qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

Re:Reviews for Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 28, 12 6:58 AM
this game was just ok for me. a few too many h.o.s, too much running around a map would have been nice

CndnPhoenix
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by CndnPhoenix on May 27, 12 3:13 AM
Very nice graphics.

Super-easy game, tho. Unoriginal puzzles so far - I am half way thru.

Really only two levels.
(All the third one does is take the hint button away, as if we are incapable of choosing, all on our own, not to use it.)

Seems like a longish game, and there is a map.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Nov 6, 12 8:42 AM
this is a very delightful game, we recommend this game to all.------------doug & lisa

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 17, 13 12:22 PM
I'm surprised this is less than a year old as it looks so much older with the graphics. It is typical fare, darkish storyline (at end) nothing new re plot, or gameplay and this game I will not remember. It's not bad at all and I liked most of it, it's just about average but the graphics let it down. I love the type of graphics they are trying to do - clear and sharp but it just looks old.

There are three modes of play which thankfully you can change midgame. I thought the choices were weird as if you don't want sparkles you have to play with no skip or hint button which is hardcore and that's daft, you should be able to play with no sparkles in middle mode. The hardcore still has auto tips on puzzles and black bar tips which is bad.

There is no transporter map, just a map in the journal which annoying sparkles when it's updated. The map does have "i" on it when you can do something in an area. More at the end there is a fair bit of backtracking but it's about medium and not excessive.

There is voiceover but the characters are static in the dialogue scenes but move in the cutscenes.

There are 15 tapes you find in the game (like the last game in the series) but these are obvious and not collectables like how you think collectables are as they are obvious, you can play them in your diary and can do things while you are listening which is good. I do like them as it is a bit different.

I felt the plot was all tied up at end of game and I wasn't missing out on anything.

30 HOS

All list, mildly interactive. There is a random click penalty. I thought they were bad purely because of the very faint or hard to see with some items and most of this is due to the graphics. About half of them I'd put in the junk pile realm.
You have to replay most of them - so most HOS you have to play twice. There are no sparkles on the HOS which is good but it's annoying that on hardcore you have to keep checking on the HOS to see if you have to replay them. If they didn't repeat them it would solve the problem!

14 PUZZLES

Most were easy a couple weren't but one was just pure fiddly to do. Most were well known - pieces on rings to make a picture, move things up and down - get a green light when in right position, slide to exit.

I did like most of them but it all got a bit boring.

tbc

Edited on 01/17/2013 at 12:25:29 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 17, 13 12:24 PM
continued

It's not a bad game, but for today I feel it's just slightly below average but it's certainly worthwhile playing for a DD and I think most would enjoy it. I know I play too many of these games as it's just melding in with the crowd, plot at end been done so many times.

I do prefer less HOS and at least the same amount of puzzles but if you like quite a few HOS and not so much the puzzles then it's a good enough same old game and I got about 4hrs 30mins out of it on hardcore.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 13, 13 4:40 AM
feenix2011 wrote:I had fun with this game. Except for the overly dramatic voices on the "baddies" and toward the end, way too many HOS, I really had no complaints about this game. I thought the hint button was great! It took like 5 seconds to recharge. Never came across that before. The map was helpful as far as showing where there were still tasks to be done, but you couldn't jump from place to place. All in all, I had a good time.

feenix

The skip button refilled very quickly, too. I like that.

addieh wrote:I liked this game better than the first one. As always I played it twice, and it's always better the second time around.
Graphics were clear, HOS scenes were great and the characters were from the first game so it all tied in.

Upon playing it the second time, I got bored very quickly, but that's me... I don't understand the appeal of playing a game more than once.

Edited on 07/13/2013 at 4:51:11 AM PST

Go to: