Re:Reviews for Luxor Evolved

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 18, 12 12:49 PM
Finally I get to play this game.. I couldn't play it on my laptop while in FL so tried it today on desktop and had no problems.. A good marble popper.. I will watch for this one when it's at a special price as don't think it's worth regular price.. A game of the past.. Not as good as the original..

Warbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Warbaby on Mar 23, 12 1:18 PM
Very enjoyable but....WHERE'S THE REST?

[Post New]by ephegenia on Mar 24, 12 12:53 PM
This is FUN!
I usually love Luxor but now it is EVOLVED. Love the bright lights and wild sounds.
When I saw pac man was totally laughing! Reminds me of reaxion! Great fun, but I did win after only 2 tries. Oh well, will play again just for the giggles!

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 12:54:29 PM PST

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Apr 8, 12 8:09 AM
The other Luxors were OK, this one is great. I really like the special effects. Buying this one and demo is not yet completed.

Refrenz
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Refrenz on May 14, 12 3:56 PM
I got this game from another site and absolutely love it except ... it's too short with only 8 stages (6 levels per stage). Older Luxor games had 12 or 13 stages if I recall. That's the only negative I can find with this game though.

My favourite Luxor has always been Luxor:Amun Rising until now, but with Evolved I now I have two favourite Luxor games. Here's what they've done ...

* Kept the fundamental Luxor gameplay we love.
* Given the graphics an early 1980s arcade game vector graphics makeover, complete with flickering vectors - a really nice touch.
* Added a brilliant soundtrack that has been heavily influenced by Daft Punk's TRON: Legacy.
* Added more powerups.
* Increased the game difficulty - you gotta be quicker with your marble popping to survive this one!

The more challenging gameplay, and audio/visual presentation really does make game feel amazing to play and when completing a level it feels like you have achieved something. This is a superb update to the Luxor franchise. I only hope they do Luxor Evolved 2!!!

zmbdog
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by zmbdog on May 19, 12 8:49 PM
This is the review I have on another site's download page:

"I've been addicted to this game since downloading it 2 days ago. I've never played a Luxor game before and normally am not too into this genre. But it looked interesting enough so I gave it a shot. The graphics are what really drew me too it and they look great, I love the "black-light poster" style. There's a few surprise stages that older gamers will love for sure. I'm not sure if there are any modes or play styles outside of the four difficulty levels. If not then that's a shame, but it's hard for me to complain when I can't stop playing."

Now that I've finished it the only downside is the lack of any other play modes or minigames. I've finished it on all four difficulty levels so there's really no reason for me to purchase it right now.

[Post New]by maddiesedai on May 21, 12 9:59 AM
This is absolutely the best Luxor EVER... and I have all the previous versions of this game. The retro-arcade look and techno music make for very entertaining game play. Completed "Normal" mode in less than 3 hours and loved the little surprise at the end. Will have to try the harder modes sometime. I know this is a game I'll be playing frequently!

Go to: