Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Post any Small Town Terrors: Livingston technical issues here only

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Mar 17, 12 11:28 AM
Lady_Cav wrote:
kris_cross48 wrote:got a reply, I think because of our posts..they think it is our new drivers.
?kris
why isn't BFG wading into this?
...but wouldn't that affect other games as well, if it was the driver? I downloaded and played Natural Threat: Ominous Shores and also re-downloaded Mystery Trackers: Black Isle to play again and have had no problems at all - all this after getting the notice from Nvidia and upgrading to driver 296.10.

Not necessarily because different games use different game engines. All my other games work. I believe it is this specific game engine that this driver doesn't like.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Mar 17, 12 11:45 AM
Same issue as BabyWomBat..no buy unless gets fixed.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 17, 12 12:16 PM
Think I've wasted most of my 60 minutes just trying to stop the flashing so I could press the play button.
Hey, wasn't this game pulled because of bugs last week? Why wasn't this fixed before it was posted?
Looks like the Big Fish Games employees have today off for the holiday, so probably won't be getting a response for awhile.

EDIT: It definitely is a Nvidia driver issue. I went to their Legacy section and downloaded and installed the 285.58 version and the game works fine now.

Edited on 03/17/2012 at 12:58:20 PM PST

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Small Town Terrors: Livingston flashing screens

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Mar 17, 12 1:13 PM
In reply to Pinkbudgie and the rest having the flashing screens like I did too and can't play the game:

I have Nvidia drivers and had updated to the 295.73 so I went back and reinstalled the older driver I had no problem with which is 285.58 and the game plays just fine. I hope this might help.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Mar 17, 12 1:17 PM
I installed NVIDA 285.58 driver and the game playes just fine. thanks so much.

Katysmom1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Katysmom1 on Mar 17, 12 3:18 PM
I played the whole 60 minutes of trial. Great game. Bought it and now it won't play. I see the Big Fish and then it kicks me out to my desk top. I deleted game and re downloaded, Same thing. What gives? I may ask for my money back.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 17, 12 3:50 PM
Hi fishies,

For those of you who are seeing a flickering/flashing screen, I'd encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support team for further assistance.

Or, if you have an NVIDIA video card and are comfortable searching for updates on your own, it appears that a few users have found a solution:

fireeyes5 wrote:I have Nvidia drivers and had updated to the 295.73 so I went back and reinstalled the older driver I had no problem with which is 285.58 and the game plays just fine. I hope this might help.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 03/17/2012 at 3:50:48 PM PST

[Post New]by zorch75 on Mar 18, 12 6:15 PM
Katysmom1 wrote:I played the whole 60 minutes of trial. Great game. Bought it and now it won't play. I see the Big Fish and then it kicks me out to my desk top. I deleted game and re downloaded, Same thing. What gives? I may ask for my money back.

Having the exact same problem. Guess I'll try checking the drivers...

UPDATE: Finally got the game to work! My drivers were fine (Intel, not NVIDIA), but I had to uninstall and reinstall Flash and Shockwave, restart my ancient Dell laptop and download the game again. Running fine now.

Edited on 03/18/2012 at 11:23:11 PM PST

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 19, 12 7:51 PM
I got the notice from Nvidia and upgrading to driver 296.10.
the game is still flashing and flickering...
what to do? I want to try this game...

[Post New]by ElizaJae93 on Mar 20, 12 6:45 PM
I have installed and re-installed this game 3 times...and still it flashes like crazy..have to ctrl/alt/delete in order to end game. Completed the Dr. Felix report and everything is updated.
Still, no luck with game. I am really disappointed with this situation, since this is not the first time I have had this problem with Big Fish's games. What is going on with Big Fish, or is it the developer of the games??????

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Mar 22, 12 8:12 PM
kjos wrote:I installed NVIDA 285.58 driver and the game playes just fine. thanks so much.

I've got the 296.10 version of NVIDA driver and the screen is flickering... how do I get the 285.58 version so I can try the demo?

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 24, 12 4:58 AM
Gillraz, you have to roll back or go to the nvidia site and install the older version.
I tried tinkering with this and decided (after talking to the developer and BFG) that rolling back wasn't such a great idea. Seriously, when were you ever asked to do that? IT's always upgrade, not downgrade.
The developer needs to get his game up to date. So, although I'm disappointed, I'll wait..check once in a while for an upgrade.
That's just me however.
kris

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Mar 31, 12 6:26 PM
i also have flashing neon sign going like mad. have uninstalled / reinstalled a few times. no buy for me. no try again either.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Apr 17, 12 4:25 PM
kjos wrote:I installed NVIDA 285.58 driver and the game playes just fine. thanks so much.

This is the second game by this developer that current NVidia drivers are not compatible with. Since I already purchased them, I will play the games on my laptop but as any true gamer knows, games are not supposed to be played on little laptop screens. They just aren't. I refuse to roll back my driver that far; it is not an acceptable solution. BF Tech people and the developers know this to be true. This is really getting to be an issue with this developer and whether or not a purchase of their games will be worthwhile in the future. If there is anything BF can do to make sure these developers' future games are compatible with current drivers, it would ensure many happier customers. Thank you.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on May 2, 12 10:11 PM
what is with the shovel in the sand box, why is it not working, I AM STUCK HERE?

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on May 23, 12 3:59 PM
Hi I got further on a year old laptop without any driver updates. I could play the game with a bit of flicker on GM and the upper right corner. Any time I exited the game it crashed my comp too. I got a halved GM and desktop with lots of vertical bars. It was a fun game though. I hope this helps.

[Post New]by Leekabean on Aug 24, 12 6:18 PM
I have an iPad & I can't seem to pick anything up off my invitory list. I'm stuck in the beginning & want to pick the wheel up & put it on the stretcher. I bought the full version of the game thinking that was why but it still seems messed up. I have been at it for long time trying everything ( holding down & dragging, double clicking... Nothing works!!!!

[Post New]by luvrns on Aug 25, 12 12:26 PM
I'm having troulbe at the spark plug and generator (as are many others from what I read. Any fixes yet?

[Post New]by Hepworj on Aug 26, 12 3:29 AM
I'm on chapter 2 and up until now the game has being working absolutely fine, I'm now trying to insert the spark plug into the generator and whenever I tap on the generator the game closes down. I'm running it on my iPad and note that you have only just recently released this game for iPad. Is this a known issue? I'm happy to uninstall and reinstall but don't want to do this if the same problem still exists or have you already created a fix for this? I've tried closing my ipad down completely and the software is uptodate - any ideas?

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 4:04:22 AM PST

[Post New]by jnylynn on Aug 26, 12 4:18 PM
Having the same issue with the spark plug. I'd really like some answers!

Go to: