genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:GREAT NEWS about Dying for Daylight Chapters 5 - 8

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jan 7, 13 8:27 PM
I bought it even knowing that it was a part 1, simply because I enjoyed the demo. I have yet to play it - been waiting for the next installment to come out - but I'm not going to be upset with my purchase if part 2 never sees the light of day.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 7, 13 9:09 PM
I just posted on Charlaine Harris' fb page asking about the sequel to this game. Let's see if she replies. I also emailed the developer's website to inquire about DFD and if they're going to fix one of their other games that *still* has glitches in it after 2 years! It doesn't sound good but there's still hope. I'll post again if I hear back from them.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 8, 13 1:43 PM
Okay, here's the bad news. Charlaine Harris replied to me on her fb page saying she'd love it if there's a sequel but she doesn't think it will happen. But before her reply, someone else posted that "the company that produced the game went through some major restructuring and they are no longer producing their own games. Due to those changes, the game has been delayed and there is no word on if or when it will come out." That makes sense since I received no reply from the devs themselves (they were a Russian team), and one of their other games that I wanted to buy but is very glitchy (The Stroke of Midnight) hasn't been revised in TWO YEARS and is still very glitchy. So that's another big clue that this company seems to have gone out of business. They also made Deadtime Stories, which I like and own, so I'm disappointed that TSOM cannot be fixed and DFD is no more. On a bright note, however, I don't see why another developer cannot pick up the slack and continue the story. So long as they have Ms. Harris' approval and all the legal dealings are worked out, why not?

Genkicoll, loved your play on words!

DragonLadyOz, thanks for your suggestion about buying this game anyway since it's still so good. I'll use a free coupon that I have so I won't feel "cheated" that I'm paying for an incomplete game.

Edited on 01/08/2013 at 2:23:25 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 9, 13 7:42 PM
Thanks for your efforts FishyFemale, and your update regarding the results.
LOL, just had a thought.
BFG handed Azada over to ERS and it wasn't too badly done, even if it was different in that it was more in the ERS vein than the original BFG one.
They also took over the development of Phantastmat 2 which I felt they managed to "pull off"rather well, maintaining the look, feel and game play of the first game.
Maybe we should email them suggesting they take on Dying For Daylight??
Who knows, it might be good .... and maybe we will at least have the next set of chapters.
Cheers

Edited on 01/09/2013 at 7:43:44 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 9, 13 8:27 PM
DragonLadyOz, that's a great idea you have there about maybe asking ERS to take over the next DFD installment! I have four of their games (the first two Shadow Wolf Mysteries, Haunted Halls_Fears from Childhood and Gothic Fiction_Dark Saga) and love the gameplay of these four games and the way they all look. I think they'd do an excellent job in duplicating the look and feel of DFD and it would be worth a shot to ask 'em!

Edited on 01/09/2013 at 8:28:04 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 9, 13 9:01 PM
Hm, I was contacted recently from someone supposedly representing ERS. I am willing to send them the link to this and a suggestion about maybe them "taking up the reins" so to speak.
Maybe others could also "attack" their FB page etc (I don't do FB myself), and see if they get a response.
Cheers

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 10, 13 1:07 PM
Wow DragonLadyOz, I'm impressed! How does a computer gaming rep just contact you out of the blue like that? You must be "in" with the right people for sure! I wish a computer gaming rep would contact me to offer me a job as a paid game tester since I'm currently unemployed and love playing these kinds of games for fun. I'd enjoy getting paid to do it too but don't want to leave beautiful suburbia Detroit to do it. hehehe

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 10, 13 1:14 PM
LOL, I don't hang out with any big guys - out of the blue was correct!!
I said supposedly representing ERS.
I have had no response to any of my PMs from then since. Maybe it was because I declined the offer to join their Facebook site. Probably just trying to drum up some support, extra "likes" or something.

game_happy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by game_happy on Feb 13, 13 3:33 AM
Thanks for the info. I just sent an email to BFG regarding the release of Dying for Daylight, episodes 5 through 8. Hope the devs are working on it. I know everyone is anxious to see Dahlia in action again. :-D

[Post New]by ChileTillie on May 9, 13 2:10 PM
May 9th 2013:
I'm a big fan of CH: DfD, however I'm also very sad that there's no sequel/next chapters.
I do believe that they are not going to happen though.
I've just visited Nikitova's (game developers) website and their fan-site on Facebook, also Charlaine Harris' fansites on Facebook and everything from Nikitova stops in late autumn 2011. No activity since. Only fans replying fans.
I've no idea if any other company would pick up CH fD Chapters 5 to 8, but Nikitova seems to be out!
Google Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight or Nikitova and see for yourselves. Sad, sad, saaaad!

Go to: