Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grave Mania: Undead Fever

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 6, 12 4:53 AM

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 4:47:53 PM PST

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Mar 6, 12 9:00 AM
Are you serious????? Who wants to play with death???? Not I....Games are suppose to be fun and not depressing. I think whoever made this game just went a little to far. I will not be buying this game. I don't want to bury anyone or prepare them for death.. I don't care if it is only zombies...Bad Bad Bad

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 6, 12 11:37 AM
A game about embalming and burying people??? What are these developers smoking when they come up with this garbage???

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Mar 6, 12 11:38 AM
Best "exclusive" time management game to come out on Bigfish in a long time. Zombies don't bother me whatsoever. Like others said, gameplay is similar to the Sally's Salon series. Kudos to Bigfish for publishing an excellent game and keeping it in beta until it was ready.

If you like time management games where you are placing characters at different stations and Zombies don't offend you, I can't see how you could go wrong with Grave Mania. It is well polished and it's also quite original.

Also, if you are looking for a relaxed expererience, you have the option from the beginning to not have a timer-good for people who have arthritis or who don't like to feel pressured to achieve a goal while playing a game.

*Something important-When you actually purchase the game, you download additional content and you have to create a new player profile. I played the first 6 levels, decided I liked it, then purchased it.

You can please some of the people all of the time but you can't please all of the people some of the time.

9 out of 10

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 6, 12 1:40 PM
This is a no buy for me. First of all, the game froze before the 10th level. And I love Tim Burton and his sense of humor...but this was beyond morbid. It was just plain old fashioned ghoulish. I don't mind the mania type of games, but this one just didn't hold any appeal for me at all.

Oh well.

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Mar 6, 12 4:18 PM
bookwriter wrote:[removed by moderator]

Amen. I'm an avid TM fan and I couldn't stand this. It's disgusting.

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 4:48:48 PM PST

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Mar 7, 12 2:46 AM
I am not a fan of Sally's Salon (Spa?) as I dislike drag and drop games but I bought this one just because of subject matter. I think it's pretty hilarious and wanted to support the developers.

So, of course, I'm less than thrilled with game play--in some parts. That's to be expected but I will be more specific (more so than "this is disgusting!"--I mean, really, how many times can we play in a kitchen?).

First off, after I purchased the game I had to restart from the beginning. And I was already at level 11. That's a bummer, but I played much better the second time so okay. Plus, it's now holiday season in Russia and my work is done for the week.

Level 10 is when it became really frustrating for me. (Not the first time around, oddly.) Although I had helpers, everyone needed MY help. So my helpers were useless, except for cleaning. I had biting zombies all over the place. I eventually got through (with Expert--I should caveat with "I always play for Expert in timed mode with sound off") but I think that was kind of dumb luck rather than any strategy.

Level 13 I ran into the same frustration. My (now three) helpers were useless, except for cleaning. Everyone wanted the "bone-realigining service" and I just couldn't keep up. I noticed, too, that I could not rack up money to buy upgrades. The first time, though I scored over 3000, I only had 1093 to spend on upgrades. The second time through I had 1400 and change. The third time through? Also 1400+. It's a losing gambit.

I know you're supposed to chain things (as per usual) but when customers all come in slightly half-angry to begin with, you have only two (fully-upgraded) bone-alignment chairs and three useless helpers, it is hard to keep up.

I'm tired of cutesy kitchen games (except for Bistro Boulevard! When is BB2 coming out? I still play that over and over) so this is a welcome break. I am a TM dog and not above bones.

Edited on 03/07/2012 at 2:47:03 AM PST

[Post New]by jk2the4th on Mar 7, 12 4:19 AM
Loving this game so far! I will admit to a bit of a love affair with zombies, so perhaps I'm a bit biased. These zombies were drawn to be cute and funny, very much not disgusting or scary. The gameplay is already familiar since I'm an avid TM game player, but that doesn't mean it isn't challenging.

I was also surprised to see that my demo didn't save my progress, but luckily I had only done the first set of levels before I knew I had to buy the game.

In short, those not buying the game because they think it's disgusting are really missing out on a cute game. I haven't been grossed out once yet and have actually giggled instead.

[Post New]by Garysgrl on Mar 7, 12 10:21 AM
This is a really funny game ! If your not interested in the zombie theme, that's fine, but you are missing out on a fun, frustrating and humorous TM game ! My husband was laughing watching me play !! I'm a little befuddled by the scoring, doesn't seem quite like the Dash games with chaining, but that's not stopping me from playing my second play through.

[Post New]by genuinelove30 on Mar 8, 12 1:06 PM

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 4:49:08 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 8, 12 1:45 PM
This is actually a cute TM game. I played part of the demo, but then removed it from my game manager. I guess it is because I'm not in the mood for it's theme right now... attended too many real life funerals in recent months, one being just yesterday. Sooo, not for me right now. Maybe later. I'm just all deathed out for the time being. Otherwise, it is a cute game, though not the best compared to others
out there regarding challenge and graphics.

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Mar 8, 12 5:16 PM
TM games are my favorite. And since I manage a cemetery (no kidding, that is what I do) this game is perfect for me. It is fun, the graphics are cute, the story is so funny. I give it a big thumbs up. thumbs up

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Mar 8, 12 5:16 PM
TM games are my favorite. And since I manage a cemetery (no kidding, that is what I do) this game is perfect for me. It is fun, the graphics are cute, the story is so funny. I give it a big thumbs up. thumbs up

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Mar 8, 12 6:11 PM
I was just getting into the game when it locked up. I had to delete finally after the 3 crash. I wanted to like it. I might try later if they fix it,

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Mar 9, 12 4:14 AM
GM is a great little game, I found it a tad on the short side and wanted more when I completed it (I'm now going thru it again to score 'perfects' on each level). The characters are appealing, the music is spot on, the use of finger puppets to tell the story made me laugh as did the story itself.
TBH I can't see where the complaints about a game with a 'death' theme are coming from - I see heaps of HOGs on this site all to do with far darker and more morbid themes, this game is so cartoony and stylised as to avoid being depressing and distasteful. Personally I got more enjoyment from 'preparing' these dead/undead(?) for their final resting place than I do from indulging the spoiled, impatient character types in other games of this ilk.
GM is a winner for me and I hope I get to join Bonnie and Johnny on another similar venture in the future.

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Mar 9, 12 4:20 PM
For I think probably the first time in my life I think I am going to run this game thru on the relaxed level then come back to the time management. All the drugs the doctors have me on I think have slowed me down to much LOL. I love the game but it picked up so fast that by the third section I already can't keep up. Not so happy to find out that my experts aren't so good since you can improve that to Perfect LOL. I may be working on this game a really long time.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Mar 10, 12 3:33 PM
I really liked this game, and played all the levels again just achieve "perfect" scores on all of them! That was even more fun, as I already had all of the upgraded equipment and all of the zombie assistants.

It is similar to the "Salon"-type games, but twisted, which I enjoy. I am kind of tired of food-prep, waitress and salon games, so it was nice to have something different.

I really enjoyed the music for the game - it fit the "old west" setting, and added to my experience. I also enjoyed the sound effects, as did my husband - who was sitting across the room and couldn't even see what was going on on-screen!

The game ran absolutely fine for me - no freezing, no glitches. Very smooth! And I am playing on an older laptop - Dell Latitude D620 running Win98.

I like TM games quite a lot, and this was one I really liked! It was challenging, but not so frustrating that I wanted to give up. Thanks, developers! Can we have another?

[Post New]by lotspeich1982 on Mar 11, 12 6:26 PM
Slavicdiva wrote:I really liked this game, and played all the levels again just achieve "perfect" scores on all of them! That was even more fun, as I already had all of the upgraded equipment and all of the zombie assistants.

It is similar to the "Salon"-type games, but twisted, which I enjoy. I am kind of tired of food-prep, waitress and salon games, so it was nice to have something different.

I really enjoyed the music for the game - it fit the "old west" setting, and added to my experience. I also enjoyed the sound effects, as did my husband - who was sitting across the room and couldn't even see what was going on on-screen!

The game ran absolutely fine for me - no freezing, no glitches. Very smooth! And I am playing on an older laptop - Dell Latitude D620 running Win98.

I like TM games quite a lot, and this was one I really liked! It was challenging, but not so frustrating that I wanted to give up. Thanks, developers! Can we have another?

Did you get perfect on all levels? Even the first couple? Also, what needs to be done to get perfect?

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 19, 12 9:54 AM
i dont know why but i love love this game dead simple graphics some what old school but i still love it

Go to: