cursor when I first searched around the room. Haven't yet tried system cursor to resolve the issue. But shouldn't have to.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Feb 25, 12 8:17 AM
I loved the game and bought after about 20 minutes. Downloaded full version and picked up where I left off (tee hee I thought). I stopped playing and closed the game and went and did something topside, then came back, reopened the game (at the right place) and carried on. After a while (I wasn't checking the time -perhaps an hours trial?) the game just stopped, full stopped - no warning, no goodbye screen, no 'your trial is up' - just back to normal desktop.

And it's disappeared from my GM.

Oh well, off to CS I suppose.

[Post New]by SueBeeNi on Feb 25, 12 8:44 AM
Warning!

by 60schild on Feb 25, 12 5:02 AM

Not sure if this will happen to anyone else, but played the hour demo, bought and then had to start from the beginning again. Played over "3" hours, it crashed and then took me back to the very beginning when I went back in. Am NOT happy about this, so thought I'd warn everyone else, just in case......

Same thing happened to me as 60'schild, very frustrating as really enjoying the game and thinking it was good value for money.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Feb 25, 12 8:50 AM
I was almost finished this game when it crashed and disappeared. When I reopened it, my profile was still there, but it wanted me to start ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Another fiasco like Bedtime Stories The Lost Dreams?

What a let-down. Such a wonderful game this one, but no way I'm starting again, with no way of knowing if it will do the same thing again.

Needs a fix BF (no [removed by moderator], Sherlock).

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 11:11:01 AM PST

cmpg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cmpg on Feb 25, 12 8:52 AM
I had the same issue. After I bought the game I had to start over from the beginning. After playing for some time, the GM closed the game. When I went to play again--you got it--it started from the beginning!

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pearls10 on Feb 25, 12 9:06 AM
Another one here,stupid me, I bought the game after the trial, played over 3 hrs- game crashed, black screen,wants me to start from beginning.NOOOOOOOOOOO!
Will wait for fix unless I die from boredom first.!!!!!

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on Feb 25, 12 9:11 AM
Same as edmee1947. Had to stop the game, came back 10 minutes later and it made me start over again. Not a buy for me.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Feb 25, 12 9:28 AM
ShadowGamePlayer wrote:......I can't get as far as some of you...my virus program sees it as a virus and kills it before I can download it....I know this is not the case as I trust BF to be 100% virus free.... Not sure if I will bother to bypass my virus program
This happened to me. I got back into the game but my progress was lost!!!!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 25, 12 9:28 AM
what is going on with this game????Like everyone else..I bought the game as I liked it..then had to start from scratch as my place wasn't saved...crossed my fingers and now 3 hours into this game..heading towards to end( I HOpe, I'm afraid to stop it and go back to it later) the thing froze, I heard the "DONG" sound and the really weird error "not to worry" etc etc.
Welll, I'm worrying...they have my money and I have no game that is playable. Plus the truely weird info to developer business...I agree, feel like a lab rat.
kris

tired to restart...again the donk! sound and no game..actually, no game manager.
sigh..too bad, but this game is history
kris

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 9:33:04 AM PST

Go to: