Re:Reviews for Entwined: Strings of Deception

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 11, 12 11:32 AM
jeepers, it's al finished. It was a good 3-4 hours of solid gameplay for me and that is with waiting for hints on occasion.
I like the starkiness of this kind of graphic art. The sumptiousness of other games (Trackers) are always awesome, but a simpler graphic is welcome sometimes.
The plot was well drawn, and although you figured out in your head who dunnit, you still had to prove it via the evidence.
A little too much back and forth for me, but it did make the game longer.
Mini-games were few and fine, one wasn't that wasy either, at least for me.
The speech was interesting since I'm from the south a long time ago and to hear those ouchie accents...dang, no one talked that bad down there....kind of sounded like englishmen pretending to be southerners. I did notice a picture of Queen Eliz in one shot.
Anyway, this was a fun game., a freebee for me, so it was all good. I'm not sure I'd put out 6.99 for it though, I'd write it down and wait for the DD>
kris

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 11, 12 11:57 AM
Not a game that I care anything about. Tried it for 30 min and just not my kind of game. It did have some good points, like a map and objectives you had to do and graphics were ok too. I guess some would like this game but not me.

pbrant
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by pbrant on Mar 11, 12 12:06 PM
Clicked on game and it gave me a message that said can't run because of "whatever and redirected me to a codec.com page not happy about downloaded something to my pc from unknown source. Have never had any trouble downloading any of your games for the last however many years I've benn doing this. Whats up

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 11, 12 12:36 PM
I may be in the minority here but I love this game! There are a few things that bother me but overall I want it.
You have to solve the murder of an inventor.

Pros:

The Case File (journal) is fantastic! Gives you all the info on suspects.
There is a map for the very large house and grounds.
Fun mini games that range in difficulty.
Hidden Object scenes are harder than usual.
Keeps you interested in the story.
Good voice overs.
Many tasks to complete at once.

Cons:

Widescreen option has no effect at all.
There is NO WALK THROUGH!
No way to judge length!

There were a couple thing swith the graphics I found funny. The butler looks like he just shaved his mustach and his upper lip hasn't seen sun in a very long time
They say the murder victims wife may have been disingenuos to her husband Why not come right out and say it looks like shes cheating on him lol

Over all I really want to buy this game but once again won't unless I can find a walk through somewhere

agate50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by agate50 on Mar 11, 12 1:36 PM
Great, refreshing game and a definite buy for me!

Especially since it's very high quality and NOT a CE.

I love the graphics, beautiful artwork. The intent is for it to look "dated", as this is an old-fashioned "who dunnit" story. I don't mind the supernatural-themed games at all, but it's nice to have a realistic one also.

I think the voice-overs are fine, and the music lends a nice, mysterious atmosphere and it isn't boring or grating.

I like games in which I can wear out my sneakers, and this has a lot of locations to explore.

So while it's not "Dire Grove" (my barometer for all that I love in casual gaming), it's a good, approachable game and an enjoyable way to spend part of a Sunday afternoon.

abitmore
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by abitmore on Mar 11, 12 2:28 PM
Is it possible that the graphics look dated to some because according to what I read in the Intro, this take place in

The decor, clothing, hairstyles, etc. should (now) look quite dated... Which makes ME feel dated! LOL! Maybe we should call it "retro!"

I'm not very far along at all. In fact, you might say that I'm stuck, lol. Nevertheless, I really like the game so far - the controls feel nice and smooth, which is usually a good sign for me. I purchased the game but will probably wait for a walkthrough to play it as I don't want to spend my Sunday in Stuckville...

P.S. You have to UNCHECK the Widescreen option in order to get Widescreen.

Edited on 03/11/2012 at 2:34:48 PM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 11, 12 3:30 PM
As my birthday nears, my aging eyes remind me I ain't gettin' any younger!

The exceptionally clear graphics and the beautiful mansion/grounds make solving this murder mystery a treat.

I knew it was going to be a buy, just as soon as I made sure it played fine on my PC. It does. No prompt to load a codec, just right into the game.

I've played about 2 hours already. Thanks to not having to struggle with dark and blurry graphics, I've been able to up the challenge by choosing the harder difficulty level. Fun and relaxing.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 11, 12 3:53 PM
daisyduck352 wrote:Not a game that I care anything about. Tried it for 30 min and just not my kind of game. It did have some good points, like a map and objectives you had to do and graphics were ok too. I guess some would like this game but not me.

I agree with you. The voice overs, except for the detective were horrid. Of course I didn't get beyound the kitchen were it said I needed to fix the lights.

I came to the forum to find out more about the hint system and when I went back it wanted my name again. I put it in, skipped the cut scene befor the door and it froze. Did the deletr, reload, same thing.

Not too heartbroken though. I also would like something different but this sure isn't it.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Mar 11, 12 7:01 PM
Not a buy for me, the amateurish graphics are too annoying. Too bad, it might have been a good story

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Mar 11, 12 9:17 PM
The graphic are stunning in this game. Kudos to the devs. But, the voice over, definitely leaves a lot to be desired. It in no way matches the movement of the mouth, I read the text while listening to it,...it was just too weird to try to watch the people talk while listening. The hints for the most part helped, except for knowing where to get some of the items required to do the puzzles. All in all, good game. (And I had the killer pegged & the motive...on some of these types of games, not correct first off or even 2nd lol.
NOTE TO DEVS... Beautiful graphics. I wish all games looked this good, plus I wish all games had the Hints that would SHOW you the DIRECTION you need TO GO, to avoid running around like a chicken with your head cut off sometimes...especially when you forget where some items that you collect along the way need to be used &/or where they need to be used...PLUS INTERACTIVE MAPS, they also cut down a lot of time/trouble (leg work) to get to where you need to go.
Happy Gaming all you other Fishies.

[Post New]by Helping__Voice on Mar 11, 12 10:39 PM
I have completed it. Nice game, I liked colorful screens, interesting puzzles and plot was nice too... Hints are very clear, easy navigation and I liked the Map. Map helps a lot and made many things easy for me...

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Mar 11, 12 11:26 PM
Amazingly beautiful and great fun. A true detective story. No skips on puzzles (evident) but they are not that difficult. I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Graphics are beautiful, HOGs are fun and not fuzzy or deceptive. Only negative was the stepping foot sound when walking around, seems totally unnecessary. Lots of rooms (some secret) to explore and returning to the rooms did not get tiresome because the logic of the game was fun fun fun. Enjoy !!!

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Mar 11, 12 11:38 PM
Great story! the graphics were not the best but the storyline made up for that. I would definately recommend this game.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Mar 12, 12 2:28 AM
What a refreshing change from graveyards, skeletons and demonic spirits. Having a great time picking my way through evidence,motive and building a case. The suspects are developed well. I like the old theme style. Like watching an 1950's dectective story that builds suspense. Music flows well with the game theme. Well done Big Fish. Please more of this high caliber storytelling. .

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Mar 12, 12 5:03 AM
Playing the demo I got fascinatined by the simple style yet bright and nitid graphics.
The plot is very interesting, the hid obj scenes are clear and clean, but some items are difficult to identified, (es. I was looking for a staples remover, the hint help me to locate what I thought was an aliigator open mouth) ahhhh, I know could be hilarious, but the hint system it's niceshowing you exactly where is the object, something different from the usual, but not more functional than the classic sparkle that indicate directly the item on the scenes.
The puzzzles are cleaver, not too difficult, I hope there will be not glithes ahead in the game, because I want to give it a try, and see how this investigations ends, but because there is not walkthrough, at least not yet, I took a chance using my last month coupon, so be it!!! ,

Edited on 03/12/2012 at 5:07:33 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Mar 12, 12 7:07 AM
Beautifully constructed game re graphics, navigation, locations, story and HOS. Real easy playing and most enjoyable. Haven't heard of Urchin Games before, but they know their stuff. Great integrated SG, very well done. Unlike some, I didn't mind the music. It kind of fitted the game.

The only drawback I found was that the text didn't keep up with the vocals, so I was constantly waiting impatiently for it to type out so I could move on.

A simple straightforward tale, very well executed.

Good job. Just need to tweak the text a bit next time devs.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Mar 12, 12 7:58 AM
I bought this game. I like more of a challenge in games but I enjoyed the mansion so much, I had to play it. There's no broken staircases or cracked walls. It's so flippin clean! Some fun puzzles too!

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Mar 12, 12 11:57 AM
A big I couldn't even finish the demo.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Mar 12, 12 5:17 PM
I liked the game, but I would have liked it better if it were more challenging and longer. It was a pleasant short afternoon game.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Mar 13, 12 6:20 AM
Oh my ghosh I love this game! I think the graphics are very beautiful and I love a game with voice overs! In my opinion the voice overs were done very well besides I am slower to buy games without voice overs so I always appreciate voice overs especially when I don't have to pay higher price. Thank You Game developer!

How boring to hear your own voice for a character, never understood why people complain, if they don't like it all the have to do is mute the voice, why bother to complain? This game has music that fit the game.

I hate the music in many games but I don't complain I just mute it. Getting off my soap box now.

I love the story line of this game and finding different items to make the story go forward. My only complaint is I am stuck and the hint doesn't help to just tell us what we need to accomplish. I also like the detailed journal and map so we don't get lost. It would have been a better map to save us backtracking to be able to click on it and it automatically takes us where we want to go. Oh well. I bought the game after 15 minutes and been enjoying it greatly. Please BFG more murder mysteries I am a frustrated female sherlock Holmes.

Go to: