DameSuzan
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Bad Programming, Bad Quality Control

[Post New]by DameSuzan on Mar 14, 12 11:46 AM
I get real attitude when a game fails within the first five minutes. I get worse attitude when it doesn't run. And when I see post after post saying the same thing, well... I know it isn't me or my system, eh? Note who created the game, and vote with your wallet.

Thanks to Big Fish Games, though, I got excellent customer service!

Suzan

MizzezJ99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Egypt: Secret of five Gods technical issues here only

[Post New]by MizzezJ99 on Mar 14, 12 1:11 PM
dreamer37 wrote:I installed the game, and when I try to run it I get Memory init error ...not enough memory. I have plenty enough memory...3.50 GB, 3.0 processor, my video card is up to date and so is my direct X. I am running XP sp3. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still get the same error. Help!

Me too. Help!!!

spenthen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by spenthen on Mar 14, 12 1:12 PM
I played for a few hours yesterday with no issues. Today I tried to open the game and get the error:

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version. File "d3dx9_43.dll:, eror 126

I have already uninstalled and re-downloaded the game and have same error.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Mar 14, 12 2:32 PM
spenthen – if the game is giving you a DLL error I would try and see if manually updating DirectX will help. If you click this link to the help article it has steps on how to do this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For those running into Memory Errors you might be able to see if any of the work arounds in this help article here can help:

Insufficient Disk Space Error

If you’re running into resolution issues, these steps here can help: Screen Resolution

Thank you all for writing in and letting us know these issues. For those still running into trouble I’d definitely get in touch with our Tech Support team (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to get in touch with them) and this can help us better track these and a rep can help you out with your purchase.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Mar 14, 12 6:21 PM
I tried a few times to trade with the camel guy, but couldn't figure it out. I was waiting for the camel to make another appearance and noticed that my market had disappeared. I didn't see a destruct button to click, no worker went to tear it down, it just disappeared. I quit the demo after that.

GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by GillyAlice on Mar 14, 12 6:59 PM
This game is slow to load , but does it eventually HOWEVER, a lot of the graphics are broken up into squares and rectangles.Especially the award pages, but specifically the graphics on the puzzles that you need to complete in order to move on in the game. So now I am stuck. Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions??

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Mar 15, 12 3:27 AM
Am having problems also. Before the dl even started, a box appeared asking if I wanted to dl a Bing something?? I checked "no", and then immediately got the error box. Tried twice with same result. I wonder if my refusal to the Bing thing could have something to do w/ the dl and install issues? Any comment Big Fish?

spenthen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by spenthen on Mar 15, 12 2:34 PM
Thank you. I did, and use Windows 7 which it states already uses the current version.

What can I try next?

Anyone? I was enjoying this game and would like to be able to play.

Thanks.

bfgCimarron wrote:spenthen – if the game is giving you a DLL error I would try and see if manually updating DirectX will help. If you click this link to the help article it has steps on how to do this:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

For those running into Memory Errors you might be able to see if any of the work arounds in this help article here can help:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=210">Insufficient Disk Space Error </a>

If you’re running into resolution issues, these steps here can help: <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=537">Screen Resolution </a>

Thank you all for writing in and letting us know these issues. For those still running into trouble I’d definitely get in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support team</a> (if you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to get in touch with them) and this can help us better track these and a rep can help you out with your purchase.

Hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 03/24/2012 at 7:23:02 PM PST

dreamer37
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dreamer37 on Mar 15, 12 6:51 PM
MizzezJ99 wrote:
dreamer37 wrote:I installed the game, and when I try to run it I get Memory init error ...not enough memory. I have plenty enough memory...3.50 GB, 3.0 processor, my video card is up to date and so is my direct X. I am running XP sp3. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still get the same error. Help!

Me too. Help!!!

CS tried to help and had me update my video card, and got me to try updating Direct X but I was up to date with that. So, I guess they gave up, because I get response to my email telling them your suggestions didn't help and they gave me a free code for a replacement game. I appreciate the free game but I would of preferred they had a fix for my problem and would of asked me to try something else. I am appreciative but extremely disappointed!

KHalleron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KHalleron on Mar 16, 12 7:04 PM
TobyIV wrote:I really hope a fix for the display problems with this game is imminent. Having the same problem as many others. Fullscreen the width is compressed, even tried different screen resolutions and aspect ratios but nothing fixes it. In windowed mode it displays better but then can't see half of the task list and the window won't drag to reposition. V sad

Same problem here. Deleting the demo. Sad, because it looked like it might be a fun game.

[Post New]by firebird61987 on Mar 17, 12 10:08 PM
Having the same problems jewels4caesar and several others are having with the DirectX issue and it displaying like a bad Super Nintendo game cartridge when it started wearing out! Won't be buying this one and it looked interesting also!!!! Hope they can fix it! So Sad!

Edited on 03/17/2012 at 10:10:58 PM PST

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Mar 17, 12 10:55 PM
I get to the start screen and get to enter in my name. But the background is flashing and all pixelated. My other games are fine.
I'm uninstalling it and not even trying to get it to work!

I have Windows XP.

lgum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by lgum on Mar 20, 12 6:05 AM
I can't get a mouse cursor to show up, no matter what I do.

[Post New]by Ausria on Mar 20, 12 9:14 PM
moesart wrote:I got to the first level but All I can see is the timer on the left, the supplies up top and the tasks down left. The game screen is white. Waaaaaa

Same for me

I have gone through all the advice on the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen Help, including reinstalling game.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Mar 21, 12 2:35 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you receiving errors or screen glitches, try following the steps in the help article bfgCimarron linked if you hadn't already (Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen).

If that didn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support so one of our reps can assist you further.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

jsj1231
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jsj1231 on Apr 3, 12 1:36 PM
i've downloaded the demo of this game 5 times and still haven't gotten to play the game. Have brand new computer so tried to skip the Direct X installation the first couple of times--games went straight to "time's up" and never got a chance to try. the last couple of times, i tried to install the direct X and got message that failed to install. Saw other people were able to play game---just not me!

[Post New]by Chris569 on Jun 15, 14 6:12 PM
I am on level 08. After building the pier I am unable to do anything else. How do I cross to get to the other side.

Go to: