Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Mar 1, 12 5:27 PM
debbie1001 wrote:Found out the problem with the crate in the courtyard. You have to watch the full video in the cursioty shop both videos then go to the courtyard and watch a short video there and the crate will drop from the sky. Hope the helps.

I have to apologize about my previous rant..and debbie-- thank you. I reread what you had written and thought ok...went back to the video and found how to bring up the second video. Thanks so much for posting...& srry for my prior post..was just sooooo frustrated...off to play

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 1, 12 5:31 PM
Crystalscove22 wrote:
debbie1001 wrote:I too am having trouble with the crate not being there when I leave the curosity shop. Has anyone been able to find out what to do about this problem??? Help. Rest of the game is going good but now I'm stuck. Darn..... Hope to find a solution to this soon.

Sadly...I have no crate either. I have gone thru the stradegy guide step by step to make sure I havent missed anything...I cant find that I have...although the task menu from the map is instructing me to fix the video phone and call my boss..but I have no idea where the video phone is?? Probly in the crate!! I swear..I am so tired of getting into a game and not being able to continue. This was my plan for the evening, noone else home - house to myself - FINALLY it seemed I'd have a good CE to play...but alas! Not to be. How disappointing> and I'm sure it will be weks before the prblem is fixed...gggrrr

Just a note, this is the tech thread so you might want to start another thread if you need any more help. (you'll get more traffic so more likelihood of help)

spoiler

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/201845 see this thread for help.
you have to watch the TV in the curiosity shop twice for this to be triggered.
you should have watched someone doing a few things AND also (hit the right side button again on TV after you watch that) to get a second video - a masked man who is also a fellow detective. If you haven't watched that then you don't get the crate.

Edited on 03/01/2012 at 5:45:56 PM PST

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Mar 1, 12 8:21 PM
I've played the whole game and then got that "Access Violation" right at the end. Can't get into the extra game play. Is anyone having the same problem???

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Mar 1, 12 8:44 PM
I too am plagued with a "floaty" cursor. I am really enjoying the game and will probably buy it, despite the cursor issue. I have the other ones in the series and don't remember this happening. I have had the "floating" cursor in another game, but can't remember which one. Maybe there will be a 'fix' for this issue. Thanks, BF and devs. Fun game!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Mar 1, 12 8:52 PM
I am playing the bonus chapter, and have lost all 5 coins that I need for the mini-game in the curio shop. I collected them all, but instead of going into my inventory, they just literally flew off the screen!

I had no problems at all playing the main game (the Hints and SG are my very very good friends, lol), but now I have, sigh.

Has anyone else lost their coins in the bonus section? If so, did you find them again?

Jen

suze14
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by suze14 on Mar 2, 12 12:15 AM
after 11 min in demo game froze and had to use task manager to exit, when i re entered game same thing so have uninstalled not worth the hassle

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 2, 12 1:20 AM
Hi everyone,

Those of your experiencing a floaty cursor, game freezes or crashes, try disabling the custom cursor to see if the game performance improves. You can do so from the Options menu.

If that didn't help, you could check to see if you have any outstanding updates for some of the software on your computer. If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those of you losing items throughout the game, try double checking whether they're not somewhere hiding out in your inventory.

You could also give uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Mar 2, 12 6:37 AM
game froze after getting past two dogs. please fix and i will buy

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Mar 2, 12 8:45 AM
I also lost the coin for the phone booth ~ after I clicked on it it flew away and didn't go into my inventory.

Out of the last five games I've bought, four have had glitches in them like this that prevented further play. I'm getting so so so sick and tired, and disappointed. Games that are basically very good games but can't be finished seems to be the norm lately for BFG.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Mar 2, 12 10:34 AM
You didn't loose the coin. It fell between the cracks in the tile. When you get the ice pick, use it to pry up the tile and the coin will be underneath.

aenvit
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by aenvit on Mar 2, 12 12:18 PM
Is anyone else having a problem keeping the game open on your screen? I launch the game from the game manager and it opens and the immediately minimizes to my task bar. I can click on the icon in the task bar and it comes up, a few more seconds into the game, then minimizes again!! Very Frustrating - can't play the trial and won't buy it if I can't try it!!

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Mar 2, 12 12:32 PM
No haven't had that problem. Mine is that I played and finished the game yesterday, started a new one today, know getting "error: Access Violation" when trying to to open strategy guide and then game freezes. I have sent in a Dr. Felix report for this issue. Your is a different one, send in a Dr. Felix report or contact customer support.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Mar 2, 12 12:55 PM
says stregety guide is only available in full version

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 2, 12 2:22 PM
aenvit wrote:Is anyone else having a problem keeping the game open on your screen? I launch the game from the game manager and it opens and the immediately minimizes to my task bar. I can click on the icon in the task bar and it comes up, a few more seconds into the game, then minimizes again!! Very Frustrating - can't play the trial and won't buy it if I can't try it!!

Hi aenvit,

You may want to try making a few adjustments to your graphics settings and/or check for any updates available for your system to see if that helps. More information can be found in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Mar 2, 12 5:22 PM
Not sure if this is a glitch or if I'm doing something wrong. In the bonus game, I've got 3 light bulbs and I'm supposed to connect them to the light string in the ice hall, but there is no light string there to connect to. I've done everything necessary according to the guide, but I am just stuck now.

Has anyone had this problem?

jueh
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jueh on Mar 3, 12 1:49 AM
I have just bought this game and it won't install. When I click on install now nothing happens. Tried rebooting my new laptop, uninstalled the demo but nothing is happening. Any ideas please?

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Mar 3, 12 9:14 AM
deejae101 wrote:Not sure if this is a glitch or if I'm doing something wrong. In the bonus game, I've got 3 light bulbs and I'm supposed to connect them to the light string in the ice hall, but there is no light string there to connect to. I've done everything necessary according to the guide, but I am just stuck now.

Has anyone had this problem?

You need to click onto the icicles in the top right hand corner to get a close up, then you can attach the lights.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 3, 12 10:44 AM
Floaty cursors are often caused by resource hogs such as SMOKE, RAIN, AND FOG. I really really REALLY wish developers would STOP using those effects. Some developers use them in almost all of their games (a developer w/ a 3-letter name that starts with ee comes to mind) and I cannot play any of them on my 2003 PC due to the floaty cursor and serious lag time.

This is the first game from this developer which is giving me this problem and NOTE--SMOKE, FOG, And RAIN. Gee, could there be a connection???

Those effects are unnecessary and annoying anyway. Could developers who insist on having them, offer an option to turn them OFF for those of us w/ older machines or who simply do'nt want the resources used when we play??

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 3, 12 10:48 AM
jueh wrote:I have just bought this game and it won't install. When I click on install now nothing happens. Tried rebooting my new laptop, uninstalled the demo but nothing is happening. Any ideas please?

Mystery Trackers the Void and Raincliff CE, both of which I own, now do this when I try to install and play them on my older (2003) pc. CS could not fix the problem w/out going to "tier 2" help (which meant someone would connect to my PC virtually and I didn't like that idea). Oddly, both used to play on this same machine, but when I had to reinstall due to getting a new HD, they simply won't launch. Both do play on my new laptop so I'm surprised that you're using a new laptop and having this problem.

I think there is something glitchy in E----t games because they are the only games I've reinstalled onto my PC w/ the new HD that won't launch.

You could try writing to CS but good luck...they could not figure out why it was happening for me. I also wrote to E---T games but they ignored my email (typical).

Showalter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Showalter on Mar 3, 12 2:08 PM
Frequent freezing of game. Finally frozen and got error message. We b site explorer sent message saying was wrong with game.

Go to: