Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart technical issues here only

[Post New]by jesterwitch on Mar 8, 12 7:46 AM
Having the same problem in the dungeon.
It's frustrating to get all this way then have to restart the game. NO WAY!!!

gjift
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by gjift on Mar 8, 12 12:29 PM
crickets52 wrote:Have an issue in the Countess Bedroom (with the spiders). The dresser is supposed to allow me to find a roll of tape but after clicking on the book to get the spider page, it will not allow me to open to the dresser again so I am not able to get the tape. When I click on the hint button, it indicates I have something to do at the dresser but does not open the window to the dresser. Anyone else have this problem?

I am having the same problem. I cannot go any further. Did get the problem resolved? Help!

Thanks

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 12:31:46 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 8, 12 3:17 PM
Hi fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are experiencing the same troubles in the dungeon after picking up the paper.

If you haven't already, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this will require you to start over from the beginning.

If neither of those tips help, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we can gather about the types of systems that are being affected by this issue, the better the chances will be of us being able to fix it.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on this issue, we'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by Linda747 on Mar 9, 12 10:37 AM
I'm also stuck in the dungeon. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same problem.

Calzephyr
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Screen resolution problems :-(

[Post New]by Calzephyr on Mar 11, 12 6:48 AM
Howdy fishies,

When I play this game full screen, everything looks a little crunchy and the image quality isn't that great. Widescreen is grayed out, so I can't choose that as an option. I followed the screen resolution problem solver that was linked to in another post, but the highest my monitor will go up to is 1024x780. I can play in a window, but then it becomes so small. Any ideas? TIA!

sophish48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sophish48 on Mar 11, 12 10:01 AM
gheudi wrote:I am currently in Chapter 5 and in the dungeon. When I reached this point, I stopped playing. Today, I went back to the game, but there is nothing to do there. I read the walkthrough and apparently what should happen is a HO scene, but nothing shows - even the hint button says there's nothing to do. If I remove then reinstall the game will I lose my progress?

I am at the same point...I have uninstalled & reinstalled the game but it's still happening! Can't go anywhere as it's completely stuck at this point.

Chapter 5 (?) Dungeon

[Post New]by AimMicEm11 on Mar 13, 12 4:11 PM
After being noticed by the two Vladdemires (sp) I was put into the dungeon and I can't do anything. I can move my curser, hear the music, but I cannot pick up anything that the walkthrough tells. I hit hint and it just said that there is nothing to do here.

I did the suggestion of updating my graphics, even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Same problem.

[Post New]by peggysue822 on Mar 13, 12 5:54 PM
I too am having trouble at the family tree. I have all nine portraits but it keeps telling me I need more portraits. Is this a glitch or what. Kind of frustrated at this point.... any suggestions?

[Post New]by Mrs_Miggins on Mar 14, 12 7:38 AM
crickets52 wrote:Have an issue in the Countess Bedroom (with the spiders). The dresser is supposed to allow me to find a roll of tape but after clicking on the book to get the spider page, it will not allow me to open to the dresser again so I am not able to get the tape. When I click on the hint button, it indicates I have something to do at the dresser but does not open the window to the dresser. Anyone else have this problem?

I had almost the identical problem, except that I actually got everything I needed, but the hint button (and the map) kept telling me I needed to do something at the dresser and it wouldn't open. I kept checking back throughout the game and the hint and map continued to say I had something at the dresser. Completed the game with no problems, so apparently I really didn't need anything at the dresser.

[Post New]by mel588 on Mar 18, 12 9:21 AM
I'm stuck in the dungeon as well....

DeVanders
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by DeVanders on Mar 18, 12 10:16 AM
Mrs_Miggins wrote:

I had almost the identical problem, except that I actually got everything I needed, but the hint button (and the map) kept telling me I needed to do something at the dresser and it wouldn't open. I kept checking back throughout the game and the hint and map continued to say I had something at the dresser. Completed the game with no problems, so apparently I really didn't need anything at the dresser.

Thank you Mrs Miggins! This just happened to be the best advice for me. After reading your post, I too finished the game without needing anything from the dresser. In the map it still showed the exclamation mark, but I consider that as a mistake in the game now.

[Post New]by jeff_g88 on Mar 18, 12 5:34 PM
I am stuck in the Dungeon also, hope there is a fix for this soon.

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Mar 20, 12 6:42 AM
I'm having the dungeon issue as well, cannot do anything at all. I was only saying to someone last night that the Curse of the Opera game had a glitch which meant you couldn't continue, and I hoped this game didn't. Don't think I'll be buying any more Nightfall Mysteries games, as this is obviously a common problem. Tried uninstalling the Opera game and re-playing, but hit the same glitch so don't know if I can be bothered with this one. Really rather annoyed.

[Post New]by dozeydee on Mar 21, 12 3:16 PM
l am stuck in dungen to l am gettin realy cross and upset might give up

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Mar 22, 12 11:17 AM
My problem is with the INVENTORY. The inventory squares go blank as if there is nothing there. Sometimes it is one or two and sometimes it is almost all of them . Fortunately the name of the item appears, but it gets old having to scan the names just to get to an item you need. What's up with that?? Sometimes when you "find" a new item and it should be in the center of your screen telling you what you have "found", there may be a very brief whisper of letters describing what you have "found". I have to check the blank squares in inventory to see what it is that I have "found". What a strange way to play the game Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a cure? Technical people - where are you??? Are you hiding in the lost inventory squares?? Please respond. Thanks, safarinow

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 1:48:17 PM PST

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Mar 25, 12 5:32 PM
I too am having the problem with the dungeon..can't do anything..has anyone got a fix for this yet? This is the 2nd game I have had trouble with in the last 2 weeks. Had just give up on the other one..really don't want to do that with this one!

[Post New]by southerndrawl66 on Mar 26, 12 3:08 PM
Okay, well, if the tech issue can't be resolved then can you please direct me to a phone number or e-mail I can use to get a refund? Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help with the dungeon issue.
At this point, I don't have the time or the inclination to play it through a third time to try. I would like my money back.

Cairobat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Cairobat on Mar 27, 12 8:50 PM
What screen resolution should this game be played on? I have a large, wide screen with a recommended resolution of 1920 x 1080 and this game looks HORRIBLE on it. It's nearly unplayable. I'm playing it on a lower resolution, and it looks okay, but I'd really prefer to use the whole screen. This is the only game I've ever had a problem with.

[Post New]by beckyblw on Mar 31, 12 8:00 PM
I am stuck trying to get the drawer handle. I was not given the chance for the puzzle at the crib. I've done all of the work at the crib and it won't reopen.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Apr 1, 12 11:45 PM
Mrs_Miggins wrote:

Thank you Mrs M! i have been driving miss daisy crazy looking for a way to get back tothe dresser, worried that something vital to game completion is there. good to know i can stop obsessing over that particular issue right now. on to find the next missing ??? i love these forums and people like you who are kind enough to help the rest of us. play on!

Go to: