All My Gods

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:All My Gods

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Feb 27, 12 6:42 AM
1010elisa wrote:How do you get more mana. i cant do anything!

This is what stopped me in the developers trial. The instructions STUNK

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 27, 12 6:43 AM
Valdy wrote:
govegril wrote:Hi Valdy

good on you for at least trying it

Folks that are fans of the Island Tribe series might recognize the graphics and even some of the characters.

Yep... I own both Island Tribe 2 and 3, and love them. Really great games. I think this game just has just too many things that need doing, and I am running out of space. LOL

SPOILER ALERT

I left the game with everything done except getting all that cash together so I could get the ring and continue to the right. LOL

END OF SPOILER ALERT

exactly, its what i didnt care for, the building is so convuloted, i adore builders, and have plaed this one allready, its not up there with "island tribe or "timebuilders" but for lovers of builders, its a nice way to spend some time

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 6:44 AM
Thank you Valdy, you are the second person who will be trying/buying the game as a result of my humble words above,
I am honoured to have served .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 27, 12 7:03 AM
bella81762 wrote:exactly, its what i didnt care for, the building is so convuloted, i adore builders, and have plaed this one allready, its not up there with "island tribe or "timebuilders" but for lovers of builders, its a nice way to spend some time

Ah yes, you are told to build and build and build, and wonder where you find the space.

However, after having done the demo, I am now more confident with this game, and know beforehand where to add buildings, and I can even move them to make more space. I will start again from the beginning (unwisely deleted the save files as well when I deleted the game, because I thought I didn't want to buy it), but this time I know what is coming and can build accordingly.

And, as I said before, the good thing is, I don't have to rush. I can take my time and think carefully where to add what.

And thank you, Cherbtoo, for the info supplied.

[Post New]by missmary333 on Feb 27, 12 7:08 AM
My first time posting, so please excuse lack of typing edicate. The game seems fine but I am a die-hard time management player. Where have all the good TM games gone? I have been a member since 2007 and am underwhelmed recently. Are TM games out of gaming fashion? Thank-you.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Feb 27, 12 7:15 AM
missmary333 wrote:My first time posting, so please excuse lack of typing edicate. The game seems fine but I am a die-hard time management player. Where have all the good TM games gone? I have been a member since 2007 and am underwhelmed recently. Are TM games out of gaming fashion? Thank-you.

I agree with you, where have all the TM games gone? I sure am missing them too.

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Feb 27, 12 9:16 AM
Thought I read a few people were waiting on gold from the mine. You have to use the Hand of God to extract the gold. The game does not add this resource over time.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 27, 12 9:16 AM
pecabo1338 wrote:

This is what stopped me in the developers trial. The instructions STUNK

Pecabo, did you try the help section of the game (from the game's main menu) as well as the tutorial?

I read that before starting to play & I found that it explained things well.

& I only found one thing during the demo that hadn't been explained in either the tutorial or the help section: That was how to make a citizen chop down a specific tree to make building space, instead of having to use divine power. I managed to do that using an approach from a similar game and raised a thread here about it because not everyone trying this will have played that other games).

1010elisa - I believe Cherb posted great spoilers for you on things to build to increase your mana so I'll only add that the game does gradually refill it anyway so, even before you can build those things, if you are able to wait a while you will get some more. I believe certain things just make it refill faster and/or increase the maximum that you can store but it always refilled, but slowly, for me right from the start.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 10:53:15 AM PST

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Feb 27, 12 9:43 AM
How on earth do you get enough gold to stop Mars destroying your town?

charm616
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by charm616 on Feb 27, 12 10:00 AM
I cannot continue because I do not have enough civilization points. But how to get them? I haven't rec'd any requests from my people nor directives from gods - I have two schools upgraded to level 2, and two taverns upgraded to level 2 - (everything that can be upgraded is upgraded).

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Feb 27, 12 10:09 AM
le01 wrote:
govegril wrote:sorry le01 - I am not finding the game at all complicated- you just collect resources and fulfill the goals requested..

i do play a lot of these games so it is probably easy for me to pick it up.

Good Luck!

thank you for the patronising . only . once bought .. my everlasting gold mine still does not produce.

And for the record .. not looking for "complicated" just spending nice time.

And it would appear that I create too many science points .. so am stuck, lol .. at least without some gold-producing mine!

Use the Hand of God to collect gold from the mine.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 11:00 AM
judygoodfellow wrote:How on earth do you get enough gold to stop Mars destroying your town?

I didn't ... I decided to save my mana for helping to put out the fires and concentrated on putting several wells scattered through my buildings so that the workers didn't have far to run to fetch the water.

There is something that can be earned from Venus which is an enormous help and a there is something you can build that will appease him slightly (I just happened to have one already built ).

The green eyed temper tantrums are a terror of the past for me ... says Cherb with her fins crossed .

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 11:08 AM
charm616 wrote:I cannot continue because I do not have enough civilization points. But how to get them? I haven't rec'd any requests from my people nor directives from gods - I have two schools upgraded to level 2, and two taverns upgraded to level 2 - (everything that can be upgraded is upgraded).

Each time you need more points than you can research build another school and upgrade it until you can build a university (I currently have 5 schools + 1 uni and I am getting closer to being able to cross the water. I am soooo excited and can't wait to see what is lying on the other side )

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Feb 27, 12 11:10 AM
cherbtoo wrote:(snip) concentrated on putting several wells scattered through my buildings so that the workers didn't have far to run to fetch the water. (snip).

That makes it sound even more like a Westward game. I remember when I played my first one (WWIV) I had to start over when fires first appeared because I had built all my houses in neat rows next to each other, miles away from where the residents worked, and also all the wells were next to my farms and none near the houses.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 11:57 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
judygoodfellow wrote:How on earth do you get enough gold to stop Mars destroying your town?

I didn't ... I decided to save my mana for helping to put out the fires and concentrated on putting several wells scattered through my buildings so that the workers didn't have far to run to fetch the water.

There is something that can be earned from Venus which is an enormous help and a there is something you can build that will appease him slightly (I just happened to have one already built ).

The green eyed temper tantrums are a terror of the past for me ... says Cherb with her fins crossed .

Famous last words

OMG ... this game should come with a depends warning !!!

I have just picked myself up off the floor where I was helpless with laughter and coughing fits for several minutes. I can't wait for you all to get to this stage of the game and experience what I just did and NO I am not going to tell you and spoil it for you because it is something that should be experienced for oneself so I hope nobody else spills the beans.

Now you have even more to look forward to

[Post New]by scumpika11 on Feb 27, 12 12:34 PM
stupid question: how do I activate the first obelisk?....

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 27, 12 1:12 PM
scumpika11 wrote:stupid question: how do I activate the first obelisk?....

No question is stupid sweetie.

You don't activate the obelisks sweetie, the other gods will do that when you have completed all the tasks that they set you.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Feb 27, 12 2:42 PM
Initially, I felt that I wasn't given enouth information on how to proceed, but it seemed, the more I accomplished, the more opened options I had. I played the demo, and then couldn't help but buy it. I've played the entire day, off and on, and am still enthralled. I'm a big fan of time management, HOG, etc, and this is something like a combination of those. Although without a time limit, or a sparkle spoiler.

[Post New]by Spyderlady61 on Feb 27, 12 4:36 PM
how do i get the laurel leaf??

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Feb 27, 12 5:25 PM
cherbtoo wrote:

SPOILER ALERT ... highlight to read

You need to build shrines and later temples to help accumulate mana faster, build them by the lava mountain after you have earned the Ring and activated the first Obelisk.

When you have full mana use the Hand of God to dive into the gold mine and extract some gold or get you some much needed logs.

As for creating too many science points, you just need to spend them . As part of my strategy I actually researched some things before they were asked for and I made some of the people/gods wait for what they wanted, eg they asked for roads and I got wells and lumber mills first as I thought they were more important.

In the bottom left hand corner you have 3 symbols in a circle ... click on the book to open the research area and then click on the word Study underneath what you want to research next ... NB ... if you need more science points for a particular thing than the game will let you accumulate you just need to build more schools (I currently have 4 upgraded to level 2).

If you have too many goods and are wasting stuff click on the vase & purse symbol (bottom left hand corner) to open the market area and then sell a couple of things, each click sells 10 of an item.

The game is all about balance ... you see something that is at full capacity so you use some, you see a lack so you try and fulfil it ... you are the juggler

I hope the above has helped you, if not shout again and I will try to do better.

Cherb

ETA ...

I have just built a bank so that should help with the finances

I too am full on points with nothing to spend them on. All the "study" options are locked and the shrines are WAY locked... quite a few buildings before I even get to them. Juggling goods is useless because you can't BUY you can only sell. Have plenty of gold. I gave it another try when someone mentioned that you could drag people to do things like cut trees but then you lose the lumber... so I'm stuck waiting on mana?! No thanks. Still no buy here darn it.

Go to: