Reviews for Spooky Mall

1snooker1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Reviews for Spooky Mall

[Post New]by 1snooker1 on Feb 29, 12 9:46 PM
Great game! Fun, not too hard, great graphics and smooth play. A couple of glitches, but I bought it anyway. Well worth the $$$ - hope they get the glitches fixed soon!

[Post New]by aliciarose111 on Mar 1, 12 4:06 PM
I rejoined the Big Fish Club today after demo'ing this game. it's about darn time there's some TM games out.
LIKES1. I like that there's 5 different stores in the mall, not just new scenery but new products and layouts in each store. 2. I like that theres 20 levels per store but the next store opens after 15 levels or so. You don't HAVE to finish 1 store to start the next one. 3. I like that theres lots of upgrades, helpers, ghostly bonuses. 4. I was at level 10 of the 1st store when my hour was up, getting gold on each level. At that rate I'm thinking there's quite a bit of playtime still ahead.
DISLIKES 1. I wish I could choose the upgrades in the order I want them, not only the 2 or 3 that the dev's decided each level could offer. 2. There's sometimes a glitch when someone gets stuck and either they get mad and leave or they stand there and the level won't complete. Restarting a few times eventually seemed to solve the problems so far. it seems to have to do with the NPC's wishes popping up and my clicking on either the ? or refill shelf at the same time. It's all about the timing I think and usually I try to let the helper stock the shelf for that pesky person.
All that said, I'm really enjoying the game. I consider myself a TM fanatic and have to redo some higher levels to get expert. I've been wanting a brainless clicky game in either the store or diner setting as the country building games have gotten old for me lately.

[Post New]by missmary333 on Mar 2, 12 3:52 PM
I have also been waiting for a good TM game. I bought it and have been enjoying it. The butcher shop level 20 has a glitch that won't work itself out thought. Other than that great game. I hope to see more TM games soon.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Mar 2, 12 6:26 PM
enjoyed the demo - haven't bought any of the supermarket games before so this will be a nice addition to my game library

[Post New]by jeanbryant3 on Mar 6, 12 11:57 AM
I am on level 2 in the fish market...have encountered about 5-6 glitches where I had to restart the game to be able to pass the level. Level 20 on butcher shop will not let you finish due to man being "stuck" at chicken counter (which shows you still have a customer in the store). Can't fix that one even when I restart the game and after playing the same level about 10 times trying different things. Moved on to fish market...level 1 was fine but level two will not let me finish with a "perfect" store due to one customer leaving mad...even though none of them leave mad?!?!?! Love the game and bought it but I would love the glitches to be fixed so I can move forward. Not playing anymore until there is an update to fix these #waitingpatiently

[Post New]by jeanbryant3 on Mar 6, 12 11:58 AM
I am on level 2 in the fish market...have encountered about 5-6 glitches where I had to restart the game to be able to pass the level. Level 20 on butcher shop will not let you finish due to man being "stuck" at chicken counter (which shows you still have a customer in the store). Can't fix that one even when I restart the game and after playing the same level about 10 times trying different things. Moved on to fish market...level 1 was fine but level two will not let me finish with a "perfect" store due to one customer leaving mad...even though none of them leave mad?!?!?! Love the game and bought it but I would love the glitches to be fixed so I can move forward. Not playing anymore until there is an update to fix these #waitingpatiently

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 6, 12 1:46 PM
This game was fairly fun. I finished the demo and still wished I could play it. Would I spend a game credit immediately on this game? No. However, I will wait for this game to go on sale and then probably purchase it.

I'm not really clear why developers are so intent on "spooky" this and "haunted" that right now. To me, those games tend to pop up during Halloween. These types of games seem to be so specifically geared toward a seasonal appeal that I'm surprised they're popping up right now, at the beginning of Spring.

What about a game about flowers? Or about Easter Bunnies hopping about? Or birds flying the nest, learning to fend for themselves and fly and find food and seek shelter? Think Spring, Developers!

Overall, I'll probably end up purchasing this game, but I'll wait more than likely for it to go on sale.

Oh well.

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

[Post New]by michaella_apoel on Mar 6, 12 3:40 PM
overall this is a good quality TM game. if you liked supermarket mania u'll definately like it. there are some interesting features like the special characters and the many upgrades but i believe they could have gone one step further to differentiate it from supermarket mania. this is quite a fast game, it doesn't take too much time to finish each level, so although there are 100 of them, its not as time consuming as other TM games.
the problem with Spooky Mall is that it has too many technical issues, that does not allow it to run smoothly. had there not been these issues, i think i would have considered it one of the best TM games we've had in months. i really like the graphics and the speed that the characters move around is quite good. i think more rush hours could have been added. also it would have been better if all upgrades were available on the start of each shop, so the player could strategise on the order in which he/she would want to spend their money on. i also believe it would have been more interesting if it was slightely more challanging (its easy to earn gold with the exception of few levels u need to replay). but technical issues and minor setbacks aside, this is a good game and i made a purchase

sandyq1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by sandyq1 on Mar 7, 12 1:44 PM
I love TM games, the more challenging the better. With this one I stopped playing because it was too easy and too repetitive and I found myself board. It seemed to get easier the farther in the game you got. I actually had times where my character is just standing there waiting for shoppers to empty a shelf.

[Post New]by CleanN_Funny on Mar 11, 12 9:22 AM
PB2010 wrote:I quite enjoyed Supermarket Mania (but then I've learnt to love Farm Frenzy - with the exception of the last two) so I was pleased to see this out today as I've been hankering for something new.

What I liked -
1) the new and improved graphics.
2) the upgrades - having a limited choice.
3) Not having to clean and stock the shelves to get the bonus points (as per no. 1).
4) The hero & villain characters.

It's not a radical departure from the first two releases but there's enough change to keep me happy.

What I don't like:

The glitch I encountered at Level 20, the butchers.

Aside from that, a good enough TM

BFG: I've got a problem at Level 20 as well. The elderly gentleman parks himself at the chicken display, the question-mark upgrade vanishes, and i'm stuck having to jabber with him even though i'm fully upgraded and every display is completely stocked. i've been through this 4 times already and frustrated i can't get past it to advance to the next store. Help!

Edited on 03/11/2012 at 9:24:08 AM PST

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Mar 18, 12 8:57 PM
GLITCHY GAME!!! I am so bummed that I bought it before reading the reviews! I love that it is a cool new time management game, and fun, but not too fun when the glitches keep you from being able to play! Hope they fix this!

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Mar 18, 12 11:01 PM
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!! WAY too many glitches, and they don't seem to be fixing them!!!

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Mar 24, 12 8:05 AM
I purchased this game, it was very fun TM game and I like the "spooky" theme. It would have gotten great reviews if not for all the many bugs and glitches. It got the point of being so buggy for me that the game crashed several times and even froze up my entire laptop. I had no choice but to cold reboot the laptop and it had difficulty restarting thereafter. I know the game was the cause of this. I have since uninstalled the game as I do not want to be tempted to play it and be forced to cold reboot my laptop again. Too risky.

There are other TM games out there that are bug-free. It's a shame. I think this is the same game maker as the ones who made Supermarket Mania and SM2 and those were bug-free.

julesy

[Post New]by helenj167 on Mar 27, 12 2:46 PM
Games gets stuck on several levels finding it annoying as enjoying the game

Go to: