cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Reviews for Borgia: Faith and Fear

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 7, 12 7:29 AM
This seemed like an OKish but not exceptional game until I came to the scene where I was looking for a dice and found that it was actually off the side of the screen and I had to resort to Windowed Mode in order to actually see it.

Sorry devs, I do not like playing my games in Windowed Mode and for this reason I will not be buying it.

Cherb

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 7, 12 7:58 AM
ran into the same thing as Cherbtoo..figured it out after clicking off and grumbling a bit. Kinda wanted this game to be a good one. Graphics are well done, clunky game play, haven't the foggist idea what is going on..guess I'll have to wikipedia the Borgias to figure it out (oh, poor me )
Creeped me out seeing BETA before is started...geeeze, deveopers, take that off.
kris

azoch
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by azoch on Mar 7, 12 9:13 AM
program quit after 30 mins. into demo.... very disappointing since i
have been waiting days for a GOOD HOG to be offered.... it seems
the HOGS that are worth the money are few and far between these
days..... if you like to hunt and hunt for very little items, and then not
know where to go, then this is the game for you.....

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Mar 7, 12 9:40 AM

Edited on 03/07/2012 at 12:12:16 PM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Mar 7, 12 12:54 PM
This game stinks. I won't bother to repeat all the other's postings, but I agree.

Only good thing is I liked the cracking noise when I would click too much. That was interesting. Says a lot about the game, doesn't it?

Celticcoco

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Mar 7, 12 4:12 PM
One word.............................AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Bigfish, what the heck!

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Mar 7, 12 4:17 PM

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 1:09:41 AM PST

[Post New]by tamecamcmillan on Mar 8, 12 6:16 AM
Can someone help with how to open the casket that's on the table by the room Lorenzo's room.

normagene
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by normagene on Mar 8, 12 7:08 AM
Love history games, but this one was just too confusing. Could never work out what seemed to be even the simplest problems. No buy for me.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Mar 8, 12 11:09 AM
Boring! No buy for me...

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Mar 8, 12 11:22 AM
Well, I found the reviews more interesting than the game ! I really gave it a try, that is until it crashed on me after I had pieced the letter together. The game came back, but it wanted me to find the 4 keys to the chest - again!! Do the HOG scene - again!! And put the letter together - again!! Since it wasn't the greatest game to start with, I did not want to do these things - again!!

There was little guidance in the game and I found that there was nothing in the game that captured me (in some games I have had to restart, but didn't mind as the games were so good I couldn't wait to move forward .

Trying to carry on the conversations were a little, well, trying . I found that I just didn't want to put the energy into this game as BFG has so many other great games to play . So, I am moving on !! safarinow

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 8, 12 3:34 PM
I have to agree with the reviews so far. To me this game is boring and very slow. I was put off by the screen changing sizes all the time. At some point during the opening it filled my screen. When I started playing l had large black lines on the side. Then it would shrink to a wide screen windowed mode for the change overs. This was a very clunky effort and if I ever decide to buy it would have to be a DD and I'd probably even pass on that.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Mar 8, 12 9:13 PM
What a piece of junk!

prubell13
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by prubell13 on Mar 9, 12 12:59 PM
After a boring start to the game I later found it quite easy but nevertheless the boredom factor remained and although I have bought the game it will not be one that I keep going back to play anytime soon. There is far too much vocabulory to read and it is quite grey. It certainly needs the BFG touch to get it up to scratch.

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 19, 12 9:03 AM
this game is awful no game play to speak of the dreaded black screen when loading new section puzzles way to easy to much speech will not be buying this one

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 19, 12 9:04 AM
this game is awful no game play to speak of the dreaded black screen when loading new section puzzles way to easy to much speech will not be buying this one

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 19, 12 9:04 AM

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Apr 7, 12 4:57 PM
I'm not sure why, but I don't really like this game.

I would really like to like it but for some reason I just can't.

Oh well, I'll play the demo till I time-out or I figure out why I don't like it... or who knows maybe I'll change my mind.

No buy for me.

DrRobert
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,807 Posts

[Post New]by DrRobert on Apr 9, 12 6:43 PM
The lush and wonderful graphics had me hoping that I had found another gem of a game. What I found was a rock that no amount of polish will shine. Here are my main complaints, and there are many more.

First and foremost, being thrown out of the game after doing the annoying letter puzzle was bad enough, but coming back into the game and having to redo the entire bedroom/gifts/chest scenes again was a little too much. I deleted the demo of the game with 15 minutes of play left on it.

The items you are looking for in the HOG portion, after you finally find where the HOG scene is located, look nothing like the items you are supposed to find.

Instructions would be nice. Don't just repeat what the objective is when you hit Hint.

I hate games that you have to specifically follow a specific order to accomplish a task. If I see a pile of dirt and shovel, I pretty well know I'm going to have to find something in the pile of dirt. Instead, I had to search around for the "key" puzzle to get into the Medici home for 15 minutes before I could even pick up the shovel and dig to find the puzzle part in the pile of dirt.

The chest puzzle in Agastonias' room must have been programmed by a 3 year old. I have yet to figure out how to get the keys in the keyholes. No amount of clicking, dragging, trying to line up the right key with the right lock did anything. After 5 minutes I gave up and skipped the puzzle.

The developers of the game, Daedalic and the others, are usually much better than this. Hopefully this was just a hiccup and not a precursor of things to come from them.

This game went from a "must have" to a "will not buy" in 45 minutes. Let's hope this game either gets an update to fix some of the issues or the developers do better with their next offering.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Mar 18, 13 4:31 PM
Disappointing...not even worth the DD for me. The history was the most interesting part of the demo. Beside the technical issues, the game is too wordy, short loop of same music, not intuitive, and would not let me select the proper items when I clicked on them the first time. The scenes and characters were great, and the hint recharges quickly, but I want to enjoy a game not get frustrated by its shortfalls.

Go to: