GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Reviews for All My Gods

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Feb 28, 12 4:53 AM
I was quite frustrated with the lack of good games over the past weeks and so this came just at the right time. It starts of a bit slow and I thought it would be just one more of the good but similar "build up a town" games.

Still, it turned out to be nicely different. First, I quite like the humour that occasionally shows in the Gods' comments. The graphics are delightful as well - nicely done and also humorous.

One gets different tasks, but it's not just "build this, upgrade this, collect this", there is a nice variety of things to do. It doesn't stay as slow as it starts, especially when there are several tasks to fulfill, so that's good as well. You have the chance (and actually the task) to research things which enables you to build more advanced buildings, which is another nice aspect that makes this game different.

The only tiny little thing that could have been improved was that some things were not explained sufficiently in the tutorial. For example in the beginning I didn't realize that only a certain number of resources could be stored, which lead to me wasting some rewards. Still, it's a minor issue in an otherwise great game. Definite buy!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 28, 12 6:08 AM
Absolutely beautiful and charming game. Great strategy game and for me and definete buy

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Feb 28, 12 6:45 AM
"SATISTICS"? That's the word that shows up on all three screen shots on the download page for this game. What kind of QA did this game have?

chaleur
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by chaleur on Feb 28, 12 10:13 AM
I really loved this game. In fact, there are a couple of things in it I don't see in time management games very often, and would like to see more of.

The first is that unlike many time management games, it's not divided into levels, so I don't feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over again. Once I build my cabbage fields, I get to keep them.

The risk with that in many games is that if you build your cabbage fields in the wrong place, when you don't know what you're doing, you end up making later progression impossible. This game has an answer for that too! For a small cost, you can move your structures around after you place them.

A+++++

There are a couple of things that could be improved. For example, when moving a structure, you can't scroll the screen. This can be particularly annoying later in the game, when there is no place to drop it in the built-up part of your city. You have to do some juggling.

Also, when I had a foot shortage once, my workers kept going on strike, and the only instruction I got was to use the magic god hand to make them go back to work. I didn't even realise I had a food shortage, and didn't connect that the strikes were a result of that shortage.

Otherwise, awesomeness. I will recommend this game to my friends, and I am already ready for a sequel!

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Feb 28, 12 3:26 PM
really like this cute little game.. reminds me of the older Settler's games a little.. it's too short of course, but that seems to be the case with all games i become 'addicted' to..

yes please, more games like this!!! less of the gloomy HO/ADV games, more of these! especially with no timer..

[Post New]by newkitty on Feb 28, 12 5:35 PM
I have been waiting for a TM or Strategy Game for a while now after RE2. I am not really into the HO games which seem to be on overload that the moment.

It's a sweet little game but I found during the trial it was a little confusing with all the "gods" popping up to give me orders..lol

I purchased it and I am glad in one way I did, not so glad in another. The hours just fly by when playing it...is the bad point...

Apart from that, I am enjoying it. That said, I am craving some new "dash" games and also would really like to see a new Virtual Villagers game come out.

C'mon BFG!! If you want me to fill in my punch card, please put up games I want to play and own.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 28, 12 6:16 PM
I originally played the demo when it came out on the developer's site. I waited for it to come out on Big Fish for a couple of reasons. One was because even if I were not a game club member it would still be cheaper and the other was because when I tried to purchase another game from the developer my banked blocked my purchase. I've since played it twice through. The first time I played to play and the second time was with the express purpose of earning all of the awards. With the second it took a lot longer, but was still fun. The thing is you can play it any way you want. You can take as much time as you want to fulfill the tasks set before you so, in part, you have control of the length of the game.

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Feb 29, 12 12:06 PM
Loved this game!!!!! Anymore like it?

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Feb 29, 12 12:34 PM
chaleur wrote:
There are a couple of things that could be improved. For example, when moving a structure, you can't scroll the screen. This can be particularly annoying later in the game, when there is no place to drop it in the built-up part of your city. You have to do some juggling.

When moving a building, use the arrow keys. You can then move around the entire landscape and the cursor will hold the building until you place it.

I'm enjoying this game. The free style building, strategy, research and various tasks reminds me of some commercial city builders I've played over the years, but on a much smaller scale. It's refreshingly different from other casual builders and hopefully there will be more games like this.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Feb 29, 12 4:40 PM
This is a one shot game. Virtually no replay value for me.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Feb 29, 12 7:29 PM
enjoyed the demo - but don't feel compelled to use a credit for it ... not sure exactly why - maybe it's the feel of endless challenges rather than completing a level and moving to the next ... i also enjoy the challenge of completing a level within a "gold" time

would be interesting to know how the game ends ... but not worth a credit ... the last game i bought that had this "endless" kind of new tasks was virtual farm 2 which just wrapped around and not only didn't end but it then just kept popping up the original tasks again - not willing to take a chance that this will do the same or something similar

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Mar 3, 12 4:15 AM
A Strategy game, rather than a Time Management one.
The demo may not give you the true idea of what you are buying, if you expect a TM game.
IMO, not worth the full price .. poor re-play value and you can easily skip paying almost anyone and still finish the game .. meh imo.

[Post New]by michaella_apoel on Mar 4, 12 3:43 AM
i purchased this game and i've just finished playing it.
i think it was overall a good and enjoyable game, although perhaps not the best we've seen so far. at least it was not HO. i'm not sure whether i would have bought it if i didn't have enough credits to get it for free, as there was no woh factor but, having said that, it is not bad at all.
one thing i didn't like was that by the end of the game there seemed to be less and less challanges. and as soon as i reached the 20,000 gold cap, fullfilling huge cabbage orders did not seem just as rewarding. also a lot of what was going on was depending on the mana rather than the player.
on the positive side i actually think it capture the mythical dimension of the whole story well. i happen to be quite familiar with ancient greek and roman mythology and i think that the behaviour of the gods was the right one- it would have been very easy to get it wrong for somebody that hasn't read their mythology. on the other hand, more gods could have been involved and more challanges added.
generally speaking i liked the game, graphics and sounds and that's why i bought it. we should be given more options in the strategy and TM tabs in this site. it seems that there are many enthusiasts and very few games to offer them

[Post New]by lorione on Mar 4, 12 4:42 PM
I tried it, I liked it and I purchased it. Enjoyed it so much I wish there was another one. It is really nice to have a strategy game! Give us more. Thanks Big Fish!

rbusran
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rbusran on Mar 5, 12 1:47 AM
cherbtoo wrote:In a nutshell this game is

F A N T A S T I C

As with the Island Tribe games these graphics are beautifully drawn and all the different buildfings look delightful .

The object of the game is to prove yourself worthy of succeeding your father Saturn when he retires. To do this you have to build a town and meet the requests of the people and other gods along the way while trying to avoid the wrath of another one ... you won't like him when he gets angry .

The best things about this game are ...

It is untimed
There are enough different buildings to keep me happy including a bank
Variety of requests from other citizens or gods
You can landscape and make your town prettier
The size of the playing area is expandable and new areas open up as you fulfil tasks

I have to confess that I have been typing this for a couple of hours because I keep sneaking back to play a bit more inbetween sentences .

This game was definitely well worth the wait and if you like strategy building games then this is the game for you.

Cherb

ETA ... forgot to mention about the size of the playing area.

...MORE GAMES LIKE THIS PLEASE DEVS & BFG ...

rbusran
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by rbusran on Mar 5, 12 1:48 AM
SUPER AGREE! GREAT GAME-----More like this PLEASEEEEEE!!!!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Mar 6, 12 9:47 AM
I agree with the fantastic reviews Cherb, Daisy & others have given this game. It does start off a little slowly & it's a bit confusing, but if you stick with it--the pace definitely picks up. I'm a TM player, so for me I would have loved some time challenges--there are a few minor ones-but there are no penalties if you don't want to do them. There is definitely strategy involved in figuring out how to pass the goals.
Also when the evil gods try to get money from you--you can just ignore them & you will just need to put out some fires or fix some buildings when they attack your village.
I love how you start off with one screen & then various new screens open up as you fulfill your goals. The artwork is beautiful & the storyline is very cute. It's pretty long gameplay--I played most of yesterday & a little of today to complete all the goals--probably 6-8 hours-& you can continue to play & rearrange the town & complete all the award goals if you wish or start again as a new player & revise your strategy. Imo, this is one of the better games I have bought in a long time.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Mar 7, 12 2:35 AM
A great and fun little game. I have yet to be disappointed by any game coming out of **** Studios.

I found myself unable to stop playing it. I wanted to see what would happen next. There were challenges to overcome, quests to fulfill and it kept you entertained.

The cut scenes were done in such a different way, with almost a paper cut out feel, that I truly enjoyed.

It took me over 8 hours start to finish...probably closer to 9, which I think is more than adequate for a game.

Very pleased with this one. Good job, **** Studios and Big Fish Games.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Mar 7, 12 3:11 PM
WOW!

I've been very disappointed by several games recently, but not this one. It is GREAT. I'd nominate it for game of the year. This proves it is possible to do a casual strategy game that is NOT time management. I knew when cherbtoo loved it and said there was no timer that this was one I would buy, but I never expected it to be this good.

Most sim/strategy games require you to constantly give commands to all your sims. As the population grows, the game ceases to be strategy and becomes how fast can you click and drag. In this game, although you CAN give commands to individual sims, you can also play the entire game without ever dragging a sim. They even have sense enough to put out fires on their own.

A word about timers. Sometimes you get optional quests. If you don't want to do them, they eventually disappear so they don't clutter your task list. A timer shows how long before they disappear, but the timer doesn't require action on your part. Also gods may give you a task where you choose option A or B. You have a certain amount of time to choose option A, then it defaults to option B. I found option B was usually more fun. At no time does the player have to do something in a particular amount of time.

I loved that moving buildings was virtually free, so you could rearrange things to get the look you want. I've played the game four times now, and each town looks completely different. I'm off to play again. WOW. What a great game! I want MORE.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Mar 8, 12 10:20 PM
I had quit my bfc membership due to financial and most of the games I do not enjoy. This one I do!! It reminds me a great deal like Zeus, I have not played it much but it is fun like this!

This game I can see myself beating and replaying just for fun and trying new things such as perfect placement things like that along with completing everything.

I demoed it for about 15 minutes before using my last game credit.Are there any other games on here like this

I really enjoyed it!

Go to: