Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition

[Post New]by farfromthefar on Mar 8, 12 4:36 PM
I know I have already played this game and not very long ago. It was reviewed on '****' on Feb 20th of this year and has a walkthrough. As I recall, it was a very good game but since I don't get games from the creators website and I am sure I didn't beta this game what is happeining? The previously mentioned website, which may have had it's name deleted, never even posts a page for a game that isn't out for public access, never an available tomorrow game. And it takes a few days for it to even pick up when the game does become available. Any idea what is going on?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 8, 12 5:56 PM
nikma wrote:ho provato la demo,devo dire che è un bel gioco,molto semplice e per questo molto rilassante...penso che procederò all'acquisto,sono però indecisa se aspettare la SE o prendere la CE ...vedrò ..ciao a tutti e buon gioco...!!

english/spansh translation of the above per web translation program:

"I tried the demo, I must say it is a good game, very simple and therefore very relaxing ... I think that I shall purchase, however, are undecided whether to wait or take the SE, the CE shall see ... hello all .. and good game ...!"

oops, I should have read the thread longer as someone else did the web-translation eralier, as well.

Edited on 03/08/2012 at 5:59:12 PM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Mar 8, 12 7:40 PM
The game is a worth CE, due to the graphics, story and game play, but, is a problem, for somebody like me that is used this type of game and buy them often, this game even when well done it left me with a feeling of Dejavu, I felt that I played the game before, not because it came out on a previous occasion but because this type of themes are become too exploited.

Yes they are beautifully made, but please we need something different if even somebody like me that I am sucker for this type of game and have no problem paying the price will eventually become bore with the same old same.

I played in casual, the game was interesting but I knew what to do at every step during the demo, now that is no challenge at all.

We need new themes please, I need to keep my brain cells motivated.

Hoglvr
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Hoglvr on Mar 9, 12 8:03 PM
I really like this game and I agree the graphics are outstanding,that being said, I do not like the fact that the strategy guide does not stay on the last page accessed and is not accessable on screen,you must go to front of game. I can get lost at times and to have to keep going through all the pages is a problem. That's my only objection with this game.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 10, 12 6:51 AM
I was shocked... I tried the demo thinking I'd get a great game after reading this thread and seeing all your raves... I'd even throw in two credits for it... what a surprise. Everyone is raving about this game I thought I'd enjoy it. I'm only 10 min. into the game and already 3 HOG scenes... sorry, just can't handle so many HOG scenes. Not crazy about DARK games anymore either. Another PASS.

Whatever adventure was in the game so far was far too easy and I'm not a seasoned adventurer.

Edited on 03/10/2012 at 6:53:13 AM PST

[Post New]by fishin_gurl on Mar 11, 12 9:09 AM
I just finished this game and it was excellent! It does start out with alot of HOS in the beginning but they taper off to only being in the scenes where you are about to solve a puzzle that needed various objects to be completed. I have read that some are complaining about the SG and although I usually need it here and there in games, I never even opened it in this game because the journal covered the places I had been and the hint system will take you to where you need to be doing something next. The length of this game is top notch and has raised the bar for future CEs. This game was definitely worth the CE price. and there were even new scenes in the Bonus chapters which usually just contain scenes from the main game. I will be watching for more games from this developer. The only problem with this game is that my bottom is numb from playing for so long in one sitting.

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Mar 13, 12 12:05 PM
Just started the game and it is beautiful. But did anyone else think it was hysterical that Claire says while in the cablecar I have a bad feeling - heck she just was in a train wreck (I did not see any other survivors) stuck in fish net while her fiance looks for just the right tool (wire cutters would take too long?) Anyway am really enjoying

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 14, 12 5:12 AM
I like everything about this game except for those heart-stopping appearances of the character, especially if they come from nowhere. I am prepared for them to zoom in on my with lighning speed when I see them, but when I mind my own business, doing stuff, and then suddenly out of nowhere pops up a character, it gives a fright each time.

And it's neither funny nor does it add anything to the atmosphere. In fact, there should be a warning, saying that those with weak hearts should be aware, and play at their own risk...

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Mar 14, 12 5:02 PM
This is an excellent game, but the Developers dropped the ball by not having the Strategy Guide keep your place. It is a royal pain having to always go to the Contents page to figure out where you are when there is a question as what to do.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Mar 15, 12 10:15 AM
I honestly didn't enjoy this game too much at all, which surprised me; all the rave reviews here on the forum were what inspired me to try the demo, so I was puzzled by my own dislike. But I wasn't impressed by the graphics, which were lavish to the point of feeling unrealistic. I felt it would have been better if they'd taken some of the effort they put into the background and made the characters' lips move when they spoke, because hearing the voices say the lines through closed mouths did nothing for my suspension of disbelief.

The one thing I really did like was the very beginning, the animation of the village that appeared before the main menu came up. That was really neat.

But yes, this wasn't to my tastes. The characters were flat; Clair in particular was dull and unappealing. None of the H0 scenes or other puzzles I encountered were remotely challenging, and the story didn't catch my interest at all. I uninstalled the demo after ten minutes.

[Post New]by croweslover on Mar 16, 12 11:37 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the purple stone disappearing while trying to do the casket mini game??? If so, was anyone able to figure out how to fix/find it so I can move forward in the game??? Please Help!!!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 6, 12 6:58 AM
Come on, BFG, if you want a seperate comments thread, it's
time to put a sticky on it.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Apr 6, 12 6:59 AM
I purchased the CE when it was released and enjoyed the demo however I just got around to playing it yesterday (I am completely backlogged with games I bought but hadn't played yet, I'm trying to catch up). I am loving this game! This game is definitely one of the best games I've played in a long time!

adragon
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers

[Post New]by adragon on Apr 6, 12 2:54 PM
I wanted to play the non-CE before probably buying the CE and awaiting the bonus chat on if it adds or is just added. I love games that cross genres like Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure with something for all my quirks. This game (yes, I loved Sacra Terra and 9: The Dark Side) has the blessing of staying in period mode in the HOS - items are clear, good hot spots, and not just 'thrown together" like some HOG scenes. I intended to put more into my review but missed the chance. I hadn't noticed the big blue eye in the CE. . .but it is in the regular version. There are often subtle differences like collecting certain objects in a CE that you don't in the standard version (either 'real' like a clover, owl, raven, etc. or "enchanted" or similar like the HOS in Escape from Ravenhurst.

[Post New]by Weirdkitten on Apr 10, 12 1:07 PM
This is a really good game, don't get me wrong, but I do have one niggling annoyance, in the trial the hidden object games had mini puzzles so in order to find the object you would have to put two things together etc, this completely disappeared in the full game, I kinda felt this was a bit sneaky!

banor
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by banor on Apr 13, 12 12:07 PM
Another great game - too many good games lately and not so much time to play
Really enjoyed this one

Sassy_50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Sassy_50 on Aug 7, 12 6:32 PM
Has anyone found the solution for the disappearing gems on the casket in lieu of starting all over as a new player? Uninstalling and reinstalling is not the answer either.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Nov 17, 12 7:09 AM
yes, we must say this is an all around GREAT game.

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Nov 22, 12 8:52 AM
Hope you have had a chance to play the whole game. It is very entertaining and solidly done.

seaside2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by seaside2 on Nov 22, 12 8:55 AM
banor wrote:Another great game - too many good games lately and not so much time to play
Really enjoyed this one

Yes! That is still the dilemma in Nov. Great games coming out.

Go to: