Re:Post any All My Gods technical issues here only

[Post New]by sarahd7721 on Mar 1, 12 12:11 PM
thank you, however that did not work for me. my wheat field is a level three and has stopped producing. my bank is a level 2 and has stopped producing.

according to my statistics i have a gain of 49 units of food for each "day". so i am making more than enough for my buildings to survive.

i just added two more temples so i have 81 out of 100 citizens.

any other tips?

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Mar 1, 12 1:09 PM
Sorry Sarah . What I posted was what sorted my resources out. I hoped it would yours too.

The only thing I could add is that I experimented again and this time, after I had got things back in balance, I was having a problem where Jupiter said I had strikers but still said that after I calmed all the ones I could see.

Then I saw that my cheese farms (the ones I had deliberately screwed up by getting rid of all my milk) were still saying 0 input and 0 output even though I had plenty milk (and 'fuel food' again) and couldn't see strikers at them.

Having seen others post that they sometimes have to destroy and rebuild, I did that for the affected buildings. The new ones worked fine and Jupiter even thanked me for calming the strikers.

So maybe, after a period of imbalance, things perhaps occasionally don't reset themselves properly(?). Maybe your food balance was out at some point, and is now correct but those 2 buildings have glitched a bit(?).

If it is just those 2 playing up now (?) then maybe destroying both and rebuilding would be worth trying.

Afterthoughts:

When you say those 2 buildings have stopped producing - you do mean that they say they are not producing, don't you? If you meant that the numbers in storage had stopped increasing that could just mean that you need another barn (and gold does have an upper storage limit of 20,000), but since you've been playing for a few days I'm guessing you know all about barns.

& I take it none of your buildings are still damaged after a Hera attack (I think you would have noticed that).

Kittaly
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Kittaly on Mar 1, 12 3:07 PM
Nope, no numbers. The mouse over says "consumes 0 produces 0" and my resource count doesn't go up either.

tlhwest
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tlhwest on Mar 1, 12 3:22 PM
I've been having problems with roads. The first time I built the wooden road, the game said I didn't have it built, and I checked and didn't miss any sections. I had to start the game over from the beginning to straighten that out. Now I'm having the same problem with the stone road; even though I checked and didn't leave any sections out, the game still says I haven't built it yet. I'd rather not have to start from the beginning AGAIN; is this a glitch, and if so, when will it be fixed?

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Mar 3, 12 3:47 PM
to TLHWEST: Had the same problem with a wooden road not being reconized, started over with the Magistrate building being far enough away from that stone artifact that a road can fit in the back, placed other buildings with the road in mind, till I was able to build it, than it went well.

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Mar 3, 12 3:58 PM
I absolutely love this game, 'but' this may be a technical issue, I have successfully placed 4 shrines, and drained the lava crusts, but can't seem to place a temple, it is red, not green, whatever I do
I have removed all four shrines and tried the temple in all those same places as the shrines were, not green anywhere, so to continue to let the people worship, I replaced the shrines, but I suspect not being able to fill Jupiter's request, I can progress no furthur. No!

Got a solution PM me please.

[Post New]by P_Angelface on Mar 4, 12 3:34 AM
Not sure if this will make any sense but I've built about 12 barns for storage, but my science points are stuck at 360 and are red. It won't let me get any more, but things like cabbage etc are at 470 and not in excess. I'm stuck because I can't research anything else as they all need 400 science points. Any suggestions?? Thanks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 4, 12 4:31 AM
Hi P_Angelface,

Welcome to the Pond!

As the barns only store produce, in order to increase your storage capacilty for science studied, you will need to build more schools or upgrade those already built if you haven't already! Keep builing/upgrading until you have space for at least 400 so you can study Universtiy

To angel2shine, have you drained all the lava from that area? Choosing the first 'road' option will enable you to do so and after that you should be able to build on it!

If you feel this may be a tech issue, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps Fishies!

bfgBaikal

SierraNV
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,208 Posts

[Post New]by SierraNV on Mar 4, 12 5:38 AM
I've played several times and will max out at 20,000 gold points. It usually happens after a gain in civilization points. Number of upgraded banks, markets, barns, etc. will not change the main screen total even though the market page reflects sales going over 20,000. Free gold is not being counted either. Still fun to play, but I would like to see how much I can get from trading etc. before winning the game.

Game stuck and all buildings burning

[Post New]by leraborg on Mar 4, 12 9:41 AM
After I tried clear lava fields and collect soldiers, my buildings started burning but all my men are sstuck and not moving 2 do any tasks. Verified all drivers updated and on vista 7 64 bit. This is second glitch have had. is there a way to restart a level 2 back out of this without restarting?

[Post New]by thenerdwonder on Mar 4, 12 3:13 PM
I've seen a couple bugs while playing this game.

1) The game decided to reset my save seemingly at random. I had finished for the night, next day my progress was gone. checked both my normal account and the administrator account I used to install the game, but no luck (I hate that installing requires admin access...)

2) I too have seen the "all my people stop moving" bug. All my buildings still produce, but none of the people do anything. Even if I move them around with the hand of god, they stay stuck. Makes it impossible to continue in the game since my builders won't build. This happened sometime after completing the "find the soldiers" task and "build a road to your hall" tasks.

3) The tutorials can leave you in a state where you can't continue. I got the "this is how you upgrade stuff" screen fade-out just before a task finished, covering up the school Jupiter wanted me to upgrade and closing the building info window. Since I couldn't click the upgrade button, I couldn't drop the tutorial fade-out; and the fade-out stopped me from closing the "task finished" window.

I'm on Win7 64-bit, using a non-administrator account.

The game is fun, but these bugs have forced me to stop playing it.

arikc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Cannot run on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

[Post New]by arikc on Mar 4, 12 8:43 PM
I get an error "The program needs video hardware supported Direct X 8.0 or higher version".

I know that I have DX10.1 support on this machine.

Thanks for looking into this.

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Mar 5, 12 7:49 PM
To all, I have windows 7 64 bit Laptop, had several glitches, with placing a temple over draining boards, than game froze completely, turned computer off, back on went to tech issues, read "Aero Settings, Personalize, Basic and High contrast themes, select one." I did this band it took my beautiful desktop wallpaper, but the game unfroze immediatly, and the temple turned green in several spots, played much smoother, until today,.......I clicked on 'Play Now' from the game manager, got this message,...."Access Violation at 0x005F265 (Tried to write to 0x0090FFc) program terminated."

I payed for the game Big Fish!!! I won it yesterday, was just gonna landscape my village, sob, Also got the same message from my desktop Icon. Great game when it plays!!! lol Angel2

[Post New]by thenerdwonder on Mar 5, 12 9:36 PM
I've hit the "autosell all your extra food" bug.

I have a population of 85, max support of 90. My fish, cabbage, cheese, and bread production are all in the green. I've maxed out my storage on bread and every other foodstuff autosells its entire stock. Even pulling it out of the bulidings with the hand of god autosells.

Edit:
Did some more experimentation and food is REALLY buggy. I'll hand-of-god fish out of the water and it gets added to my stock of bread or cheese. It almost looks like it's triggered by hitting max storage one of your food stuffs.

Edited on 03/06/2012 at 4:51:23 PM PST

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Mar 6, 12 9:14 PM
OK!, When I got that strange "Access Violation' yesterday, I failed to notice that my laptop, wasn't plugged in, like I thought it was, it was using up battery power, (sheepish grin) once I plugged it in, no more " access violation " sorry for any mix up. Angel2

[Post New]by Jodylec on Mar 7, 12 6:29 AM
Is anybody else having problems with the Stone mines producing stone late on in the game, when I click on them it comes up not producing stone and not using any food, I had to use the hand of god mana to get enough stone

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Mar 7, 12 6:01 PM
thenerdwonder talked about when Jupiter is explaining how to update and one pop-up covers the other one so you can't see where the update button is to click on it and you can't continue until you do so. You can't see it, but you can still click on it. Just keep clicking until you hit the right spot. The update button is the only thing that clicking will affect at that point, so you don't have to worry about hitting the wrong thing.

[Post New]by wonton27 on Mar 8, 12 1:17 PM
SierraNV wrote:I've played several times and will max out at 20,000 gold points. It usually happens after a gain in civilization points. Number of upgraded banks, markets, barns, etc. will not change the main screen total even though the market page reflects sales going over 20,000. Free gold is not being counted either. Still fun to play, but I would like to see how much I can get from trading etc. before winning the game.

Me too! I have actually finished the game (I'm a GOD now!) but the max storage on gold seems to be 20,000. I built more banks and barns to see if that would raise capacity, but it doesn't. Is this game really new? I'm really surprised by the lack of documentation on it on the interwebs.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Cannot run on Windows 8 Consumer Preview

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 8, 12 4:12 PM
arikc wrote:I get an error "The program needs video hardware supported Direct X 8.0 or higher version".

I know that I have DX10.1 support on this machine.

Thanks for looking into this.

Hi arikc,

Even if you already have a higher version of Direct X, I'd encourage you to reinstall the latest version just to make sure that everything installed properly. For more information, please refer to the following help article:

Error 126

If you continue to receive this error message, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Sassafras3 on Mar 10, 12 2:50 AM
Like a number of others, all my workers have frozen around the same time as the Flying Saucer/Victorius soldier-collecting mission. I can't build anything because it says all my workers are busy. I can't collect the soldiers for the same reason. Resources still accumulate, but nothing is triggering the workers to move.

To put a game up for sale that contains so many reported bugs is ridiculous and disrespectful. I will be requesting a refund on this game unless an update that fixes the bugs is made available very soon. I was enjoying it, but don't want to have to replay from the beginning because of lazy development.

Go to: