nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Comments for Nancy Drew: Secrets of Shadow Ranch

[Post New]by nell50 on Mar 18, 12 4:57 PM
gingergal wrote:I recently was moaning about why this ND game wasn't available here and suddenly here it is. I've been playing all the ND through in order and it was annoying this wasn't available here.

It may not be a new game but I hadn't played any ND game until I joined big fish so I am a happy fishie.

Keep the non chopped LF games coming BF I had almost given up on getting more LF games. So thanks!

I agree - I had not played ND games till I joined BFG a few years ago, and I absolutely love them.....the more the merrier. Once you get your head around how to play and interact with the characters, using the phone for hints etc, these games are really addictive. They are also long games and well worth the money, compared to most CE games which are good, but too short for the money spent on them. Definitely recommend people give Nancy Drew games a try, and have patience while you work out how to use everything.

Happy Nancy Drewing.....

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 18, 12 5:19 PM
This is my first Nancy Drew game, and my last. Before they wouldn't let you try it out first. I found the voice to be so annoying I couldn't stand it. The beginning went on and on to set the case up. I'm uninstalling.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Mar 18, 12 5:43 PM
I'm surprised this was a TGT. A few months back a ND game was released here and it was a soft release. I wonder how they determine these things.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 18, 12 7:39 PM
YAY! I'm looking forward to a change of pace from all the dark an dreary games. I have only played one ND game and that was the Waverly Academy game. I am wondering...I read in the review section one person said she had played a ND game in 2000 that was in a Haunted Mansion. Does anyone know what the title of that game was? The person went on and on about it (Not meaning that in a rude way) but she didn't mention the title of it and now I am curious to go find the game and try it and see if I like it because I have another coupon and I just want to get out of this dark and dreary IHOG rut....I just don't think it's good for my mind...if ya know what I mean. I like the ND games because they challenge you more and make you think more and they are a lot more wholesome.
Well that said, happy gaming everyone!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 18, 12 7:47 PM
yourshannygirl wrote:YAY! I'm looking forward to a change of pace from all the dark an dreary games. I have only played one ND game and that was the Waverly Academy game. I am wondering...I read in the review section one person said she had played a ND game in 2000 that was in a Haunted Mansion. Does anyone know what the title of that game was? The person went on and on about it (Not meaning that in a rude way) but she didn't mention the title of it and now I am curious to go find the game and try it and see if I like it because I have another coupon and I just want to get out of this dark and dreary IHOG rut....I just don't think it's good for my mind...if ya know what I mean. I like the ND games because they challenge you more and make you think more and they are a lot more wholesome.

message in haunted mansion? that was released in 2000

I'm excited like nell50.

This game is being sold elsewhere for $20. Bring on the LF games please big fish.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 19, 12 1:47 AM
gingergal wrote:
yourshannygirl wrote:YAY! I'm looking forward to a change of pace from all the dark an dreary games. I have only played one ND game and that was the Waverly Academy game. I am wondering...I read in the review section one person said she had played a ND game in 2000 that was in a Haunted Mansion. Does anyone know what the title of that game was? The person went on and on about it (Not meaning that in a rude way) but she didn't mention the title of it and now I am curious to go find the game and try it and see if I like it because I have another coupon and I just want to get out of this dark and dreary IHOG rut....I just don't think it's good for my mind...if ya know what I mean. I like the ND games because they challenge you more and make you think more and they are a lot more wholesome.

message in haunted mansion? that was released in 2000

I'm excited like nell50.

This game is being sold elsewhere for $20. Bring on the LF games please big fish.

Hi Gingergal,
Yes that's it...I think that the way it was written in the post that I read the title is so confusing (in the sentence that I read) Okay now I think I am probably confusing peeps who are reading this....but do I care? No but yes ha ha ha! Actually it's about 2:50 am here and I can't sleep and I've already gotten up and done some housework and still can't sleep.

Thanks for your response Gingergal it actually did clear it up because I couldn't understand what she meant in her post (not saying that's her fault...don't want to offend anyone....LORD KNOWS I don't want peeps jumping down my throat the people snap around here...not YOU but I'm sure some people know what I mean)

That said I am back to dealing with real life again and finding a few games to play here and there and again I am so glad to find a game like this to try.
~Shanny

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 1:53:02 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 19, 12 1:56 AM
Oh and as a sidenote...yes BIGFISH I would love to see more games like this one and the "Message in Haunted Mansion" here also!! I'd like to use my coupons that I have left and credits that I have left on more wholesome games that are easier on my mind and still make me think but aren't quite so dark as many of the IHOGs out there.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Mar 19, 12 2:15 AM
I'm happy that BFG finally sells this game, because it was not on the list although BFG sells the newer ones. But honestly, however, I expect BFG to sell Alibi in Ashes, ND's latest installment game, to this one. Still, I'm glad that it's now here and some more we can try it for one hour!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Mar 19, 12 5:01 AM
As another comment, I found that this game is labeled as "Big Fish Exclusive".

Yeah right, I'm sure that Him... Inter... active stopped selling it! But does that mean we can finally say the name of the developer without a mod jumping your fishbones?

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 19, 12 6:36 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I love adventures, but not the ND series. What a terrible game! And 6 years old!!! That is not a new game.

I think people tend to take the word "new" too literally. I don't think they mean new as in a month old or six months old or whatever, simply that you can come to BFG every day and play a game that's new to this particular site.

I personally like the ND series. The navigation does take a bit of getting used to after the other games we've had, but at least there's a story that you can follow and the hint system is good.

Edited on 03/19/2012 at 6:38:47 AM PST

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Mar 19, 12 5:37 PM
I bought this game yesterday. I read some of the reviews today. I love the ND games although I need to use a walkthrough often. I can't get enough of the ND games! LOL

tuskel
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by tuskel on Mar 20, 12 3:59 AM
yourshannygirl wrote:Oh and as a sidenote...yes BIGFISH I would love to see more games like this one and the "Message in Haunted Mansion" here also!! I'd like to use my coupons that I have left and credits that I have left on more wholesome games that are easier on my mind and still make me think but aren't quite so dark as many of the IHOGs out there.

Message in a Haunted Mansion is here already, they released it about two years ago. It was the second ND I played, thiking it was the newest, and I couldn't understand why they had changed the controls to be harder! (It's actually the third in the series).

Most of the ND games are here now, apart from the original Secrets Can Kill and Stay Tuned for Danger - they were never released as downloads anyway (but you can get them on CD on ebay, if you want), and the latest two that are out at the moment - Captive Curse and Alibi in Ashes.

If you go to the front page, hold your mouse over the "Browse Genres" tab, choose "Search PC Games", you should get the alphabet under the search box. Choose "N" and you'll see all the Nancy Drew games Big Fish offers. NB! Nancy Drew Dossiers are slightly different, HOGs with a twist, but still made by the same people. Very enjoyable light games, I like the Redondo one a lot.

Dare to Play!

tuskel,
sincerely

Go to: