MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Syberia - Part 1

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 28, 12 1:03 AM
poppy85 wrote:
MsFreddie wrote:Try the link while it's still there marie

If it does still work it will get pulled soon.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4665/syberia/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

It's been pulled!!!! I'm sooooooooo shocked! con merchants

Absolutely shocked and from me posting that to now... full game has been pulled. Worked when I did look half an hour earlier. So sorry I warned bfg it was still available as a whole game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 28, 12 1:05 AM
Click on "Try this game" above. It's just worked for me.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 28, 12 1:05 AM
My issue is not with the distributor or developer.

My issue is with the game club I pay $6.99 every month with a promise of a new game every day!

We already have 2 games a week repeated in the form of SE when a CE version is out-

If BFG cannot find a new game to put out they should change their promise to members.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 28, 12 1:08 AM
Mr_Russ, "try the game" above leads to the part 1 and not to the full game

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 28, 12 1:10 AM
I'm sorry. Anuman Interactive is butchering its games for the iphone again.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 28, 12 1:11 AM
Mr_Russ, that's Syberia1 part1

See the annoucement of the mod below

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/201539.page

Strange ... I've seen your previous post about Syberia part 1 and Syberia part 2 and it disappeared

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 1:15:51 AM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Feb 28, 12 1:13 AM
Guess Part 3 is going to be the Syberia III vaporware that's been long rumored and never surfaced. Feel especially bad for Benoit Sokal who seems to be screwed over on this one.

This is kinda sad since both original recipe Syberia I & II are exceptional games. I better redownload to my new computer before someone changes their minds about keeping it available for those who have already bought.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 28, 12 1:18 AM
you can buy syberia at low cost in every site of discount which sell also games on CD!
in france we can find the 2 syberia in the same box for 7,66 euros(don't know how many dollars,but i think near by a CE price!)and you have the cd and can play every time you want!
i played syberiaI ten years ago and it is my best of best game i ever played!nothing has changed,and the game does not seems to age!
and i think i'm going to play it again,because of poor choice at BF

[Post New]by cora_gemini on Feb 28, 12 1:23 AM
a new game everyday?
do not be a liar, please.
now you can release the same game twice in two kinds of edition, then you split one game into two!
you do let me down!

[Post New]by cora_gemini on Feb 28, 12 1:24 AM
a new game everyday?
now you can release the same game twice in two kinds of edition, then you split one game into two!
you do let me down!

[Post New]by cora_gemini on Feb 28, 12 1:25 AM
a new game everyday?
you do let me down!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Feb 28, 12 1:49 AM
govegril wrote:My issue is not with the distributor or developer.

My issue is with the game club I pay $6.99 every month with a promise of a new game every day!

We already have 2 games a week repeated in the form of SE when a CE version is out-

If BFG cannot find a new game to put out they should change their promise to members.

I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way... in the past when I've said anything negative about the TGT being a rehashed old game in the form of an SE I usually get shot down. But this time they've gone too far. I get that it's hard to find a new game every day BUT that was big fish's choice of a motto... not ours. To leave it as that slogan now is REALLY false advertising.

I'm betting that if someone at big fish bought a "new" car and then found out it wasn't really new but just had an odometer rollback to 0 (and some of the seats removed ) they would feel differently about it... and this is the same thing. No matter how you qualify the word new it doesn't make it right.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 28, 12 2:14 AM
big fish trade mark is...""A New Game Every Day!"" Previous games released then cut down (CE to SE) or chopped into bits (Syberia) are new games?? Misleading advertising at best.... Never mind, only 5% or so of customers even come into the forums....

cedo
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by cedo on Feb 28, 12 2:20 AM
i just used the link provided by MsFreddie at 2am PST and it took me to the original Syberia download page where i purchased the entire game for 1 game credit...and then i promptly purchased Syberia 2 with a punchcard credit

for me, at least, they are both available...i got both for (in essence) $6.99

i DO think it is wrong to offer just PART of the game for $6.99 (or its equivalent in other currency) and offer the WHOLE game for the same price...i think that is taking advantage of those that do not realize one can buy it, here and elsewhere, in its entirety for a lesser amount

i have been considering giving up my membership recently, because i guess i am just a bit burned out on IHOGs and the like, and plan to spend all my gaming time playing Guilld Wars 2 as soon as it releases...7 years of play for approximately $70.00? why spend $7 dollars a month, when one can have that kind of enjoyment for about $10/year???

lol

i hope the management takes note of what consumers feel is very poor business practices

thank you to all the fishies for a great forum over the years, i did not post much but i read the forums every day

p.s. i have not been overly pleased with the strictness of the game forums of late, either...seems a bit heavy-handed, in my opinion, but i suppose that is just me

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Feb 28, 12 2:30 AM
I cannot believe they split up this game!! Its so beautiful all tied together. Who would want to pay triple the price for this when it used to be just 6.99 for the WHOLE game!! I was wondering why it disappeared and now I know why. Unbelievable. Luckily I had purchased Syberia 1 and 2 awhile ago although I still havent finished the second but heard there was a 3rd about to release at some point. Too bad it will probably be split into 3 chapters if brought out at all. Its really a disgrace to break apart an adventure game because its all pieced together to be magnificent and page turning and to get a proper ending not have to download and pay for the last part not to mention if its split you can never get fully immersed because once you do its already over. IF you are going to bring out some Large File adventures, can you release some new ones? and not this recycled garbage that is a rip off to loyal customers. Obviously BFG didnt have much of a choice as it was the distributor but still, how stupid do they think we are?

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 28, 12 3:14 AM
I did the same as cedo as advised by MsFreddie and successfully got both for a couple of coupons. Thanks, MsFreddie

I also tried this new one, and there are some differences. Basically, the new chopped-up one offers a little more hand-holding, but that's about it. And since there is now a handy blog walkthrough it really makes no difference to me----certainly not triple the money difference.
So if you've put off getting this one, grab it with the link provided by MsFreddie while you can!

ETA----just tried the link again and it's still ok!

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 3:18:10 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 28, 12 3:30 AM
Syberia #1 has been fragmented. I'm sure it makes sense from seller's point of view, but from a buyer's point of view, not so much.

Luckily, I already purchased both #1 and #2 complete games on a combo disk from a major online retAiler that sells everything, including the kitchen sink.

As BigFish continues down their path, I have adapted accordingly. Something about when a door closes, a window opens.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Feb 28, 12 3:44 AM
I agree with the remarks here, this is a sham to get more money for an old game.

I do not post a lot, but I do read the reviews (or what use to be called reveiws) for years, but this has put greed to a new level. So maybe 5% post, but many read the forums, not seeing a lot of people happy with this new way of selling.

Now I wonder what else I might of bought (without knowing) that was old or released as new for triple the price.

I guess the new customers they are refering to are ones who have money to burn, and like being duped.

This use to be the best game site, and had my full confidence, not any more. Sorry, BFG has a say in redistribution so I do not buy they have no say. Otherwise why would they try to silence the reviews both positive and negative in all games and why did they post damage control statements with this release (i.e. file size, really!, lol).

My point: I have never seen so many locks on the game forums as now.

They have a right to do what they want and so do I, an option I am now considering is leaving and going back to no club.

FYI: I have recommened this game site to many people that will not happen any more not when my reputation is on the line in recommending a now greedy company.

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Feb 28, 12 3:46 AM
Folks, just popping in to let you know that the link provided by Ms Freddie and mentioned by Cedo is still working as of 5:45am CST.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 28, 12 3:48 AM
i just have to say it would probably never be a syberia III,because of the benoit sokal 's production "white bird" has closed last year
alas,a game was in work,"aquarica" which will never be finished
but all the benoit sokal's games are on other sites at low prices because they are made in 2000,2002,2004 etc
amerzone
syberia 1,2
sinking island
paradise

Go to: